X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pelosi Loses Control

This is the left's leader.....

The video says it all....

"As a Catholic, I resent your using the word hate in a sentence that addresses me. I don't hate anyone. I was raised in a way that is a heart full of love and always pray for the president. And I still pray for the president. And I pray for the president all the time, so don't mess with me when it comes to words like that," she said.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pel...-with-me-rosen
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Definitely damaged goods, and a pathological liar as well.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

"As a Catholic, I resent your using the word hate in a sentence that addresses me. I don't hate anyone. I was raised in a way that is a heart full of love and always pray for the president. And I still pray for the president. And I pray for the president all the time, so don't mess with me when it comes to words like that," she said.

As a Catholic I am offended by her use of a religion as a shield, When. she clearly disdains it.
      She is entitled to her personal beliefs, but her efforts to claim that support for abortion is consistent with the moral teachings of the church shows how little she actually cares for or understands the religion she pretends to.
      She shouldn’t try to use Catholicism as a shield against criticism.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Typical. Fox News did not show the question from James Rosen (who left Fox News in 2017 amid charges of sexual harassment) that sparked Pelosi's response. And her response was completely justified.

That is a typical accusation from the right wing that those who do not agree with Trump and/or do not support him hate him. That is not a logical conclusion, but merely an accusatory one after making an assumption that cannot be supported.

That is the same tactic that has been used by Trump supporters on this forum.

And the pathological liar in all of this is Trump, and that has been documented. Judging people by (1) not agreeing with Trump, (2) being disgusted with Trump and his machinations, and (3) not fawning all over him like some of the posters here do is not only illogical but pathological.

How can anyone support a serial liar, a fraud, a corrupt businessman, and an inept president who does nothing unless it will benefit him and not the country is beyond me. The corruption of the Trump administration will come to haunt the United States for years to come.

And some of you support this idiot. Well done.
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Definitely damaged goods, and a pathological liar as well.
          That's an excellent description of Trump and his family.
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

This one is more complete. And she looks in control of herself here:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/05/polit...-me/index.html

Why do you misrepresent what actually happened by showing a shortened video? Seems to me that you're making a habit of it. That is Trump-like (and that is not a compliment).

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols

The video has the question being asked at the very beginning.
              No, it doesn't. The video begins with Pelosi answering Rosen and Rosen is not shown asking the question. You're misrepresented the situation using a video from Fox News that shows it that way.

Guess again.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

This one is more complete. And she looks in control of herself here:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/12/05/polit...-me/index.html

Why do you misrepresent what actually happened by showing a shortened video? Seems to me that you're making a habit of it. That is Trump-like (and that is not a compliment).
                That shows what the Fox video showed but from a different angle. As a person from the far left, that may seem lime "she is control of herself" but from a nonpartisan perspective......she lost control and couldn't articulate what she wanted to say.

Claiming to be a Catholic is a good example with how out of touch she is.
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

As a Catholic I am offended by her use of a religion as a shield, When. she clearly disdains it.
                  She is entitled to her personal beliefs, but her efforts to claim that support for abortion is consistent with the moral teachings of the church shows how little she actually cares for or understands the religion she pretends to.
                  She shouldn’t try to use Catholicism as a shield against criticism.
                  We've been through this discussion before, and at the risk of being called a 'cafeteria catholic', or 'pro abortion' or whatever the "snipe du jour' for today is, Pelosi is defending the Liberties provided in the US Constitution.

We don't live in a Catholic Theocracy.
                  The reality in both Canada and the United States is that a significant number of women believe that they have the right to abortion on demand.

What a catholic can do is take measures to ensure that abortions are minimized.

Judge, would you support free , easy access birth control? Its much more moral than aborting....
                  The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Yes it does, it muffled butas I clearly stated and you selectively didn't quote.....it is in the article.

Seriously, even with your hate of Trump and republicans.....are you going to continue to defend Pelosi and the dems attack on the Constitution?
                    We'v also been through this before.
                    a baptized Catholic is a Catholic. Possibility a poor, or casual, or non observing, or even an excommunicated
                    catholic- but still a Catholic..

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

We've been through this discussion before, and at the risk of being called a 'cafeteria catholic', or 'pro abortion' or whatever the "snipe du jour' for today is, Pelosi is defending the Liberties provided in the US Constitution.

The reality in both Canada and the United States is that a significant number of women believe that they have the right to abortion on demand.

Judge, would you support free , easy access birth control? Its much more moral than aborting....
                      I agree her religion and her politics are different.
                      I support her right to believe whatever she wants.

However, her use of her being a catholic is offensive. I've always found her efforts to use her (mine too) religion as a shield.
                      She even tried to claim her abortion beliefs were consistent with catholic beliefs. That earned her a rebuke from actual catholic bishops.
                      So she is deeply religious except when it is inconsistent with what she wants to do.
                      I find that kind of hypocrisy offensive.
                      I'm catholic, but am a lazy and lousy one.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

That I can agree with. And, yes, her beliefs are inconsistent with the Church's teachings.
                        we aren't that far removed from the times when Catholics were 'considered unfit to hold office', based on the theory that they had a divided loyalty- to the Vatican- or to America- or to' the Crown and Empire'- in my case...

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

I will add. that my religious beliefs or practices have no bearing on anything I might order.
                          Whether I would support or not support something is never relevant.
                          I don't make the rules.
                          I just try to follow them.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

That's an excellent description of Trump and his family.
                            His family too?

Why would you even say that?

I thought this thread was about Pelosi, but the thread about trump turned into one about Pelosi. I hope you guys aren't like this when you are driving.

Comment

Yes it does, it muffled butas I clearly stated and you selectively didn't quote.....it is in the article.

Seriously, even with your hate of Trump and republicans.....are you going to continue to defend Pelosi and the dems attack on the Constitution?
                              Another false accusation of 'hate.' Sorry, but I don't hate anyone and I've stated that before. If you can't handle that, then I do feel very sorry for you.

The people on this forum who demonstrate hate are those that support Trump with their false accusations and other nonsense. It seems to me that Republicans, especially those in the House are angry and hateful all the time.

Have you ever thought of running for Congress on a Republican ticket? You'd fit right in with the other right wing fanatics such as Gaetz, Jordan, Meadows, et al.

By the way, please explain how Pelosi, et al are attacking the Constitution? Seems to me you don't know too much about that document or what it stands for.

I never thought much of Pelosi until you and others here continually attacked her and defended Trump no matter what he does.
                              Why do you defend someone who is pro-Russsia and Putin-the enemies of the US?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X