No announcement yet.

"I want nothing. I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hunter Biden was not a private person: he was the son of the vicepresident ,and was not hired because of his knowledge ( he was a loser ) but because he was the son of the vicepresident .Why did Hunter receive $ millions ? Because he was the son of Joe and because Joe would do something in return for Burisma .
    This is also called : a quid pro quo .

Comment

• Originally posted by pamak View Post

Apparent conflict of interest exists everywhere from lobbyists meeting with lawmakers who legislate laws that affect the industry to the appointment of ex coal industry CEOs in the EPA to having candidates like Trump having businesses abroad. As I said, if one wants to question every aspect of the current economic system in the US, then there is no problem with investigating Hunter too. But be selectively sensitive to apparent conflict of interest does not cut it.

You do not now what Burisma wanted and more importantly, it does not matter what Burisma wanted. What matters is Hunter's conduct and if it goes beyond the usual one we see from every CEO in the business. Guess why the defense industry gets former generals in their board of directors or why industry in general get retired politicians. They want to increase the company's prestige and access to government in order to get more contracts. And they pay handsome money for such lobbying service.
      Burisma was in very big troubles, its CEO had left for Russia,to survive ,it hired an American, not coincidentally the son of the man who in reality was the viceroy of Ukraine . If Hunter was not the son of Joe, he would not receive $ millions .

Comment

• Originally posted by ljadw View Post

Burisma was in very big troubles, its CEO had left for Russia,to survive ,it hired an American, not coincidentally the son of the man who in reality was the viceroy of Ukraine . If Hunter was not the son of Joe, he would not receive $ millions .
        Do not conflate the investigation of the owner for things he may have done wayyy before Hunter got the seat in the board of directors with the investigation of the company itself. The legal team for the owner who defended him was different from the legal team of the company.
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Hunter Biden was not a private person: he was the son of the vicepresident ,and was not hired because of his knowledge ( he was a loser ) but because he was the son of the vicepresident .Why did Hunter receive $ millions ? Because he was the son of Joe and because Joe would do something in return for Burisma .
          This is also called : a quid pro quo .
          The son of the VP is a private person with the same legal rights as any other, including former lawmakers who become CEOs and offer their services to different companies after they leave politics or children of the current president who engage in business deals for their personal business while their father is the POTUS. So, if Biden wants to take a seat in an international corporation this conduct should not trigger any government investigation by itself. And if somehow someone finds additional evidence of conduct that raises suspicion of Hunter participating in a fraud, then this is an issue of the DOJ and not of Trump's personal lawyer.

Quid Pro Quo in getting payed for lobbying is the standard practice in the US and it is legal. Also, you make assumptions because Biden is a lawyer and in fact the Burisma announcement for his hiring mentioned that he was also in charge of the legal affairs.And offering legal expertise for a price is also a legitimate "quid pro Quo" On the other hand, the federal law is clear that a quid pro quo in which an official act of an elected US politician is affected by a thing of value that he seeks from another party is a quid pro quo with corrupt intend and illegal
          Last edited by pamak; 24 Nov 19, 14:24.
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

The son of the VP is a private person with the same legal rights as any other, including former lawmakers who become CEOs and offer their services to different companies after they leave politics So, if Biden wants to take a seat in an international corporation this conduct should not trigger any government investigation by itself. And if somehow someone finds additional evidence of conduct that raises suspicion of Hunter participating in a fraud, then this is an issue of the DOJ and not of Trump's personal lawyer. Quid Pro Quo in getting payed for lobbying is the standard practice in the US. Also, you make assumptions because Biden is a lawyer and in fact the Burisma announcement for his hiring mentioned that he was also in charge of the legal affairs.
            You mean : he was in charge of the illegal affairs of Burisma ?
            Hunter was not lobbying . Joe was lobbying . No sane person ,and no intelligent Ukrainian would pay a loser as Hunter $ millions, unless he was the son of Joe .
            The son of a VP is not a private person : private persons do not go to China using Air Force 2 .
            In 2006 Hunter was appointed by young Bush at the Board of Administration of Amtrack, because his father was a powerful senator .Not because Hunter was a private person .

Comment

You mean : he was in charge of the illegal affairs of Burisma ?
              Hunter was not lobbying . Joe was lobbying . No sane person ,and no intelligent Ukrainian would pay a loser as Hunter $ millions, unless he was the son of Joe .
              The son of a VP is not a private person : private persons do not go to China using Air Force 2 .
              In 2006 Hunter was appointed by young Bush at the Board of Administration of Amtrack, because his father was a powerful senator .Not because Hunter was a private person .
              This is speculation. Lawyers usually engage with companies which are under investigation.
              You do not know what Hunter did. What you DO know though is that at the time,nobody made accusations against Biden, not even the republicans. They remembered Hunter only later as Trump was preparing the ground for the 2020 election. Also, at the time when Joe was involved there was not any active investigation of Burisma.

The son of a VP is as much a private person as the son of Trump who run his personal business while his father is a president. Selective application of a prosecutor's suspicions regarding the potential opportunity for fraud as a result of somebody's political connections does not cut it! Feel free to change the current laws if you do not like the current system.
              Last edited by pamak; 24 Nov 19, 14:38.

Comment

Even the smoking gun evidence requires inferences. which is the correct term instead of the term "presumption" you mentioned. We also have Trump's and Giuliani's words which certainly are not hearsay. ("I need a favor though") and a background context that was explained in all the previous posts.

Trump WILL be impeached! Get used to the idea...
                Actually, Trump's words were, "I want nothing. I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo."
                "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

• Originally posted by American87 View Post

Actually, Trump's words were, "I want nothing. I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo."
                  when he was caught.. So, this piece of evidence does not change the inferences one can have from Trump's "talk to Rudy" words and from Rudy's conduct.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                  X