The Continuous Fight Over Health Care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post

Comments like this convince me that people are in denial of the human condition.

Is genius in the individual or in the culture? . . . .
    You're either a friggin' nutjob -- or on the cusp of a revolutionary genius not seen in centuries, if ever, What you're positing is that new technologies like AI can liberate human thinking not only from its biological limitations, but also from its cultural constraints. You're talking about rendering the revolutionary an everyday occurrence, a mundane happenstance. Can the human brain handle that kind of pace without being overwhelmed, without seizing up like an overheated computer? These are questions too big for my meager capabilities to digest. If you're right, then it's pretty clear that what's a-comin' ain't at all gonna resemble what's come before.

Now it's time for my aspirin and scotch. . . .

When time permits, I'll fill you in on computer-aided clinical diagnosis and treatment. It's a fascinating field that Mrs Slick has gotten into, on the ground floor, so to speak.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

You're either a friggin' nutjob -- or on the cusp of a revolutionary genius not seen in centuries, if ever, What you're positing is that new technologies like AI can liberate human thinking not only from its biological limitations, but also from its cultural constraints. You're talking about rendering the revolutionary an everyday occurrence, a mundane happenstance. Can the human brain handle that kind of pace without being overwhelmed, without seizing up like an overheated computer? These are questions too big for my meager capabilities to digest. If you're right, then it's pretty clear that what's a-comin' ain't at all gonna resemble what's come before.

Now it's time for my aspirin and scotch. . . .

When time permits, I'll fill you in on computer-aided clinical diagnosis and treatment. It's a fascinating field that Mrs Slick has gotten into, on the ground floor, so to speak.
      I'm certainly not a genius but I listen to geniuses. Every genius is a " friggin nutjob" that is why we rely on "stable geniuses" like you to prevent society from spiralling out of control.

As to the rate of change I think "future shock" has been fairly discredited by the smartphone. My worry is largely focused on the intellectual class divide that Charles Murray speaks of. That concern would be much less if the intellectually elite did not seem so dispossessed of "common sense". Corporatism, globalism, even postmodernism are the play ground of geniuses but they are mad houses. I'm more sympathetic to your point of view than you imagine. AI may very well be the "species" that replaced us. AI may be the ultimate and terminal class divide. Fortunately for me I'm an optimist.

We hunt the hunters

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X