"I want nothing. I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

Unfortunately, no one on the Trump side wants to admit that the POTUS, attempting to 'mirror' his deal clients, ended up playing a bad hand.

OTOH, rather nice to see all the elephant boyz who spent years in this forum speculating that Michelle
    Obama was actually a man, the Obama kids were 'props', etc., now squealing about 'the President's image.'
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Feeling a tad titchy today, ARE WE?
      The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

" "I want nothing. I want nothing. I want no quid pro quo."

equals

"I am not a crook" (Nixon's statement for the foreigners who may miss the allusion)

and was delivered after Trump realized that Congress had initiated an investigation
        Last edited by pamak; 21 Nov 19, 15:33.
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          From what? Right wing rags that distort what actually does on? You have no 'proof' at all, merely Republican talking points.
          Since you won't bother to prove otherwise, here is five minutes of using a NON GOOGLE Search;

https://www.breitbart.com/2020-elect...father-was-vp/

https://nypost.com/2019/10/10/6-fact...ings-in-china/

And yet, Biden brags about getting the prosecutor fired that was investigating his son. This is the results of that firing.

https://nypost.com/2019/10/04/ukrain...-hunter-biden/

The more I search the point, the more tangle this gets;

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/p...inian-oil-deal

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...y-company.html

https://freebeacon.com/politics/hunt...errys-stepson/

https://nypost.com/2018/03/15/inside...d-bidens-kids/

You will, of course dismiss all of this as you remain blinded by the CNN and MSNBC Hate Trump Propaganda as you keep spamming the form with Hate Trump topics that most form members are starting to ignore.
          “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

You don't know what either Hill or Holmes are going to say today as they have not yet testified.
            ARE YOU - SIR- DENYING -iDJADW'S TIME TRAVELLER-ABILITIES ??
            The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by Freebird View Post

A self serving denial contradicted by the facts?

That should cinch it....

nixon-crook.jpg
              Trump said this before the impeachment inquiry. It was a quote from one of his policy discussions with Sondland. Aka he officially said to not do a quid pro quo.
              "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Guess again:

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/20/polit...iry/index.html

After devastating testimony from one of his own ambassadors, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo is now ensnared at the center of the impeachment probe he has denounced as "Washington noise."

Gordon Sondland, who was appointed by President Donald Trump to be US ambassador to the European Union, testified Wednesday that he had kept Pompeo "in the loop" about "activities" connected to the effort to get Ukraine to announce an investigation into Trump's main political rival.

Sondland's testimony directly tied Pompeo to the pressure campaign being carried out in Ukraine -- a campaign to which the secretary of state has largely avoided being publicly tied.

The revelations come at a sensitive time for Pompeo amid speculation he may be eyeing a run for the Senate from Kansas next year.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/20/polit...y-4/index.html

US Ambassador
                Gordon Sondland
                testified Wednesday there was a quid pro quo for Ukraine to announce investigations into President Donald Trump's political opponents that came from the President's personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani at the "express direction of the President."
                That says nothing. There was no quid pro quo. That's what Sondland said.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                  To be fair, I doubt Trump understands what a QPQ is.

Here's an example of what Trump did but with a Mob boss in his place.
                  "I want you to do me a favor about this John Smith guy, heard terrible things, very problematic. Do what you can, but I want "no murder.""

Murder happens, Trump didn't ask for murder, read the call! He said "no murder."
                  Are you saying Trump would go to war with Ukraine or murder Zelinsky if there was no investigation? Sounds like you're describing a Clinton. ZING. But seriously, Trump asked the Ukrainian president to investigate Biden. That's it. What assumptions was Zelinksy to make? That he would get assasinated if he didn't reply? That he wouldn't get aid money? How could he possibly make those assumptions without coming across as paranoid?

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post

really trump said no quid pro qoa in a conversation. That did not happen more than likely because barring someone telling him that word it not something he going to say normally.
                    So you're saying Sondland was lying?

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post

History is full of such denials. The naivity….

I'm quite sure Trump (or any other head of state, because the name doesn't matter one yota) will officially know nothing about spying as well. Yet I'm quite sure there's a lot of clandestine intelligence gathering by US citizens going on.

The same by someone else who claims a testimony under oath MUST have been the truth, as it was under oath. Yeah. Right.
                      So you're saying Sondland was lying? What if Sondland said Trump did ask for a quid pro quo? Would he be lying then? What will you accept as the truth from these witnesses?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Here's a question that the Democrats need to answer. When the Clintons took money from China, why didn't the Democrats immediately impeach him?
                        The Clintons didn't take money from China.

When Hilary violated the National Security Act hundreds of times, why didn't the Democrats seek immediate action?
                        1.jpg

When Obama dressed up in his Muslim party clothes and went bowing and scraping to foreign governments, why didn't the Democrats immediately impeach him? Especially after he gave a huge amount of money to Iran, a terrorist nation with a nuclear program
                        ?
                        What on earth are you even talking about?
                        When the Democrats openly broke the law by refusing to follow the legal impeachment processes, why did they think they were immune from the laws of the land?
                        The impeachment process is legal.
                        Obviously, the Democrats only have a problem with Trump, not with any existing laws.
                        Only according to RW media

Even if the Democrats win, they will lose everything. I think Americans will unite against a common enemy - the Democrats, and I'm starting to think it will be very good thing when we do, and we can then begin the process of ruthlessly rooting out the criminals in our government, most of whom are Democrats.
                        Sounds like a threat. One repeated by most conservatives. The criminals are the republican elitists fleecing you people.
                        We ought even be able to create a new national holiday which we can name after the television series: We can celebrate The Purge.
                        You're fantasizing again. You're in the minority.

Everything you know is the opposite of reality. You don't even care either.
                        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

Trump said this before the impeachment inquiry. It was a quote from one of his policy discussions with Sondland. Aka he officially said to not do a quid pro quo.
                          You misrepresent the facts. You need to change your sources:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-q...-quid-pro-quo/

The quote referred to a September 9 conversation that Sondland depicted as "very short and abrupt."

Meanwhile, @ 8:50 in the morning of September 9 we had the formal announcement of a House investigation

https://twitter.com/HouseIntel/statu...88393213812736

8:50 AM - 9 Sep 2019

BREAKING: House Intelligence, Foreign Affairs & Oversight Committees launch a wide-ranging investigation into reported efforts by Trump, his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, and possibly others to pressure Ukraine to help the President's reelection campaign:

By the way the DOJ and the Acting Director of National Intelligence were already aware of the whistleblower complaint even before September 9

Last edited by pamak; 21 Nov 19, 16:27.
                          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

You misrepresent the facts. You need to change your sources:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-q...-quid-pro-quo/

The quote referred to a September 9 conversation that Sondland depicted as "very short and abrupt."

Meanwhile, @ 8:50 in the morning of September 9 we had the formal announcement of a House investigation

https://twitter.com/HouseIntel/statu...88393213812736

8:50 AM - 9 Sep 2019

BREAKING: House Intelligence, Foreign Affairs & Oversight Committees launch a wide-ranging investigation into reported efforts by Trump, his personal lawyer Rudy Giuliani, and possibly others to pressure Ukraine to help the President's reelection campaign:

By the way the DOJ and the Acting Director of National Intelligence were already aware of the whistleblower complaint even before September 9

Yes, and Trump said he wanted no quid pro quo. That was his official policy statement to Sondland, per Sondland's testimony. So where's the quid pro quo? Someone must know about it, if the Democrats are saying it exists, right? Wrong. Sondland said there was no quid pro quo, and the transcript of the actual phone call said there was no quid pro quo. The whole reason there's an investigation is because the whistleblower, Eric Ciaramella, said there was quid pro quo on the phone call. But he was fired from the National Security Council for lying, and the transcript proves he was wrong again. He wasn't even listening on the phone call, he just heard about it from someone. So there's no quid pro quo. The entire investigation is a shameless coup attempt by the Democrats.

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post

There was no quid pro quo. That's what Sondland said.
                              Did you watch his testimony yesterday? He said that there certainly was.

And the two witnesses that testified today confirmed it.

We are not now that strength which in old days
                              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Did you watch his testimony yesterday? He said that there certainly was.

And the two witnesses that testified today confirmed it.
                                He said there wasn't. And no I didn't watch it today, I have work and stuff to do. But I'm confident then when I find out what happened, there was no quid pro quo. As Sondland said.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X