The Bathroom Chronicles...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Bathroom Chronicles...

Absolutely Incredible. Both Rand Paul and Trump seem to be fixated on bathroom plumbing. And then Trump rambled on about light bulbs...

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/07/polit...ntl/index.html
    President Donald Trump on Friday had a lot to say about toilets, sinks and showers.

The President claimed Americans are flushing their toilets "10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once" and argued that they are having difficulty with washing their hands in what appeared to be a tangent about low-flow sinks and toilets.

"We have a situation where we're looking very strongly at sinks and showers and other elements of bathrooms where you turn the faucet on -- and in areas where there's tremendous amounts of water, where the water rushes out to sea because you could never handle it, and you don't get any water," the President said during a roundtable with small business leaders about deregulatory actions.

"You turn on the faucet and you don't get any water. They take a shower and water comes dripping out. Just dripping out, very quietly dripping out," the President continued, lowering his voice as he spoke about the drips. "People are flushing toilets 10 times, 15 times, as opposed to once."

It wasn't entirely clear what he was talking about but it appeared to have to do with bathroom fixtures with low-flow appliances. He said the Environmental Protection Agency was looking into the issue on his suggestion.
    "They end up using more water. So (the) EPA is looking at that very strongly at my suggestion," Trump said, though he did not give details on what suggestions, if any, he made. Video of the President's comments has been viewed more than a million times online.
    Trump, speaking in the Roosevelt Room of the White House amid an impeachment inquiry, then turned his attention to Americans attempting to wash their hands.
    "You go into a new building or a new house or a new home and they have standards only you don't get water. You can't wash your hands practically, there's so little water comes out of the faucet. And the end result is you leave the faucet on and it takes you much longer to wash your hands," Trump said.
    He went on: "There may be some areas where we'll go the other route -- desert areas -- but for the most part you have many states where they have so much water -- it comes down, it's called rain. They don't know what to do with it," to laughs from around the table. "So we're going to be looking at opening up that I believe. And we're looking at changing the standards very soon."

We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

My toilet and showers work just fine. Not sure what his issue is.
    "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
    - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
      Absolutely Incredible. Both Rand Paul and Trump seem to be fixated on bathroom plumbing. And then Trump rambled on about light bulbs...
      Aside of who cares, except the Trump Haters like you, do you have to deal with such poorly designed energy and water saving appliances in your home or apartment?

1. the toilet. It requires much more water to flush down a dump then anything else. Or sure, on a better designed one, it will go down, then it will sit somewhere in the pipe instead of reaching the main service line on the street. Let that build up and you will have to call the sewer cleaner to unclog the service line connecting the toilet. That can be very messy, thanks to back up raw sewage, and expensive, if it happens on a weekend and the clean out tap is in such a location that they can't get at it with their power auger. (Or have to use two cables to reach where my sewer line was clogged last year.) If the home consumer toilet had the dual flush capability, that will be a lot more efficient then having to flush several times in one visit.

2. The sink. Filling a bucket for cleaning would go so much faster if you didn't have to wait over a minute for each gallon of water required thanks to the mandated low flow devices installed in faucets.

3. I never could understand why local zoning laws required 3/4 inch water lines to the bathroom, utility, and kitchen when all the faucets have been flow restricted by law to under 2 gallons a minutes. Maybe, the homeowner shouldn't be turning them all one at once.

4. With the exception where water is in short supply due to a drought or other issues, let the market decide, cost per 1,000 gallons used plus the 150% sewage bill that most places tack on, if someone should be conserving their water usage or not.

5. those spiral bulbs. What a disaster those were, made in China, annoying buzzing, funny light output that brown tinted indoor photography from them, warmup time, mercury laden devices that could be a fire hazards when the electronics inside them went up in smoke. Break one of those and you are dealing with an EPA hazardous cleanup cost.

Now, we have the flickering, limited to the equivalent of a 60 watt bulb, expensive LED. Given a couple of more years, if the free market is allowed to develop them, they will get much better in light output and lower cost.
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John

TRUMP
        His 'presentation' on the subject was both ignorant and very odd.
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

I agree with the President. I always wondered why the flow of water coming out of my new sinks was so slow. Very wimpy. Years ago, when I flushed my old toilet the flow of water was like Niagara Falls, and sounded like a jet engine. I liked it. One flush was all you needed. It's like everything else. Black and Decker tools have plastic, Basic hamburgers at McDonald's are nothing, smaller cereal boxes that cost more, crappy prizes in Cracker Jack boxes, now I'm getting in a bad mood.
          "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

Aside of who cares, except the Trump Haters like you, do you have to deal with such poorly designed energy and water saving appliances in your home or apartment?

1. the toilet. It requires much more water to flush down a dump then anything else. Or sure, on a better designed one, it will go down, then it will sit somewhere in the pipe instead of reaching the main service line on the street. Let that build up and you will have to call the sewer cleaner to unclog the service line connecting the toilet. That can be very messy, thanks to back up raw sewage, and expensive, if it happens on a weekend and the clean out tap is in such a location that they can't get at it with their power auger. (Or have to use two cables to reach where my sewer line was clogged last year.) If the home consumer toilet had the dual flush capability, that will be a lot more efficient then having to flush several times in one visit.
            You can still buy the old type toilets in Mexico and there's nothing that Customs will do to you for importing several for your own use....

2. The sink. Filling a bucket for cleaning would go so much faster if you didn't have to wait over a minute for each gallon of water required thanks to the mandated low flow devices installed in faucets.

3. I never could understand why local zoning laws required 3/4 inch water lines to the bathroom, utility, and kitchen when all the faucets have been flow restricted by law to under 2 gallons a minutes. Maybe, the homeowner shouldn't be turning them all one at once.
            Supply line size is determined by a formula using WFSU (Water Fixture Service Units) along with the water pressure at the street or building. As for flow restrictions, most devices, like shower heads and faucets are easily taken apart, the flow restrictor removed, and problem solved. Did that when I remodeled my bathrooms... Screw the government and their stupid rules.

5. those spiral bulbs. What a disaster those were, made in China, annoying buzzing, funny light output that brown tinted indoor photography from them, warmup time, mercury laden devices that could be a fire hazards when the electronics inside them went up in smoke. Break one of those and you are dealing with an EPA hazardous cleanup cost.

Now, we have the flickering, limited to the equivalent of a 60 watt bulb, expensive LED. Given a couple of more years, if the free market is allowed to develop them, they will get much better in light output and lower cost.
            The LEDs are far better than compact fluorescents. You can always buy "Edison" bulbs or other designer bulbs that don't fall under the prevailing rules to get around them too. If you are using CFL's this style is better:

But, you can still get incandescent lightbulbs in Mexico too... Customs doesn't care if you bring them back...

Comment

A series of posts were removed.
              Don't like the topic, don't post in it.
              Post spam/garbage and it will be removed.
              Thanks
              ACG Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                Absolutely Incredible. Both Rand Paul and Trump seem to be fixated on bathroom plumbing. And then Trump rambled on about light bulbs..
                And he happens to be right on both counts!
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

3itg5t.jpg

Comment

And how many people's skin turns orange with the subject light bulbs?

Only one that I know of and he (Trump) wears orange makeup according to a former maid. Why does he do that?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                    X