The Republican Surrender

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jutland View Post

You're right..... He also said the neo-Nazis were very fine people too.
    No he didn't, please show us where he did?
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Are you confusing policies with laws? There is a difference. For example, the immigration 'policies' of the Trump administration, penned by Stephen Miller, are definitely racist as they are aimed at 'brown people' who want to emigrate to the United States.

Then we have Trump's comments at Charlottesville...

And then the Trump pronouncement that he is a 'nationalist'...

So the actual enforcement of existing immigration law is racist?
      What about when Obama bragged of enforcing those same racist laws?
      By the way, the existing immigration laws you claims are racist, weren't passed under trump.

Could you please identify the law that identifies "brown people"?
      We both know you can't. Your subjective belief that it is aimed at brown people doesn't make it true.

So, when a president says something, it becomes the equivalent of a law or policy? Like when BO would comment about white people?
      https://www.politico.com/blogs/ben-s...ophobia-007737

So please identify those actual racist laws or policies that the racist party has implemented.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        My question is What's wrong with being a "Nationalist?" I'd think that being an "Internationalist" is far, far worse since a one-world government, the logical conclusion of internationalism, would result in a draconian and oppressive dictatorship.
        The left has decided that being a nationalist means you're racist.
        No further facts or logic are necessary.
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

The left has decided that being a nationalist means you're racist.
          No further facts or logic are necessary.
          I am a Nationalist, and not a racist, never been one, was brought up never to be one!
          Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
            My question is What's wrong with being a "Nationalist?"
            Nationalists tend to join the national army and fight other nationalists and their army.

Twice in recent memory (and many times before that) they all came to fight and die on my private property, some are still buried here, that's highly undesirable.

If you love your country so much, stay home, write a sonnet about it or something,

no need at all to bother others with it
            Last edited by Snowygerry; 29 Nov 19, 03:36.
            Major Atticus Finch - ACW Rainbow Game.

Bolgios - Mercenary Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

No he didn't, please show us where he did?
              Yes he did.

The Unite Right Rally was organised and headlined by very prominent white supremacists, Nazi and KKK imagery was not the exemption it was the norm. The Jim Crow era monument was incidental.

When Trump made his 'very fine people' comment he was commenting about the rally held on the Friday night.... That was the one were charming chants such as 'Jews will not replace us', and 'blood and soil' featured quite prominently.

Comment

Trump is clearly a white nationalist nativist US politician. He might however be sufficiently confused to not actually himself know this. So he might be perfectly honest and in good faith when denying anything of the sort. It's an id-thing. Also good for the aspects of his policies his supporters like but think sound bad if actually put a name on, so "Newspeak" is resorted to. Nothing is true, everything is possible.

Comment

And here is a link to the rally that night.

A fun game can be had by counting all the Nazi slogans you can hear (l guess all the very fine people had left in disgust at that point).....

Comment

A collection of personal comments from a collection of posters who should know better by now were removed
                    Repeat behaviour will result in time off. Again for some of you
                    ACG Staff

Comment

Originally posted by Jutland View Post

Yes he did.

The Unite Right Rally was organised and headlined by very prominent white supremacists, Nazi and KKK imagery was not the exemption it was the norm. The Jim Crow era monument was incidental.

When Trump made his 'very fine people' comment he was commenting about the rally held on the Friday night.... That was the one were charming chants such as 'Jews will not replace us', and 'blood and soil' featured quite prominently.
                      Which means he would have also been claiming that Antifa were very fine people. Do you honestly think he would do that?
                      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedy. -- Ernest Benn

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

I am a Nationalist, and not a racist, never been one, was brought up never to be one!

A nationalist is most probably a patriot on steroids. In many cases that can be construed as fanaticism or an ideologue, neither of which are good things.
                        We are not now that strength which in old days
                        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Tsar View Post

Which means he would have also been claiming that Antifa were very fine people. Do you honestly think he would do that?
                          I don't give two shits about what he said about Antifa.

​​​​He said people waving torches and shouting nazi slogans were fine people, at that point he is wrong.

Also after seeing that video your first reaction is 'but but Antifa....'
                          Last edited by Jutland; 29 Nov 19, 07:28.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                            A nationalist is most probably a patriot on steroids.
                            A nationalist is a patriot outside his own country.

A patriot defends his own land, a nationalist invades other's lands.

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

A nationalist is a patriot outside his own country.

A patriot defends his own land, a nationalist invades other's lands.
                              To complicate things, originally historically, nationalists very often were from countries they did not yet have, but some other political entity was in control of.

Comment

Originally posted by Johan Banér View Post
                                To complicate things, originally historically, nationalists very often were from countries they did not yet have, but some other political entity was in control of.
                                Well, "nationalists" are tied to the nation state of course, and for the longest time, "nation states" simply did not exist, the French invented it - I think.

But let's not complicate things, just before the weekend

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X