X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump Lied About the FBI...

...Now that's a shocker.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

The Justice Department's internal watchdog found the controversial surveillance of a Trump campaign adviser was riddled with errors, raising questions about its justification.

The voluminous report, released Monday by Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz, identified 17 separate inaccuracies across three surveillance applications, effectively inflating the justification for monitoring former foreign policy adviser Carter Page starting in the fall of 2016.

Horowitz, nevertheless, concluded the FBI was legally justified in launching its inquiry into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election and that there was no “documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI’s decision to conduct these operations.”
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Here...we...go...again. ALL politicians lie, period, yours more than anybody else's.

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Here...we...go...again. ALL politicians lie, period, yours more than anybody else's.

But the issue is not that he just lied but that you went along with it during the last three years talking about the FBI's plan to take down Trump!
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        ...Now that's a shocker.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

The Justice Department's internal watchdog found the controversial surveillance of a Trump campaign adviser was riddled with errors, raising questions about its justification.

The voluminous report, released Monday by Justice Department Inspector General Michael Horowitz, identified 17 separate inaccuracies across three surveillance applications, effectively inflating the justification for monitoring former foreign policy adviser Carter Page starting in the fall of 2016.

Horowitz, nevertheless, concluded the FBI was legally justified in launching its inquiry into Russia’s interference in the 2016 election and that there was no “documentary or testimonial evidence that political bias or improper motivation influenced the FBI’s decision to conduct these operations.”
        My favorite part was that among the findings, the IG found also emails of FBI agents expressing their support for Trump and their hostility against Clinton.

https://www.justice.gov/storage/120919-examination.pdf

Page 339

We reviewed the text and instant messages sent and received by the Handling Agent, the co-case Handling Agent, and the SSA for this CHS, which reflect their support for Trump in the 2016 elections. On November 9, the day after the election, the SSA contacted another FBI employee via an instant messaging program to discuss some recent CHS reporting regarding the Clinton Foundation and offered that "if you hear talk of a special prosecutor .. .! will volunteer to work [on] the Clinton Foundation. 11 The SSA's November 9, 2016 instant messages also stated that he "was so elated with the election" and compared the election coverage to "watching a Superbowl comeback." The SSA explained this comment to the OIG by saying that he "fully expected Hillary Clinton to walk away with the election. But as the returns [came] in .. .it was just energizing to me to see .... [because] I didn't want a criminal to be in the White House.

Nobody knew about them even though reasonable people could understand that one could find both Trump and Clinton supporters in the FBI.
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Ironically, the report also includes that Steele had at some point a personal connection with a member from Trump's family, which he used it as evidence to argue that he did not have any anti-Trump bias before the start of his investigation...

Page 94

Steele called the allegation that he was biased against Trump from the start "ridiculous."217 He stated that if anything he was "favorably disposed" toward the Trump family before he began his research because he had visited a Trump family member at Trump Tower and "been friendly" with [the family member] for some years. He described their relationship as "personal" and said that he once gifted a family tartan from Scotland to the family member.

And I doubt that he just made this thing up (the relationship) when the FBI could easily corroborate such information
          Last edited by pamak; 09 Dec 19, 18:59.

Comment

barrwilliam.jpg
            {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/30/71888...lacked-context

Special counsel Robert Mueller wrote a letter in late March objecting to Attorney General William Barr's four-page summary of the conclusions of the investigation into possible ties between Russia and the Trump campaign, a Justice Department official confirmed Tuesday night.

The letter written to Barr expressed the special counsel's frustration that the attorney general's
              memo to Congress "did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance" of the investigation.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

False accusations against American institutions are despicable.

And Trump has done that repeatedly. No one can trust what he says, no matter what the subject.

Didn't you Trump supporters make the point that Trump was not a politician? If so, why the change? I remember, defend him no matter what he does or says.
                Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

https://www.npr.org/2019/04/30/71888...lacked-context

Special counsel Robert Mueller wrote a letter in late March objecting to Attorney General William Barr's four-page summary of the conclusions of the investigation into possible ties between Russia and the Trump campaign, a Justice Department official confirmed Tuesday night.

The letter written to Barr expressed the special counsel's frustration that the attorney general's
                  memo to Congress "did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance" of the investigation.
                  "did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance" of the investigation

That would better describe Mueller's testimony before Congress.

"I don't know when I found that out....
                  I don't know that for sure....
                  I don't know. What (inaudible)….
                  I don't know the answer to that one....
                  I don't know specifically....
                  I think it were-I'm saying, I don't know specifically but if it's in the report then I support it....
                  I'm sorry, what was the - what was the question?"

{}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                    "did not fully capture the context, nature, and substance" of the investigation

That would better describe Mueller's testimony before Congress.

"I don't know when I found that out....
                    I don't know that for sure....
                    I don't know. What (inaudible)….
                    I don't know the answer to that one....
                    I don't know specifically....
                    I think it were-I'm saying, I don't know specifically but if it's in the report then I support it....
                    I'm sorry, what was the - what was the question?"

Not surprising considering the fact that Muelller did not even have the balls to insist on a personal interview with Trump and Trump Jr . Still, he knew what he wrote and that Barr was misrepresenting Mueller's report.

Comment

Not surprising considering the fact that Muelller did not even have the balls to insist on a personal interview with Trump and Trump Jr . Still, he knew what he wrote and that Barr was misrepresenting Mueller's report.
                      I think it was more a case of Trump refusing to be interviewed.

There's no way in the world that Barr would have allowed a interview with Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckster View Post

I think it was more a case of Trump refusing to be interviewed.

There's no way in the world that Barr would have allowed a interview with Trump.
                        Mueller had the power to subpoena Trump and Trump could claim the fifth if he wanted to avoid answering questions that could incriminate him. And if Barr did not agree with such subpoena, Mueller was free to resign and tell Barr to choose another prosecutor.

Here is the video where Mueller explicitly testifying before Congress that he had the power to subpoena the president and his excuse of why he chose not to subpoena Trump

https://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/...ony-nr-vpx.cnn

His logic was that because of the necessity to expedite the investigation he decided not to subpoena Trump after negotiations with Trump's lawyers failed to come to an agreement. Of course, Mueller could easily expedite the investigation by a subpoena to bring Trump in front of him.

And then, we also learned that he did not subpoena Jr who was at the center of the Trump tower meeting that Mueller was investigating!

https://www.courtlistener.com/recap/...590.43.0_9.pdf

Mueller Report App’x C-2, no such explanation is provided for why the Special Counsel chose not to compel the two individuals named in paragraph four to testify under oath before the grand jury, and the Special Counsel’s reasons remain unknown. The reason is not that the individuals were insignificant to the investigation. To the contrary, both of the non-testifying individuals named in paragraph four figured in key events examined in the Mueller Report. Assessment of these choices by the Special Counsel is a matter for others.
                        Last edited by pamak; 09 Dec 19, 22:58.

Comment

But the issue is not that he just lied but that you went along with it during the last three years talking about the FBI's plan to take down Trump!
                          It isa fact that the FBI planned to take down Trump .
                          Mueller's deputy said openly that the spy community ( FBI,CIA, .. ) would go after Trump and if needed would kill him .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

It isa fact that the FBI planned to take down Trump .
                            Mueller's deputy said openly that the spy community ( FBI,CIA, .. ) would go after Trump and if needed would kill him .
                            No, it isn't and the IG report put that conspiracy theory to rest.

When did Mueller's deputy say that?

All you're doing is repeating the paranoia and false information from Fox and the radical Republican talking points.

Comment

I have repeatedly given the proofs that Phil Mudd said at CNN : the government will kill Trump .
                              Source : Real Clair Politics ( which is NOT Fox ) August 12 2017 .
                              This threat alone is a sufficient proof that the FBI/CIA is swarming of criminals , because : to threaten to kill the president is a crime .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X