Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Murder at NAS Pensacola

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

When a Saudi Air Force officer opened fire on his classmates at a naval base in Pensacola, Fla., on Friday, he killed three, wounded eight and exposed anew the strange dynamic between President Trump and the Saudi leadership: The president’s first instinct was to tamp down any suggestion that the Saudi government needed to be held to account.

Hours later, Mr. Trump announced on Twitter that he had received a condolence call from King Salman of Saudi Arabia, who clearly sought to ensure that the episode did not further fracture their relationship. On Saturday, leaving the White House for a trip here for a Republican fund-raiser and a speech on Israeli-American relations, Mr. Trump told reporters that “they are devastated in Saudi Arabia,” noting that “the king will be involved in taking care of families and loved ones.” He never used the word “terrorism.”

What was missing was any assurance that the Saudis would aid in the investigation, help identify the suspect’s motives, or answer the many questions about the vetting process for a coveted slot at one of the country’s premier schools for training allied officers. Or, more broadly, why the United States continues to train members of the Saudi military even as that same military faces credible accusations of repeated human rights abuses in Yemen,
    including the dropping of munitions that maximize civilian casualties.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Reports today are saying that he had a dinner party at his residence a couple of weeks ago and he and other Saudi officers watched a number of mass shooting videos at it. One of the other Saudi officers present videotaped the building the shooting was occurring in as it occurred.

The military / FBI are holding 10 Saudi officers who were training at the base and they say there are several more they are looking for but don't know their whereabouts as they are officially missing from their duty station...

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...ng-videos.html

https://nypost.com/2019/12/07/pensac...videos-report/

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pensaco...ass-shootings/

Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 08 Dec 19, 13:48.

Comment

Another terrorist attack in the US and the OP article goes out of its way to blame Trump...... typical.
      "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
        Another terrorist attack in the US and the OP article goes out of its way to blame Trump...... typical.
        TDS is a sickness that makes certain weak minded people go mad from their inability to see things accurately as how they actually are because they only want to believe that he doesn’t ever do anything right.
        After 2024 they’ll be even more confused they won’t know who they are and what exactly they want anymore never seen anything else like it
        Last edited by Snowshoveler; 09 Dec 19, 10:35.

Comment

They don't show pictures of the pearl harbor shooter, only the Muslim.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
            The minute I read the title, I knew that Trumps name would come up somehow.
            Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

I'm surprised the OP didn't mention that Trump banned Muslems.......
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post

TDS is a sickness that makes certain weak minded people go mad from their inability to see things accurately as how they actually are but they only want to believe that he doesn’t ever do anything right.
                After 2024 they’ll be even more confused they won’t know who they are and what exactly they want anymore never seen anything else like it
                YEP, You got it. Trumps deluded supporters.
                "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

Maybe we are teaching the wrong people how to fly and do battle the same way our guys do.

Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

A Saudi Air Force lieutenant killed three people and wounded eight others in a shooting rampage Friday at a US Navy base in Pensacola, Florida. - Reuters

King Salman of Saudi Arabia called President Donald Trump to express his condolences, the president said Friday. Trump has sought to strengthen US ties to Saudi Arabia throughout his presidency, despite some criticism from both parties. - USA TODAY

The phone call could further escalate tensions and result in greater scrutiny of the White House’s diplomatic response to the violence, considering the international scorn the crown prince has faced for the killing of Washington Post columnist Jamal Khashoggi last October. - POLITICO

Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...GI?ocid=msn360

President Trump has long held a double standard when it comes to terrorist attacks: When the perpetrator is a white supremacist, he offers anodyne expressions of sympathy for the victims (often “thoughts and prayers”), while typically failing to label the attack an act of terrorism. When the perpetrator is a Muslim, however, he is vitriolic in his denunciations and his calls for a massive response, such as stopping all Muslims from entering the United States. After a car plowed into pedestrians in London on Aug. 14, 2018, for example, he tweeted: “Another terrorist attack in London... These animals are crazy and must be dealt with through toughness and strength!”

It turns out that Trump actually has a triple standard, because he treats attacks by Saudis differently than those from other Muslim nations. On Friday, a Saudi air force officer studying at the Naval Air Station Pensacola shot dead three Americans and wounded eight others. Instead of expressing outrage or vowing vengeance, or even waiting for all the facts to come in, Trump sounded as if he were auditioning for the job of press secretary at the Saudi Embassy. He conveyed King Salman’s “sincere condolences” and his (highly questionable) assurances “that this person in no way shape or form represents the feelings of the Saudi people who love the American people.” Trump then told reporters that the king “will take care of the families and loved ones of the victims.”

Sorry, but Americans don’t need blood money from the Saudis. What they need are honest answers to figure out what happened and why. It has been reported that the attacker had screened videos of previous mass shootings with fellow Saudi students at Pensacola; that before the attack he had posted online criticism of Israel and of America’s “invasion” of foreign countries, suggesting he may have been inspired by al-Qaeda; and that some of his fellow Saudi students filmed the attack. There is enough evidence for Rep. Matt Gaetz (R.-Fla.), a fervent Trump supporter who represents Pensacola, to label the attack an act of terrorism. But Trump, who never hesitates to throw out the “T” word after other attacks by Muslims, refuses to do so in this case.

This is, of course, only the latest example of Trump’s suspicious partiality to Saudi Arabia — the site of his first trip abroad as president. Trump has taken Saudi Arabia’s side as it has blockaded Qatar, the home of a large U.S. military base; caused a humanitarian tragedy with its bombing of Yemen; and even murdered and dismembered Post contributing columnist Jamal Khashoggi. Congress was so outraged by Saudi atrocities — both against Yemen and Khashoggi — that it passed legislation to block arms sales to Saudi Arabia. Trump vetoed the bills. And even while abandoning the Kurds who fought with U.S. troops to defeat the Islamic State, Trump has sent thousands of U.S. troops to Saudi Arabia, a deployment that in the past has inflamed jihadist sentiment.

Why is Trump so sickeningly solicitous of a vicious dictatorship whose citizens have carried out numerous terrorist attacks against Americans, from Sept. 11, 2001, to Friday in Pensacola? In public, Trump talks about the supposed economic benefits of the relationship — even though the United States, which has now become energy-independent, no longer needs Saudi oil. “They give us a lot of jobs. They give us a lot of business,” Trump said in justifying his nonresponse to Khashoggi’s murder. As usual, Trump is wildly exaggerating: He claimed last year that the Saudis have agreed to buy $110 billion in U.S. weapons since he took office. The real figure was $14.5 billion.

One can’t help but suspect that Trump’s interest in Saudi Arabia is more personal. While Trump now denies any financial ties to Saudi Arabia, during a 2015 campaign rally, he said: “Saudi Arabia, I get along with all of them. They buy apartments from me. They spend $40 million, $50 million. Am I supposed to dislike them? I like them very much.”

Trump has continued to benefit from Saudi largesse as president. The Post reported that, at the Trump International Hotel in Manhattan, “revenue from room rentals went up 13 percent in the first three months of 2018” after “two years of decline.” The general manager of the hotel attributed its good fortune to “a last-minute visit to New York by the Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia.”

Comment

Originally posted by Phaing View Post
                        Maybe we are teaching the wrong people how to fly and do battle the same way our guys do.

Not quite. They were enrolled at one of the country’s premier schools for training allied officers.
                        That tells me they are not getting the same training as our guys.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                          Not quite. They were enrolled at one of the country’s premier schools for training allied officers.

They get the same training on how to fly, but don't get the same training on how to fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

I would like to think so, but the guys doing the teaching tend to get into a rut. Proffesors gt testy when they have to modify their syllabus, so I think it would be about the same there.

Also, wouldn't it defeat the purpose? It the idea is to be able to integrate with our "Allies" and fight as one bog whole in a war... could you really have two squadron's fighting side by side using different tactics?
                            Last edited by Phaing; 11 Dec 19, 00:02.

Comment

Whats interesting about the situation is one of the news reports were saying the shooter did this because he says that America is harming not only Muslims but all of humanity. Now that line is different from your typical Muslim terrorist who hates America and who believes America is destroying Muslims but the typical Muslim terrorist does not give a damn about non-Muslims. The Saudi shooter though claims to care for all humanity yet the shooter killed innocent Americans, Americans that were a part of our military but that led honorable lives.

I will say it was good for Trump to point out how King Salman pointed out that the Saudi people love the American people.

Those out there complaining that Saudi Arabia is a shadow ally or that the Saudi’s are bloodthirsty... well I say That’s no different than saying that Israelis are bloodthirsty and Israel can’t be trusted because of the fact that Israel attacked the USS liberty killing dozens of Americans.

This is where leader ship comes in as well as common sense. And I have to give credit to President Trump on this one because commonsense and leader ship were part of trumps reaction to this event. Because it is not common sense to blame all Saudi’s for the action of one Saudi.
                              Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                              Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X