X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
    I agree that we should be doing something and, to Trump’s credit, he is talking about declaring the cartels terrorist organizations.
    But we cannot use our army in Mexico without leave of the Mexican government.
    Sure we can! We did it in 1845 and again in 1915. We don't need no stinkin' badges to do it either.

Leave a comment:

• Cambronnne
    replied
    I agree that we should be doing something and, to Trump’s credit, he is talking about declaring the cartels terrorist organizations.
    But we cannot use our army in Mexico without leave of the Mexican government.
    And, given the extent of the corruption in the Mexican government (or fear of the cartels) it is doubtful it will ever agree to let us attack the cartels.

The Mexican army seems to be overmatched by the cartel troops.

Last Thursday in the city of Culiacan, the capital of Sinaloa state, a battle eruptedbetween government forces and drug cartel gunmen after the Mexican military captured two sons of jailed drug kingpin Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman. The elder son, Ivan, was quickly freed by his men, who overpowered government forces and secured his release. Ivan then launched an all-out siege of the entire city in an effort to free his younger brother, Ovidio.
    The eight-hour battle ended when government forces, outgunned and surrounded, without reinforcements or a way to retreat, received an order directly from Mexican President Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador to release their prisoner and surrender.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/10/21...ary-in-battle/

Leave a comment:

• Phaing
    started a topic Mormons in Mexico

Mormons in Mexico

It seems that everyone is doing their best to forget the three mothers and their six children who were butchered in Mexico a few weeks ago.
    Shame.

I have not, and I dug this up.

it is from eight years ago, and it probably would not have been made if not for the 2012 elections, but it is amazing how it shows what has been going on down there.
    It is only getting worse.
    I know the trend is getting out of international responsibilities but.... isn't this a little too close to home?
    Isn't it time to DO something about this?

Mexico has an army, and so do we. Aren't we allies?

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X