Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Election Security

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/elect...cid=spartandhp

Inside a hotel ballroom near the nation’s capital, a U.S. Army officer with battlefield experience told 120 state and local election officials that they may have more in common with military strategists than they might think.

These government officials are on the front lines of a different kind of battlefield — one in which they are helping to defend American democracy by ensuring free and fair elections.

“Everyone in this room is part of a bigger effort, and it’s only together are we going to get through this,” the officer said.

That officer and other past and present national security leaders had a message to convey to officials from 24 states gathered for a recent training held by a Harvard-affiliated democracy project: They are the linchpins in efforts to defend U.S. elections from an attack by Russia, China or other foreign threats, and developing a military mindset will help them protect the integrity of the vote.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Easy, require voter ID and only allow US Citizens to vote. Problem solved.

Also, the US military should not be involved with our elections other than voting.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
      Easy, require voter ID and only allow US Citizens to vote. Problem solved.

Also, the US military should not be involved with our elections other than voting.
      I don't think that voter ID will help against foreign cyber attacks, such as the Russians conducted in 2016.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X