X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'A Corrupt and Dangerous President'

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...up-sot-vpx.cnn
    Lawmaker to GOP: Wake up! Stop protecting corrupt president

Rep. David Cicilline (D-RI) made a plea to his Republican colleagues to "wake up" and warned of "trading the values of Madison for the values of Moscow."
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

I am interested... does someone (like you) believe that this impeachment push/try/malarky is actually going to help the Dems in any way?

IMO, the exact opposite is happening. The President is gaining support and most are tired of this whole deal. How does this help in any way when if by some miracle it does go to the Senate it will be squashed like a pancake.

Why would the Dems even try this tactic? It is much like a frivolous law suit (I am going to sue you tho I have zero chance of winning the case). Tying up Congress when they should be doing 'things' that help the country... instead of dividing people even more.

There is only one year left in his term... how will anything get done in that time period that helps the Dems?

Is it in the hope that the President will not be re-elected? But the strategy seems to be backfiring and is showing the Dem's desperation IMO.

What say ye?
    SPORTS FREAK/ PANZERBLITZ COMMANDER/ CC2 COMMANDER

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post
      I am interested... does someone (like you) believe that this impeachment push/try/malarky is actually going to help the Dems in any way?

IMO, the exact opposite is happening. The President is gaining support and most are tired of this whole deal. How does this help in any way when if by some miracle it does go to the Senate it will be squashed like a pancake.

Why would the Dems even try this tactic? It is much like a frivolous law suit (I am going to sue you tho I have zero chance of winning the case). Tying up Congress when they should be doing 'things' that help the country... instead of dividing people even more.

There is only one year left in his term... how will anything get done in that time period that helps the Dems?

Is it in the hope that the President will not be re-elected? But the strategy seems to be backfiring and is showing the Dem's desperation IMO.

What say ye?

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

The Impeachment Trap

Here lies the trap.

If their arguments stand, then the accusers will be forced to admit there was no possible justification for President Obama’s Department of Justice (DOJ)/FBI 2016 investigation into candidate Trump for Russian interference and collusion, or the subsequent DOJ/Mueller investigation targeting the Trump administration. The Obama DOJ/FBI used multiple foreign entities to justify their investigations.

How can the Obama administration have the right to investigate a candidate with the full force of our justice system based on foreign information, but Trump does not? The arrogance, and hypocrisy, are staggering.

Pelosi and Schiff must believe the American voter has no memory or reasoning ability, or worse, they believe they can control the people through a complicit media and elitist propaganda.

Another problem.

The very premise of their argument is flawed, and dangerous for democracy. There’s no such thing as a president’s “shadow” foreign policy—there’s only the president’s foreign policy.

The essential fact the inquisitors and media pundits neglect? None of the hearsay “witnesses,” nor the alleged whistleblower, were elected to make U.S. policy. Voters must decide if a policy is valid, not D.C. bureaucrats.

Americans elect a president to set foreign policy. The analyst must evaluate it; the soldier and unelected bureaucrat must execute it. That’s at the core of our constitutional system. The president, and those who elected him or her, suffer the consequences if those policies fail.
        https://www.theepochtimes.com/the-im...p_3171506.html
        TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by dgfred View Post

What say ye?
          Trump will surely win a 2nd term, due largely to the impeachment proceedings. During his lame duck term, some form of gun control is definitely coming from Trump. He and his AG are already pushing for it. So, in that respect the democrats will get exactly what they want without shouldering any of the blame. Maybe it's part of an ingenious plan?
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X