Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Senate IG Hearing

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz said Wednesday that a senior prosecutor failed to convince him that the FBI’s 2016 investigation of President Trump’s campaign was improperly opened, revealing new details about internal tension among senior officials over the politically explosive case.

At a Senate Judiciary Committee hearing, Horowitz was asked by the panel’s senior Democrat, Sen. Dianne Feinstein (Calif.), if Attorney General William P. Barr or his hand-picked prosecutor on the issue, Connecticut U.S. Attorney John Durham, offered any evidence to change the inspector general’s view that the FBI had a valid reason to open the probe in July 2016.

“No, we stand by our finding,” said Horowitz, who said he met in November with Durham to discuss the findings in the inspector general’s 434-page report released Monday.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
      In order to support a claim that there was an FBI institutional, political bias against Trump, one needs to find something more than some sporadic cases of personal bias by some agents. The report also mentioned the discovery of texts by other agents who were supporting Trump. So, indeed, the cartoonist does not understand the difference between the implications of the claim on the left and the implications of the claim on the right.
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

In order to support a claim that there was an FBI institutional, political bias against Trump, one needs to find something more than some sporadic cases of personal bias by some agents. The report also mentioned the discovery of texts by other agents who were supporting Trump. So, indeed, the cartoonist does not understand the difference between the implications of the claim on the left and the implications of the claim on the right.
        Strozk and Page's e-mails and texts tell you everything you need to know. The two plotted to bring down Trump anyway they could

https://dailycaller.com/2018/04/27/r...texts-in-full/

https://heavy.com/news/2017/12/peter...ad-full-trump/

The two openly despised Trump, and thought Hillary should be president. They openly and regularly discussed ways to discredit and destroy the Trump administration.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Strozk and Page's e-mails and texts tell you everything you need to know. The two plotted to bring down Trump anyway they could

https://dailycaller.com/2018/04/27/r...texts-in-full/

https://heavy.com/news/2017/12/peter...ad-full-trump/

The two openly despised Trump, and thought Hillary should be president. They openly and regularly discussed ways to discredit and destroy the Trump administration.
          Sorry, but believing that the personal bias of some agents is enough to counter the lack of bias by other agents or the personal bias of agents whose messages supported Trump is not convincing.

https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf

Page 339

We reviewed the text and instant messages sent and received by the Handling Agent, the co-case Handling Agent, and the SSA for this CHS, which reflect their support for Trump in the 2016 elections. On November 9, the day after the election, the SSA contacted another FBI employee via an instant messaging program to discuss some recent CHS reporting regarding the Clinton Foundation and offered that "if you hear talk of a special prosecutor .. .! will volunteer to work [on] the Clinton Foundation. 11 The SSA's November 9, 2016 instant messages also stated that he "was so elated with the election" and compared the election coverage to "watching a Superbowl comeback." The SSA explained this comment to the OIG by saying that he "fully expected Hillary Clinton to walk away with the election. But as the returns [came] in .. .it was just energizing to me to see .... [because] I didn't want a criminal to be in the White House

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Horowitz on bias being a motivating factor: "I'm not ruling it out."
            {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
              Horowitz on bias being a motivating factor: "I'm not ruling it out."
              If this is the standard, then you also cannot rule out that Trump spreads conspiracy theories to harm the institutions that can expose his abuse of power.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Sorry, but believing that the personal bias of some agents is enough to counter the lack of bias by other agents or the personal bias of agents whose messages supported Trump is not convincing.

https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf

Page 339

We reviewed the text and instant messages sent and received by the Handling Agent, the co-case Handling Agent, and the SSA for this CHS, which reflect their support for Trump in the 2016 elections. On November 9, the day after the election, the SSA contacted another FBI employee via an instant messaging program to discuss some recent CHS reporting regarding the Clinton Foundation and offered that "if you hear talk of a special prosecutor .. .! will volunteer to work [on] the Clinton Foundation. 11 The SSA's November 9, 2016 instant messages also stated that he "was so elated with the election" and compared the election coverage to "watching a Superbowl comeback." The SSA explained this comment to the OIG by saying that he "fully expected Hillary Clinton to walk away with the election. But as the returns [came] in .. .it was just energizing to me to see .... [because] I didn't want a criminal to be in the White House
                Strozk and Page were actually involved in the surveillance of the Trump campaign. That's why it counts. It doesn't matter if 1000 other agents who weren't involved thought Trump was the greatest thing since Jesus himself. What you offer is nothing but a red herring excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Strozk and Page were actually involved in the surveillance of the Trump campaign. That's why it counts. It doesn't matter if 1000 other agents who weren't involved thought Trump was the greatest thing since Jesus himself. What you offer is nothing but a red herring excuse.
                  The other agents were also involved in the case. In fact, Trump supporters (both the "handling agent" and the supervising special agent") were handling the source that was giving information against Trump.

We reviewed the text and instant messages sent and received by the Handling Agent, the co-case Handling Agent, and the SSA for this CHS, which reflect their support for Trump in the 2016 elections

Strozk and Page were NOT the only ones who were involved in the case and you have not shown their conduct with respect to the FISA applications.
                  Last edited by pamak; 11 Dec 19, 18:48.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X