Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Social Security and Disability

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/tr...cid=spartandhp

The Trump administration is proposing changes to Social Security that could terminate disability payments to hundreds of thousands of Americans, particularly older people and children.

The new rule would change aspects of disability reviews — the methods by which the Social Security Administration determines whether a person continues to qualify for benefits. Few recipients are aware of the proposal, which is open for public comment through January.

Critics of the plan liken it to the administration’s efforts to cut food stamps, among other entitlement programs, with insufficient information offered to explain curtailing benefits.

Social Security officials declined to comment. For years, Republicans have argued that Social Security benefits need to be reined in to save money.

The new rule, advocates for low-income Americans say, is just a way to push people off the disability rolls.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Social Security Disability was one of the most abused programs while Obama was President. Thousands went on SS Disability when they were unable to find work of any kind during those years of record lowest work force participation from 2008 to 2016.

Note, the key word in your Yellow Journalism MSN article is "COULD." The old and children is always a catchall used by The Left to push their liberal agenda.

The new rules are there to get rid of the freeloaders as it provides benefits to those that are really unable to work due to their disability.
    https://www.disability-benefits-help...sability-claim
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

AND...starting in January 2020 SS payment will jump 1.6% due to COLA. It will more than offset the increase to monthly Medicare Part B payments.
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Social security disability is heavily abused.
        But how dare trump try and address the fraud that runs rampant in that system.

An example of the abuse of that system.
        Years ago I was defending a suit brought by 4 people who were claiming extensive losses due to a storm that damaged their house.
        Mom, dad, son and son's common law wife.
        They were running a kennel selling $5000 dogs and it was entirely a cash business.

Somehow all 4 of those adults had qualified for social security disability while also running their puppy mill.
        Their attempted insurance fraud failed too.
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Well....good?

Not sure why children would qualify for SS Disability anyway, seeing as they're not even of an age to actually work or pay their own bills......
          Tacitos, Satrap of Kyrene

Comment

The biggest scam in disability is claiming you are "learning disabled." That is, you are either too stupid, lazy, or both to have bothered to gotten an education. There's a whole cottage industry of lawyers and other scammers who make a good living off coaching people like that through the Social Security system for a cut of their money.

Comment

My daughter has been getting SSI just about all her life. When it started she was being piggybacked off my earnings. Now she is not supposed to be. She is over 30. I would rather American citizens like her get SSI than all those people being brought in and getting paid benefits automatically. I got on SSI during the Obama years. I did not think I could, but here I am, years later, still on it. If some political party screws with my daughter's or my SSI and still gives away to people just coming into the country, that party will lose any chance of me voting for them.

I can't work on my feet anymore. With my health history, no one will hire me.

Pruitt
              Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                But how dare trump try and address the fraud that runs rampant in that system.
                Exactly as Trump is guilty of fraud himself, such as the so-called Trump University.

We are not now that strength which in old days
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post
                  My daughter has been getting SSI just about all her life. When it started she was being piggybacked off my earnings. Now she is not supposed to be. She is over 30. I would rather American citizens like her get SSI than all those people being brought in and getting paid benefits automatically. I got on SSI during the Obama years. I did not think I could, but here I am, years later, still on it. If some political party screws with my daughter's or my SSI and still gives away to people just coming into the country, that party will lose any chance of me voting for them.

I can't work on my feet anymore. With my health history, no one will hire me.

Pruitt
                  Those like you and your daughter who have legitimate claims for SSDI need not be concerned. It's the fraudsters that should be worried about the possible changes. To clean up the fraud, it's going to require patience and cooperation but it needs to be done.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

Those like you and your daughter who have legitimate claims for SSDI need not be concerned. It's the fraudsters that should be worried about the possible changes. To clean up the fraud, it's going to require patience and cooperation but it needs to be done.

Correct, last year They stopped SSI on my Mother because she was past 90, (to prevent fraud which is prevalent), I complained, and they sent an investigator to my home to determinate that she was still alive, and it was reinstated immediately!
                    Last edited by Trung Si; 14 Dec 19, 10:36.
                    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Is it true that over they years Congress has raided money from Social Security with no intent to pay it back? If it's true, it's wrong on so many levels.
                      "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
                        Is it true that over they years Congress has raided money from Social Security with no intent to pay it back? If it's true, it's wrong on so many levels.

Yes. More or less.
                        Social security used its "surplus" in the past to buy US bonds. This helped fund government spending. As a result, now that SS is running at a deficit it must draw on those bonds to pay its debts and that comes out of current US funds. There is no "fund" to pay SS, just an IOU from the US government.

This is one of the reasons why Bush's proposal to privatize SS had merit.
                        One of the other dishonest things the government has done with SS is that in 1968 or so, they started counting SS taxes as general revenue. That made it look like the government was running less of a deficit than it actually was.
                        An example of this is found in the claims of the "Clinton surplus" in the 1990s. If SS taxes are removed from "revenue" there is really only one year of surplus. That is good, but not quite the 4 years that are claimed.
                        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X