Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Giuliani the Anti-Semite

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/24/opini...kin/index.html

Monday evening, as American Jews gathered to celebrate the second night of Hanukkah, news broke of Rudy Giuliani's anti-Semitic tirade against billionaire philanthropist George Soros.
    The remarks, which came during an alcohol-laden interview with New York Magazine, cap off a long, alarming year for anti-Semitism both in the United States and abroad.

Indeed, the most dangerous thing about living at a time of constant stories about anti-Semitism is how quickly the hatred is normalized. Two and a half years ago,
    chants
    of "Jews will not replace us" in Charlottesville, Virginia, stunned America; today, anti-Semitism is just
    a part
    of
    the news cycle

And so, as we take stock after this latest news, it's time to face three uncomfortable truths. First, despite his claims, Giuliani's comments are unmistakably anti-Semitic. Second, this anti-Semitism is not merely vile but dangerous: The anti-Soros tropes like those evoked by Giuliani may tacitly encourage those prone to violence, resulting in Jewish bodies on the streets. Most disturbingly, we can't write this off as the inebriated ravings of a single man. Everything Giuliani said had been repeated, over and over, by President Donald Trump, by Republican lawmakers and by Fox News hosts.
    Of course, today's surge of anti-Semitism isn't limited to Republicans; the problem is widespread. Some of the leaders of the Women's March have been plagued by accusations of anti-Semitism and a horrific kosher market attack in Jersey City earlier this month is being investigated as an act of domestic terrorism thought to be fueled in part by a hatred of Jews, according to the state attorney general.

We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Am I missing something? It appears that basis of Giuliani being Anti-Semitic is :

George Soros is Jewish. Rudy Giuliani criticized Soros. Therefore Rudy Giuliani is Anti-Semitic. Doesn't that seem like a stretch?

That was the same logic when the left tried to claim any criticism of President Obama was because he is black. I t couldn't be because of policy differences.

By that logic any criticism of President Trump is anti-white, anti-Scottish American and anti-orange.

Any criticism of U.S Supreme Court Justices Thomas, Roberts, Alito, Sotomayor and Kavanaugh is anti-Catholic.

By this logic your criticism of Rudy Giuliani is anti-Catholic and anti- Italian American.

The practice of labeling some one as prejudice because they disagree with policy has been very destructive.
    "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" Beatrice Evelyn Hall
    Updated for the 21st century... except if you are criticizing islam, that scares the $hii+e out of me!

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post
      Am I missing something? It appears that basis of Giuliani being Anti-Semitic is :

George Soros is Jewish. Rudy Giuliani criticized Soros. Therefore Rudy Giuliani is Anti-Semitic. Doesn't that seem like a stretch?

That was the same logic when the left tried to claim any criticism of President Obama was because he is black. I t couldn't be because of policy differences.

By that logic any criticism of President Trump is anti-white, anti-Scottish American and anti-orange.

Any criticism of U.S Supreme Court Justices Thomas, Roberts, Alito, Sotomayor and Kavanaugh is anti-Catholic.

By this logic your criticism of Rudy Giuliani is anti-Catholic and anti- Italian American.

The practice of labeling some one as prejudice because they disagree with policy has been very destructive.
      17th, just let it go, it's of no use.
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Kinda like criticizing Israel is alway immediately called anti-semitic?
        "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by 17thfabn View Post

Quite possible true...in point of fact Giuliani is merely a corrupt jackass.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X