Trump Overrules US Navy Leaders Again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

I will say that Clinton was the only president I heard openly disparaged by officers in front of the enlisted.

It's not only JAG officers that do that. NCIS is far, far more likely to withhold or even ignore evidence that could be prejudicial to their case, or the case their superiors want to put forward.
    NCIS is just this side of a goon squad -- but JAG should know better. Their staff is, after all, made up predominantly of trained and licensed attorneys. If anyone should know the rules of evidence, it's them.
    I was married for two ******* years! Hell would be like Club Med! - Sam Kinison

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
      I do not understand why we need a second thread for a conversation that is clearly relevant to the one we had in a recent thread
      Because this thread is more specific, spotlighting the animosity and insubordination of a US NAVY admiral toward his Commander in Chief.
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Because he doesn't deserve to wear it any longer. He disgraced the uniform by his actions, pardoned or not.
        Article II, Section 2 of rhe Constitution.

Doesn't matter who the president is, a Presidential Pardon can't be undone by an admiral.

Why are people going against the Constitution on this matter?
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post

Actually what does having a Trident mean. Just because you were pardoned you still could not be at the standard of having a trident. (just saying)
          I recommend that you look up what a presidential pardon does.
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

And Trump is not a veteran and has demonstrated no knowledge about the armed forces.
            Neither was your hero Obama or Hillary. We clearly saw how they abandoned ambassadors to their fate.

And just because he can do something, does not indicate that he should. What he has done here is prejudicial to good order and discipline.
            He is the Commander in Chief. In the Chain of Command, his rank is even above that of a five star general. He can pardon and overrule their verdict for any or no reason. The ONLY one that can change that ruling is whoever is President in January of 2021.

Let the Admirals bitch to Pelosi and get her to pass a bill in Congress to over ride Trump's orders.
            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post
              Neither was your hero Obama or Hillary. We clearly saw how they abandoned ambassadors to their fate.

He is the Commander in Chief. In the Chain of Command, his rank is even above that of a five star general. He can pardon and overrule their verdict for any or no reason. The ONLY one that can change that ruling is whoever is President in January of 2021.

Let the Admirals bitch to Pelosi and get her to pass a bill in Congress to over ride Trump's orders.
              Actually, I doubt that a new president can negate the pardon of a former one.

Also, it does not cut it to spread conspiracy theories about "abandoning ambassadors to their fate."

The ambassadors who are really and deliberately abandoned to their fate are the ones who now become victims of a smear campaign by Ukrainian shady people like the indicted Pranas and Fruman who collaborate with Guiliani to attack ambassadors like Yovanovitch.

And I do not recall Obama publicly attacking POWs or his former DOD Secretaries (as Trump did with McCain and Mattis) or attacking fathers of fallen soldiers (as Trump did with Khan) or decorated veterans who testify in the Congress (as trump did with Vindman) . And there were plenty of veterans who were going to Fox News to harshly criticize Obama, Nor did Obama have to grow bone spurs to avoid drafting.

Some non veterans just have more decency than other non veterans.
              Last edited by pamak; 22 Nov 19, 16:19.
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

Is that last one even a thing.

Comment

Is that last one even a thing.
                  Theoretically, if both the POTUS and the Vice President are impeached, it is the Speaker of the House who takes charge (IIRC).
                  My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Theoretically, if both the POTUS and the Vice President are impeached, it is the Speaker of the House who takes charge (IIRC).
                    but do not think any bill could over turn it.

what a can of worms that could be.

Comment

but do not think any bill could over turn it.

what a can of worms that could be.
                      I agree!

This is why I also objected to SVR Ron's claim that "The ONLY one that can change that ruling is whoever is President in January of 2021."
                      I am not aware of any argument that a pardon can be overturned.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X