Devin Nunes Met with Ex-Ukrainian Official to get dirt on Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post

Yeah! After he realised/was told it was a prank. Why was he so interested in the call initially? How did the call get through to him in the first place? All calls to him are vetted before he takes them.
    You make claims without evidence. And you know that before one gets contact with the chairman or any high level official of any organization, he goes through the hierarchy, secretaries and assistants informing them about the reason he wants to talk with the boss. Do you really think that any person can just pick up the phone call and connect with the chairman just because he is in a mood to talk to him? Or do you think that the republicans were aware of that phone call and told the chairman that the phone call was a prank? Your theory does not add up when you claim that Schiff was trying to get dirt for Trump behind their back...
    Last edited by pamak; 24 Nov 19, 18:06.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

You make claims without evidence. And you know that before one gets contact with the chairman or any high level official of any organization, he goes through the hierarchy, secretaries and assistants informing them about the reason he wants to talk with the boss. Do you really think that any person can just pick up the phone call and connect with the chairman just because he is in a mood to talk to him? Or do you think that the republicans were aware of that phone call and told the chairman that the phone call was a prank? Your theory does not add up when you claim that Schiff was trying to get dirt for Trump behind their back...
      And You know all this. how?
      Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post
        Yes, the prosecutor was supposedly corrupt. But Biden could have targeted any corrupt prosecutor. He chose the one that was investigated his son. and he tied political aid to firing the proesefutor. It should be investigated.

Actually Obama and the rest of the western world (not Biden) targeted the TOP prosecutor which is very reasonable and which was not controversial at the time. It became controversial only while the 2020 election was approaching. And no the prosecutor at the time was not investigating Hunter or Burisma.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prosec...ral_of_Ukraine

The Prosecutor General of Ukraine (also Attorney General of Ukraine, Ukrainian: Генеральний прокурор України) heads the system of official prosecution in courts known as the Office of the Prosecutor General of Ukraine (Ukrainian: Генеральна прокуратура України). The term of authority of the Prosecutor is six years.[3] She or he is appointed and dismissed by the president with parliamentary consent.[
        13 February 11, 2015[15] — March 29, 2016[16](2) Viktor Shokin
        In 1952 ,Nixon ( candidate VP ) got in troubles because his wife had accepted presents from an industrialist ,although se also was a private person .
        In 1984 Hatfield ( R Oregon ) got in troubles because his wife ( a private person ) had accepted $ 55000 from a Greek arms dealer who was lobbying a senate committee,of which Hartfield was chairman,for subsidies for a pipeline (cost $ 6 billion) .
        30 years later,an other private person (sarcasm ) Hunter received not $ 55000, but each month $ 80000 from an Ukrainian gaz company.which was investigated /persecuted,not because it was corrupt ( if this was the reason, there would be no place in Ukrainian prisons) but because of political reasons ( it had backed the wrong party )by the corrupt president of Ukraine ( Poroschenko ) .
        Why did the wife of Hatfield receive $ 55000? Simply ,because it was thought that this would make it easier to have the money from the Senate Committee .
        Why did Hunter,who never visited Ukraine, receive his millions ? Simply because it was thought by the Burisma owners that this would facilitate an intervention from Biden to save Burisma .
        The money for the wife of Hatfield was in reality for the senator, the money for Hunter was for Joe : Joe did the job and saved Burisma. Not Hunter, an alcoholic and drug addict who did not know the difference between gas and fuel .
        Besides, Burisma never did business in the USA .
        Last point : it is not correct to say that Burisma was not investigated : the investigations against Burisma stopped only in 2017 ,when it paid an additional $ 7.5 million on ''taxes '' ( better : bribe money to Poroschenko whose opinion was that if Burisma was willing to pay bribe money to the Bidens, he also had right on bribe money ) .
        Last edited by ljadw; 25 Nov 19, 04:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

And You know all this. how?
          From the hearing in which we heard Nunes say certain things about what Schiff did and Schiff responding back without Nunes challenging the response
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

In 1952 ,Nixon ( candidate VP ) got in troubles because his wife had accepted presents from an industrialist ,although se also was a private person .
            In 1984 Hatfield ( R Oregon ) got in troubles because his wife ( a private person ) had accepted $ 55000 from a Greek arms dealer who was lobbying a senate committee,of which Hartfield was chairman,for subsidies for a pipeline (cost $ 6 billion) .
            30 years later,an other private person (sarcasm ) Hunter received not $ 55000, but each month $ 80000 from an Ukrainian gaz company.which was investigated /persecuted,not because it was corrupt ( if this was the reason, there would be no place in Ukrainian prisons) but because of political reasons ( it had backed the wrong party )by the corrupt president of Ukraine ( Poroschenko ) .
            Why did the wife of Hatfield receive $ 55000? Simply ,because it was thought that this would make it easier to have the money from the Senate Committee .
            Why did Hunter,who never visited Ukraine, receive his millions ? Simply because it was thought by the Burisma owners that this would facilitate an intervention from Biden to save Burisma .
            The money for the wife of Hatfield was in reality for the senator, the money for Hunter was for Joe : Joe did the job and saved Burisma. Not Hunter, an alcoholic and drug addict who did not know the difference between gas and fuel .
            Besides, Burisma never did business in the USA .
            Last point : it is not correct to say that Burisma was not investigated : the investigations against Burisma stopped only in 2017 ,when it paid an additional $ 7.5 million on ''taxes '' ( better : bribe money to Poroschenko whose opinion was that if Burisma was willing to pay bribe money to the Bidens, he also had right on bribe money ) .
            Burisma did business in Europe and Mexico and Hunter is a lawyer who has experience in international business which is the reason also why people talk about his investments in China. Also Burisma has invested in the US...

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/d...144694_10k.htm

U.S. SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
            Washington, D.C. 20549

SUNRISE ENERGY RESOURCES, INC.
            (Name of Registrant as specified in its charter)
            Delaware 84-0938688
            (State or other jurisdiction of (I.R.S. Employer
            incorporation or organization) Identification Number)
            570 7th Avenue
            New York, New York 10018
            (Address of principal executive office)

ITEM 11. SECURITY OWNERSHIP OF CERTAIN BENEFICIAL OWNERS AND MANAGEMENT
            ame Of Beneficial Owner Title
            of Class
            Number
            of Shares
            Percent of
            Class
            Burisma Holdings Limited Common 16,355,767 (1) 69.47 %
            17 GR XENOPOLOU STREET
            LIMASSOL
            Cyprus

And Burisma at the time when Biden was pressuring for the ousting of chief prosecutor was not investigated. W The rest of the post is just irrelevant to what we discuss.
            Last edited by pamak; 25 Nov 19, 14:28.

Comment

Nunes was asked about this 'issue' on Fox and he didn't admit it, but he didn't deny it either. He's part of the Trump Cult and kisses the ring of 'fearless leader.'
              We are not now that strength which in old days
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Burisma did business in Europe and Hunter is a lawyer who has experience in international business which is the reason also why people talk about his investments in China. And Burisma at the time when Biden was pressuring for the ousting of chief prosecutor was not investigated. W The rest of the post is just irrelevant to what we discuss.
                Burisma was immediately investigated after Euromaiden, when his owner fled to Russia.
                And if Hartfield got problems because his wife received 55000 because she was his wife , it is obvious that Biden got problems because his son received millions because he was his son .
                Hiden was not paid for his intelligence but because his father was vicepresident .If Hunter was a private person, so was the wife of Hartfield .And both received money ONLY because of their familial ties to powerful persons .
                Hunter was a loser : a drug addict, alcoholic,sex maniac . He was fired from the navy because he took drugs . No one gives money to such a person, unless he has a powerful father and one needs the aid of the powerful father .

Comment

I refer you to my last!
                  ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                  All human ills he can subdue,
                  Or with a bauble or medal
                  Can win mans heart for you;
                  And many a blessing know to stew
                  To make a megloamaniac bright;
                  Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                  The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Burisma was immediately investigated after Euromaiden, when his owner fled to Russia.
                    And if Hartfield got problems because his wife received 55000 because she was his wife , it is obvious that Biden got problems because his son received millions because he was his son .
                    Hiden was not paid for his intelligence but because his father was vicepresident .If Hunter was a private person, so was the wife of Hartfield .And both received money ONLY because of their familial ties to powerful persons .
                    Hunter was a loser : a drug addict, alcoholic,sex maniac . He was fired from the navy because he took drugs . No one gives money to such a person, unless he has a powerful father and one needs the aid of the powerful father .
                    That was before Biden and the owner had different legal team to defend him. And sorry but if Ivanka and the rest of Trump's family receive millions from the deals they craft with foreigners while Trump is president you have no case. You make unsubstantiated claims since I showed you that Burisma had business in Europe and Mexico and that it had invested in US companies also as I showed with the U.S> Security and Exchange Commission report. Hunter is also a lawyer who was in charge of the legal affairs in Burisma. But even if Hunter was paid because he has connection to the government as a result of his relationship to his father, this still does not make him different from all those former politicians who are hired to seat in different boards because the companies try to sue their contacts to get access to the government. So, selective outrage about how the current US capitalist system works is not going to cut it.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                      Nunes was asked about this 'issue' on Fox and he didn't admit it, but he didn't deny it either. He's part of the Trump Cult and kisses the ring of 'fearless leader.'
                      There's 'kissing the ring' and then there's getting one's tongue stuck right up the ring of 'Schitf'.
                      ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                      All human ills he can subdue,
                      Or with a bauble or medal
                      Can win mans heart for you;
                      And many a blessing know to stew
                      To make a megloamaniac bright;
                      Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                      The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

That was before Biden and the owner had different legal team to defend him. And sorry but if Ivanka and the rest of Trump's family receive millions from the deals they craft with foreigners while Trump is president you have no case. You make unsubstantiated claims since I showed you that Burisma had business in Europe and Mexico and that it had invested in US companies also as I showed with the U.S> Security and Exchange Commission report. Hunter is also a lawyer who was in charge of the legal affairs in Burisma. But even if Hunter was paid because he has connection to the government as a result of his relationship to his father, this still does not make him different from all those former politicians who are hired to seat in different boards because the companies try to sue their contacts to get access to the government. So, selective outrage about how the current US capitalist system works is not going to cut it.
                        The difference is that Trump did not intervene in the business of his children and that his children did not use Air Force One for their business, as did Hunter when he went to China .
                        Hunter was in charge of the illegal affairs of Burisma . There was nothing legal in Burisma .
                        The difference between Hunter and former politicians is that his father was NOT a former politician .

Comment

The difference is that Trump did not intervene in the business of his children and that his children did not use Air Force One for their business, as did Hunter when he went to China .
                          Hunter was in charge of the illegal affairs of Burisma . There was nothing legal in Burisma .
                          The difference between Hunter and former politicians is that his father was NOT a former politician .
                          Ohh really? So, you have evidence that Joe Biden intervened but Trump did not intervene? You just make another unsubstantiated claim. Your logic cannot stand scrutiny when Biden simply followed a policy with which everybody was on board at the time.

Your timing is also wrong because on the one hand you talk about the founder of Burisma who fled after the hiring of Hunter but before the Joe Biden supposedly intervention. Apparently, Hunter was not successful in preventing this event. So much for your consistency theories about what Hunter Biden was trying to do.

Also, as it became known from the testimonies, the corruption in Ukraine included prosecutors extorting companies by using the threat of investigations in order to enrich their pockets. So, investigations especially in Ukraine does not necessary mean that the company did anything wrong.

There is no difference between a former politician (or general) who leaves and gets a position in a board of directors and Hunter Biden. BOTH have links to CURRENT politicians or generals. The difference with Hunter is that his link is based on family relationships while for former politicians or generals the link is based on their careers. But both are hired because they can open doors to meetings with current politicians!

And here is one case of Mattis who had a seat in a biotechnology company (which is completely unrelated to Matti's background) and whose founder has been indicted with fraud

https://www.businessinsider.com/ther...-mattis-2019-3

How Elizabeth Holmes convinced powerful men like Henry Kissinger, James Mattis, and George Shultz to sit on the board of now disgraced blood-testing startup Theranos

...Theranos has since shut down, with Holmes and Sunny Balwani, the company's former president, facing criminal charges of wire fraud.

The only reason Theranos had Mattis in its board of Directors was because the founders wanted to increase the prestige of the company which could open more doors and opportunities for contracts with the US government and Pentagon.

When we start criminal investigations from every such case, then come back to remind us that Hunter should be included. Until then, your selective outrage of how the capitalist system works is just hypocritical. It is just that all the partisan hacks now remember Hunter and "suspect" that he did something wrong. At the time, nobody cared about him even while Biden was carrying Obama's policy to pressure Ukraine to fire its chief prosecutor at the time.

Comment

And you have sources that demonstrate this?
                            We are not now that strength which in old days
                            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

And you have sources that demonstrate this?
                              Not only he did not provide evidence to support his claim, he actually provided evidence that contradicted him.
                              Supposedly, the founder of Burisma hired Hunter to protect himself from the Ukrainian prosecutors but he fled Ukraine. Apparently, if that was his plan it did not work...

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                                What do you mean supposedly corrupt? You're seriously here defending a corrupt regime?
                                Biden could have targeted any corrupt prosecutor? Interesting spin. Wouldn't it make sense to target the biggest and lead corrupt prosecutor running the country? Derped.

The corrupt prosecutor wasn't targeting Burisma. Republicans, Democrats, world allies, organizations, etc all were on the side of Biden withholding aid.

Keep spinning. You don't want to learn any facts about the conspiracy theory.

At least you admit Trump withheld aid (without anyone knowing) so he could get political dirt on an American citizen.
                                At least you admit that Biden committed a quid pro quo. I shouldn't even use the word "comitted," since politicians do it all the time. It never should have been an issue in Trump's case. There's not even evidence that Trump did a quid pro quo. The whole thing started as a rumor, which has been debunked, and no evidence has surfaced in the impeachment inquiry.

I don't know if the Ukranian prosecutor was corrupt. Supposedly he was lax in his investigations, but I don't know the details. Not defending him, just calling it as I see it.

Biden could have targeted any corrupt prosecutor in the world. He coud have targeted corrupt presidents, or whatever titles are given to magistrates across the globe. He chose a prosecutor that was looking into his son's company.

The corrupt prosecutor, assuming he was undoubtedly corrupt, was investigating Burisma. Their was an open investigation into the company, and the investigaor said he was actively pursuing it when he was fired. You can doubt his words, but it's enough to investigate. It's at least enough for Trump to call Zelinsky and ask for information that only the Ukrainians would have access to.

"It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X