Window of Tesla’s “bulletproof” truck shatters at unveiling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

It won't be received well because making an electric Mustang is pure blasphemy.

Also it was already unveiled.
    I agree, I don't think it will go well with Mustang enthusiasts. They don't think any Mustang built after mid 70's to be a REAL Mustang. I had a 2001 Mustang 5.0, took it to Mustang City for parts and they laughed at me. Told me that's not a Mustang and they do not carry any parts for it.

I didn't realize it was unveiled already. I vaguely heard about the soft launch months ago.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
      That Mustang spin off really doesn't look that bad.
      IF I were to buy an electric car, that might be the one. I would never buy a Tesla or Prius.

"Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Patriotism has nothing at all to do with being asked to support any product or any company that does not measure up to existing standards. That is the basis of capitalism and competitive marketing.

If all someone wants to do is lie for their paycheck, they should go into politics.
        Being asked to support vs rooting for their downfall are two entirely different things. It is absolutely not patriotic to want American companies to fail. Personally I hate electric cars, but I still hope Tesla does well because they're American.

If you want to talk standards then tell me how the Germans can't produce a car without some sort of fatal flaw, yet are still seen as the pinnacle of automotive engineering.

2019 VW GTI and GLI are being bought back because VW can't figure out why the engine stalls on its own in both automatic and manual variants.

e46 M3 is built on a rear subframe that may fall apart. Don't even get me started on their SMG.

E90 M3 has bad rod bearings that can grenade the engine.

996 Porsche's had IMS failures which can also grenade the engine.

B6 generation Audi was a total disaster.

Or, if you want to talk exploding cars there's no better example than the Mini Cooper.

German made vehicles are just as problematic, if not more so, yet many Americans sellout in the pursuit of perceived luxury.
        Last edited by TactiKill J.; 22 Nov 19, 18:06.
        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
        - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post

IF I were to buy an electric car, that might be the one. I would never buy a Tesla or Prius.

Same here.
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

It's pretty much a blank canvas at this point, doesn't have mirrors or window wipers installed yet. But even at this early stage it's more practical than most other large utes on the market.... and cheaper to run being electric.
            "In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
            Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
            Bukowski

Comment

52B36E2E-6B41-40CA-BA33-D1F636A97A8C.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                It's pretty much a blank canvas at this point, doesn't have mirrors or window wipers installed yet. But even at this early stage it's more practical than most other large utes on the market.... and cheaper to run being electric.
                I agree. I also add that the one version that gets 500 miles to a charge is pretty impressive. I'm wondering when in the near future they will get it to 1000 mile range......
                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Achtung Baby View Post
                  Electricity is free to produce now? And don't armored vehicles weigh more, requiring large engines that drive efficiency down rather than up, requiring more electricity to run? Or does this thing carry a large wind turbine and solar panels on it's roof?
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

I agree. I also add that the one version that gets 500 miles to a charge is pretty impressive. I'm wondering when in the near future they will get it to 1000 mile range......
                    And what the environmental damage of that kid of battery will be.

Hydrogen fuel cells would appear to be a better direction for research, with or without an associated electrical drive.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Why does a pick up need to be bullet proof in anything like a civilised society? And if the windows shatter if you lob cannon balls at them who cares? If General Mead was going to use them for battlefield logistics maybe but otherwise!
                      Human history becomes more and more a race between education and catastrophe (H G Wells)
                      Mit der Dummheit kaempfen Goetter selbst vergebens (Friedrich von Schiller)

Comment

Originally posted by MarkV View Post
                        Why does a pick up need to be bullet proof in anything like a civilised society? And if the windows shatter if you lob cannon balls at them who cares? If General Mead was going to use them for battlefield logistics maybe but otherwise!
                        Maybe he's marketing it in Mexico...

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                            Do I have to fact check memes now...

La Escondida is the world’s largest copper mine, not lithium.

"In modern war... you will die like a dog for no good reason."
                            Ernest Hemingway.

"We're all going to die, all of us; what a circus! That alone should make us love each other, but it doesn't. We are terrorised and flattened by trivialities."
                            Bukowski

Comment

"Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                              - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                                It's as if there's zero point to what you posted. I'm assuming you're just looking at the drill and the excavation. Oh look, the drill makes such a small hole compared to the large hole.. Look at it, so small and clean!

Yet ignore the reason why people have issues with fracking. The pollution from fracking spreads much larger area.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X