How can Republicans tolerate this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can Republicans tolerate this?

.... oh yeah, massive amounts of cash to feed The Swamp.

Don't take my word for it, look at Tucker Carlson, of all people, going after the Right Wing's version of George Soros.
    More like his Great Grand-Daddy, and the 2nd largest donor to the GOP.

Other nations don't allow this, why must we?
    Why isn't Trump all over this bastard?
    Why aren't you?

This man murders the Free Market and nobody ever heard of him outside of the Beltway?
    Soros is in the Caymans and can't be touched, but this guy can.
    Is anyone other than this Tucker guy brave enough to try?

What exactly can be done? This is a moral issue, so it revolves around money being a god to some people, like Singer. The media, politicians, clergy, schools, and Hollywood all need to speak out about this. Social pressure works, for good and bad. Perhaps a law could be passed against this, but I'm not sure what could be made illegal here. It comes down to ruthless capitalism being generally accepted and encouraged in the white collar world.
    "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post
      What exactly can be done? This is a moral issue, so it revolves around money being a god to some people, like Singer.
      Money?
      I think that once you have made your first billion, it isn't money anymore. It is the thrill of destruction, and pure malice.
      Power is the ultimate addiction.

If a psychopath like Singer was running around using arson or bombs to do the same thing he is doing, he'd be in prison or dead by now.
      What am I saying? No arsonist could do the amount of damage this old monster has done.

I don't care what sneaky methods he used, Singer and his entire cabal of minions have to be dealt with. They should be made an example of.

The media, politicians, clergy, schools, and Hollywood all need to speak out about this. Social pressure works, for good and bad.
      Oh, I'm on it, believe me!
      ... are you?

Perhaps a law could be passed against this, but I'm not sure what could be made illegal here. It comes down to ruthless capitalism being generally accepted and encouraged in the white collar world.
      Maybe it is a moral issue then, and the tolerance of this is showing how badly ours have fallen, if what Tucker said about past super-rich men is true.
      Even the UN is shrugging this off.

But the net effect of this guy is entirely negative, and what you just said at the end is all the justification the Communists need! If you wake up one day and there is a Red Flag flying over your local Public School, thank Singer and the example he sets.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaing View Post
        Money?
        I think that once you have made your first billion, it isn't money anymore. It is the thrill of destruction, and pure malice.
        Power is the ultimate addiction.

If a psychopath like Singer was running around using arson or bombs to do the same thing he is doing, he'd be in prison or dead by now.
        What am I saying? No arsonist could do the amount of damage this old monster has done.

I don't care what sneaky methods he used, Singer and his entire cabal of minions have to be dealt with. They should be made an example of.

Oh, I'm on it, believe me!
        ... are you?

Maybe it is a moral issue then, and the tolerance of this is showing how badly ours have fallen, if what Tucker said about past super-rich men is true.
        Even the UN is shrugging this off.

But the net effect of this guy is entirely negative, and what you just said at the end is all the justification the Communists need! If you wake up one day and there is a Red Flag flying over your local Public School, thank Singer and the example he sets.
        This is a new brand of industrialist, private equity enterprise. "Capitalism" isn't the right word, because it's so often misued. People think "capitalism" is any brand of making money, It's not. Economic scholars can't agree on what "capitalism" means, and what people call "capitalism" has taken different forms over the past 300 years.

Singer is making money, but he's not bringing wealth into the country, which is what early economists considered capitalistm ("mercantilism"). He's destroying jobs, which is the opposite of 20th century, "trickle down" capitalism. He's a a crafty businessman, who thinks the best way to make money is by pilfering and destroying a productive business. That's what Communism is to a large extent, but it's too different from Communism. I stand by the belief that this is a moral issue. "Capitalism" and "Communism" can both breed corruption, in the sense that, corruption means "broken" or "malfunctioning." I don't know what law can be passed to prevent this. It comes down to the culture in Corporate America, which is ruthless economic gain, as Tucker pointed out. The same thing exists in Communism, but in that case its the politicians who profit. So we need a.) a sensible law that prohibits this type of action, or b.) enough social pressure to change the culture in Corporate America.

And yes,at least one of the Captains of Industry was much more public minded. Carnegie did build those libraries, and he encouraged the publication of self-help books to help others become rich. I don't know much about the others. Ford did pay his employees more, but that was to his benefit as much as theirs, since he attracted hard-working, intelligent, and loyal employees.
        "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

.... oh yeah, massive amounts of cash to feed The Swamp.

Don't take my word for it, look at Tucker Carlson, of all people, going after the Right Wing's version of George Soros.
          More like his Great Grand-Daddy, and the 2nd largest donor to the GOP.

Other nations don't allow this, why must we?
          Why isn't Trump all over this bastard?
          Why aren't you?

This man murders the Free Market and nobody ever heard of him outside of the Beltway?
          Soros is in the Caymans and can't be touched, but this guy can.
          Is anyone other than this Tucker guy brave enough to try?
          Some men rob the passersby
          For a bit of cash to spend
          Some men rob whole countries dry
          And still get called their friend
          And under the feeding frenzy
          There's a wound that will not mend

In the mines of Mozambique...
          \bruce Cockburn- the Mines of Mozambique
          The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

We should pass laws prohibiting this practice, it is people like this POS that is ruining this country,
            But I have to ask, where are the forum members that always jump on anyone else using any reference from Fox news?
            Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
            Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Draining the swamp was a marketing gimmick, Trump won't do anything about it.
              "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Here's one from the current crop of Democrats running for President. Tom Steyer, a billionaire is running. He runs / owns a fund called Farallon Capital. Steyer says he's into "Green" energy. Yet, Farallon Capital is heavily and very profitably, invested in oil and coal in Asia being one of the bigger financial backers of extraction there-- mostly to China.

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

Some men rob the passersby
                  For a bit of cash to spend
                  Some men rob whole countries dry
                  And still get called their friend
                  And under the feeding frenzy
                  There's a wound that will not mend

In the mines of Mozambique...
                  \bruce Cockburn- the Mines of Mozambique
                  Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank
                  Give a man a bank, and he can rob the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                    We should pass laws prohibiting this practice, it is people like this POS that is ruining this country,
                    But I have to ask, where are the forum members that always jump on anyone else using any reference from Fox news?
                    That's all there is about this, as far as I know. Hopefully that will change soon, but even YT had nothing but some Bloomberg stuff that is pretty old and not very critical.

Comment

Evil POS I hope Canada has laws protecting us too like the UK has
                      We already have a problem with one psychopath with power we don’t need some others

Comment

That's all there is about this, as far as I know. Hopefully that will change soon, but even YT had nothing but some Bloomberg stuff that is pretty old and not very critical.
                        Look up James Biden and his business dealings.
                        Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.

Comment

Look up James Biden and his business dealings.
                          Why try to deflect the topic like that?

And; I have never voiced any support for anyone named Biden here.

Comment

Why try to deflect the topic like that?

And; I have never voiced any support for anyone named Biden here.
                            No deflection, they are all connected by dirty dealings.

Comment

No deflection, they are all connected by dirty dealings.
                              So? Unless weu can take them all down at the same time we had better do nothing at all?
                              I think that taking them down one at a time is better than nothing, and if an example is made of this one, the others might back off and start being a little less destructive,

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X