One more reason I have no interest in unions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more reason I have no interest in unions

Seems the UAW leadership has squandered well over a million of their member's dues living the high life:

On a single day in December 2015, Gary Jones, who resigned last month as president of the United Automobile Workers, spent more than $13,000 of the union’s money at a cigar store in Arizona. His purchases included a dozen $268 boxes of Ashton Double Magnums and a dozen boxes of Ashton Monarchs at $274.50 each. “Hi Gary, Thank you & Happy New Year,” read a handwritten note from the store.

The purchases, documented by a federal complaint filed against a union leader in September, were part of more than $60,000 in cigars and cigar paraphernalia that Mr. Jones and other U.A.W. officials expensed to the union between 2014 and 2018. And the cigar purchases were in turn just a small portion of the roughly $1 million in union money that court filings say U.A.W. officials spent on golf outings, four-figure dinners and monthslong villa rentals during regular retreats in Palm Springs, Calif., and elsewhere.
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/comp...cid=spartandhp

Corruption and abuse is everywhere these days, TAG. Always has been, but I think it's worse these days. The government parasites routinely bill the taxpayers for stuff like this - remember the clown who billed us for his trips to see his mistress? And how exactly do members of Congress become millionaires on an annual salary of $174,000?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
    X