No announcement yet.

Pentagon sent more troops in the Middle East this year and plans for increase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pentagon sent more troops in the Middle East this year and plans for increase

From WSJ

https://www.wsj.com/articles/top-pen...d=hp_lead_pos6

A top Pentagon official told senators that U.S. military officials are considering bolstering the U.S. force presence in the Middle East to counter threats from Iran following a significant buildup throughout the year.

John Rood, the undersecretary of defense for policy, told the Senate Armed Services Committee on Thursday that the Pentagon had sent 14,000 additional troops this year and was considering additional forces, but wouldn’t say how many...

I thought that we actually brought or planned to bring troops home.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

And here is a link for those who do not have a WSJ subscription, so that they can read the whole article

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/pe...=mw_latestnews

By the way, I just noticed this in the new link :

Reverses earlier statement in Senate testimony that Wall Street Journal report was wrong
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

I know this is just a thread just to bait Trump supporters into trying to condemn him for increasing military forces in the Middle East region due to Iran military aggression but more news about the situation over there is that Iran has been stockpiling missiles and troops in Iraq so that they can reach US forces and Israel

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/04/polit...ast/index.html

This is starting to escalate

Comment

Originally posted by Snowshoveler View Post
        I know this is just a thread just to bait Trump supporters into condemning him for increasing military forces in the Middle East region but more news about the situation over there is that Iran has been stockpiling missiles in Iraq so that they can reach US forces and Israel.

And why are not they clear about it?

Let the citizens know what is happening and the reasons behind such increase instead of doing it in secrecy and even denying the fact in front of a Senate Committee after it was reported by the WSJ. Not to mention that the whole idea of deterring Iran is based on a public show of force and not on some secret sending of troops there. Ohh, and it would not harm either if there is also evidence of this Iranian missile force in Iraq.

Iran has already missiles capable of hitting Israel and Saudi Arabia from Iran. And I doubt that they plan to start a full-scale war with everything they can throw towards those countries. Not to mention, that we should also debate why we should be there instead of selling both countries some countermeasures and let them handle the case.

https://missilethreat.csis.org/country/iran/

IranMissiles_update_09.jpg?zoom=2&resize=1024%2C698.jpg
        Last edited by pamak; 05 Dec 19, 19:49.

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

And why are not they clear about it?

Let the citizens know what is happening and the reasons behind such increase instead of doing it in secrecy and even denying the fact in front of a Senate Committee after it was reported by the WSJ. Not to mention that the whole idea of deterring Iran is based on a public show of force and not on some secret sending of troops there. Ohh, and it would not harm either if there is also evidence of this Iranian missile force in Iraq. Iran has already missiles capable of hitting Israel and Saudi Arabia from Iran. And I doubt that they plan to start a full-scale war with everything they can throw towards those countries. Not to mention, that we should also debate why we should be there instead of selling both countries some countermeasures and let them handle the case.

https://missilethreat.csis.org/country/iran/

They can attack more targets when their shorter range missiles are in better range which means that another attack by them could be imminent.
          They want to convince the US that they don’t want to give in to the pressure of sanctions and push the US as far as they think they can
          Last edited by Snowshoveler; 05 Dec 19, 20:00.

Comment

They can attack more targets when their shorter range missiles are in better range.
            I understand that which is why I said "And I doubt that they plan to start a full-scale war with everything they can throw towards those countries."

And let me add that Iraq also would not just stay passive letting another country use its territory to launch missile attacks against Israel or SA. So, having Iran using Iraq's space in order to launch more missiles does not make much sense when such action will put Iran against the US, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Israel.

Comment

I understand that which is why I said "And I doubt that they plan to start a full-scale war with everything they can throw towards those countries."
              I added more to my post after you replied it can mean different things with what Iran is doing now

Comment

I saw it and I do not see how such action still justifies sending more US troops there. One can think of many scenarios: For example, if there are missiles of Iranian origin there, this may be more related to an arms deal of Iran with Iraq Kurds which is meant to address mainly an Iraqi threat against the Kurds. Right now, Iraq seems to enter an unstable phase at least comparatively to the recent past since Iraq did not have a real stable phase in the last two or so decades.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKBN1WN21O

Comment

I know this is just a thread just to bait Trump supporters into trying to condemn him for increasing military forces in the Middle East region due to Iran military aggression but more news about the situation over there is that Iran has been stockpiling missiles and troops in Iraq so that they can reach US forces and Israel

This is starting to escalate
                  It's starting to escalate when Obama gave them billions and bowed and apologized, instead of actually doing something about Iran. The only successful containment is to encourage Israel to nuke Iran, since he are the only nation with the balls to do actually act conclusively.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

I saw it and I do not see how such action still justifies sending more US troops there. One can think of many scenarios: For example, if there are missiles of Iranian origin there, this may be more related to an arms deal of Iran with Iraq Kurds which is meant to address mainly an Iraqi threat against the Kurds. Right now, Iraq seems to enter an unstable phase at least comparatively to the recent past since Iraq did not have a real stable phase in the last two or so decades.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKBN1WN21O
                    Reuters, the media that faked those photos of dead kids when the war started. Might as well use Fox News.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

And let me add that Iraq also would not just stay passive letting another country use its territory to launch missile attacks against Israel or SA. So, having Iran using Iraq's space in order to launch more missiles does not make much sense when such action will put Iran against the US, Saudi Arabia, Iraq and Israel.
                      Of course Iraq would remain passive, as Iraq can't do anything . There is no longer an Iraqi state.Irainan missiles are in Iraq since several years, and every one knows why .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Of course Iraq would remain passive, as Iraq can't do anything . There is no longer an Iraqi state.Irainan missiles are in Iraq since several years, and every one knows why .
                        It is one thing to have missiles of Iranian origin staying idle in Iran for whatever reason, and it is a different thing when those missiles use the country to stage an attack against 2 regional superpowers and one world superpower. Iraq may have to tolerate the former since the Kurdish area in Iraq is not under the control of the central government but Iraq cannot that easy ignore the latter. If such case, the Iraqis will have to pick sides. And considering that the US and Saudi forces will be on their side, they will choose to side with them.

Comment

The Iranian missiles in Iraq are not used, they will be used on Der Tag,the day which is not far away when Iran will attack KSA ,Israel and Europe : WWIII .The Iranian ayatollas have said publicly that WWIII will result in the return of the Mahdi .

Source : the Second Islamic Revolution and the return of Mahdi .
                          Last edited by ljadw; 07 Dec 19, 14:28.

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                            The Iranian missiles in Iraq are not used, they will be used on Der Tag,the day which is not far away when Iran will attack KSA ,Israel and Europe : WWIII .The Iranian ayatollas have said publicly that WWIII will result in the return of the Mahdi .

Source : the Second Islamic Revolution and the return of Mahdi .
                            And I said, that if tis s the case, then Iraq will join KSA, Europe and Israel against Iran. So, you expect Iran to start a war against half of the world, including Iraq which is an irrational objective for the Iranian leaders. And these leaders, you like it or not, do not seem to act based on irrationality.

Comment

What is irrationality for you is not irrationality for Muslims .

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X