Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Devin Nunes Met with Ex-Ukrainian Official to get dirt on Biden

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/22/polit...den/index.html

A lawyer for an indicted associate of Rudy Giuliani tells CNN that his client is willing to tell Congress about meetings the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee had in Vienna last year with a former Ukrainian prosecutor to discuss digging up dirt on Joe Biden.

The attorney, Joseph A. Bondy, represents Lev Parnas, the recently indicted Soviet-born American who worked with Giuliani to push claims of Democratic corruption in Ukraine. Bondy said that Parnas was told directly by the former Ukrainian official that he met last year in Vienna with Rep. Devin Nunes.

"Mr. Parnas learned from former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Victor Shokin that Nunes had met with Shokin in Vienna last December," said Bondy.

Shokin was ousted from his position in 2016 after pressure from Western leaders, including then-vice president Biden, over concerns that Shokin was not pursuing corruption cases.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Originally posted by Massena View Post
    https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/22/polit...den/index.html

A lawyer for an indicted associate of Rudy Giuliani tells CNN that his client is willing to tell Congress about meetings the top Republican on the House Intelligence Committee had in Vienna last year with a former Ukrainian prosecutor to discuss digging up dirt on Joe Biden.

The attorney, Joseph A. Bondy, represents Lev Parnas, the recently indicted Soviet-born American who worked with Giuliani to push claims of Democratic corruption in Ukraine. Bondy said that Parnas was told directly by the former Ukrainian official that he met last year in Vienna with Rep. Devin Nunes.

"Mr. Parnas learned from former Ukrainian Prosecutor General Victor Shokin that Nunes had met with Shokin in Vienna last December," said Bondy.

Shokin was ousted from his position in 2016 after pressure from Western leaders, including then-vice president Biden, over concerns that Shokin was not pursuing corruption cases.
    There needs to be caution because Parnas (who is indicted) mentions what another Ukrainian official told him (Shokin), so this is a case of hearsay by an indicted Ukrainian who talks about what another corrupt Ukrainian said (Shokin)

HOWEVER, the story is interesting because it mentions the following which if it is true it shows that a direct witness can confirm a meeting in which

The group, according to Bondy,  included Giuliani, Parnas, the journalist Solomon, and the married attorneys Joe diGenova and Victoria Toensing. Parnas said that Harvey would occasionally be present as well, and that it was Parnas' understanding that Harvey was Nunes' proxy, Bondy said. 

And that witness is the well know Solomon whose articles about the conspiracy theories related to Ukraine were based on the same shady people.

From the same link,

Solomon confirmed the meetings to CNN but said that calling the group a team was a bit of a mischaracterization. Solomon said that connectivity happened more organically, and that his role was only as a journalist reporting a story. 

and

Bondy says that according to his client, following a brief in-person meeting in late 2018, Parnas and Nunes had at least two more phone conversations, and that Nunes instructed Parnas to work with Harvey on the Ukraine matters.

Needless to say that if Solomon repeats this in Congress and Harvey confirms his association to Nunes, the latter needs to resign. I do not know if it is illegal for the vice chairman of the intelligence committee (actually he was chairman in 2016) to seek such information without informing his peers, but I suspect that there are still implications with the House Ethics committee if it is shown that the vice chairman of an impeachment investigation chose not to reveal his connections to the case and recuse himself.

It is also interesting that there is a claim (not hearsay) that Parnas had telephone calls with Nunes, and I wonder if any of those transcripts have been at the possession of the investigators who indicted Parnas.
    Last edited by pamak; 23 Nov 19, 00:39.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

CNN may backtrack this story due to the lawsuit Nunes just filed.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikki View Post

As long as the story accurately describes Parna's lawyer (Bondy) words that his client is willing to testify and implicate Nunes, CNN has no reason to backtrack this story. If Nunes has a problem with the claim, he should file a lawsuit against Parnas.
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

As long as the story accurately describes Parna's lawyer (Bondy) words that his client is willing to testify and implicate Nunes, CNN has no reason to backtrack this story. If Nunes has a problem with the claim, he should file a lawsuit against Parnas.
          CNN failed to do due diligence before publishing the fake story. Ever hear of investigative journalism?

The Daily Beast is also expected to be sued, no doubt Parnas will be listed as a co-defendant.

Last edited by Nikki; 23 Nov 19, 03:41.

Comment

CNN failed to do due diligence before publishing the fake story. Ever hear of investigative journalism?

The Daily Beast is also expected to be sued, no doubt Parnas will be listed as a co-defendant.

I did not see any sign of what you said.

Again, do you have information that the lawyer of Pranas (identified by his name so he is not an unnamed source) said something different from what CNN alleges that he said?

Did he come forward with a denial of what the CNN article says?

Not to mention that CNN claims that they tried to reach Nunes to get comments about he story but he did not respond.

Over the past two weeks, CNN approached Nunes on two occasions and reached out to his communications staff to get comment for this story.
            In the Capitol on Nov. 14, as CNN began to ask a question about the trip to Vienna, Nunes interjected and said, "I don't talk to you in this lifetime or the next lifetime.
            "

Nunes was given the chance to set the record straight if he had issues with the story.
            Last edited by pamak; 23 Nov 19, 04:00.

Comment

Can you give the source indicating that there is a law forbidding members of congress to meet with Ukrainians ?

Comment

All I have gotten from this is that the Biden's are totally compromised from their corrupt dealings with the Ukrainians

Comment

Originally posted by OttoHarkaman View Post
                  All I have gotten from this is that the Biden's are totally compromised from their corrupt dealings with the Ukrainians
                  Then I suggest you stop drinking paint.....

Comment

Do you have a reference for your posting?

Try this one:

https://www.dailywire.com/news/break...source=twitter
                    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Originally posted by Jutland View Post

Then I suggest you stop drinking paint.....
                      ? Those facts are visible for all to see, Joe Biden and his son have corrupt ties to the Ukraine

Comment

? Those facts are visible for all to see, Joe Biden and his son have corrupt ties to the Ukraine
                        That is a conspiracy theory that has been totally discredited. Did you not watch the hearings this week or watch the national news?

All you're doing here is repeating Republican talking points and Trump's false accusations.

Comment

You can accuse me of what you want but obviously Hunter Biden made big money in the Ukraine. What other things went on? I want to know! I want an investigation!

Comment

You can accuse me of what you want but obviously Hunter Biden made big money in the Ukraine. What other things went on? I want to know! I want an investigation!
                            But the question remains: Did Hunter Biden do anything illegal? And you have included Joe Biden in your postings. Again, watch the national news. The Biden 'issue' is nothing more than Trump attempting to disparage a political rival.

And I didn't accuse you of anything.

Comment

More on Nunes lawsuit:

https://www.newsweek.com/parnas-lawy...awsuit-1473679

Devin Nunes, the ranking Republican member on the House Intelligence Committee, is reportedly threatening to sue CNN and The Daily Beast after the publications reported damaging allegations that could implicate him in the ongoing impeachment probe the committee is currently conducting.

Nunes—who has been one of President Donald Trump's fiercest defenders in the committee where Ukrainian "quid pro quo" allegations are currently being considered—faced calls to recuse himself and even to be investigated after it was alleged that he himself met with Ukrainian officials in order to discuss digging up dirt on former Vice President Joe Biden.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X