Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Judy Slama, Currently Republican State Senator from Nebraska- hope for the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Judy Slama, Currently Republican State Senator from Nebraska- hope for the future

......When Trump rallied voters to “Make America Great Again”, his supporters didn’t care to return to times where women never left the home and segregation was rampant. The “Great Again” they imagined was a time when there was hope in small towns and their livelihoods. Very few Trump voters from my hometown were gung-ho supporters; in fact, many of my friends found several of his comments to be repulsive. The ones that ended up voting for him did so in spite of his personal shortcomings and knew that his campaign was the first in recent memory that focused around their economic interests, rather than just pandering to them with social conservatism. Donald Trump was this election cycle’s symbol of change, which attracted rural voters...…..

Full
    article:
    https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2016/12/08/slama-allow-me-to-inform-you-that-shallow-data-analysis-does-little-justice-in-helping-one-understand-life-outside-of-the-urban-bubble/
    Last edited by marktwain; 20 Nov 19, 14:17.
    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Your link doesn't open for me.

Comment

https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2016/...-urban-bubble/

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
        ......When Trump rallied voters to “Make America Great Again”, his supporters didn’t care to return to times where women never left the home and segregation was rampant. The “Great Again” they imagined was a time when there was hope in small towns and their livelihoods. Very few Trump voters from my hometown were gung-ho supporters; in fact, many of my friends found several of his comments to be repulsive. The ones that ended up voting for him did so in spite of his personal shortcomings and knew that his campaign was the first in recent memory that focused around their economic interests, rather than just pandering to them with social conservatism. Donald Trump was this election cycle’s symbol of change, which attracted rural voters...…..

Full
        article:

https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2016/12/08/slama-allow-me-to-inform-you-that-shallow-data-analysis-does-little-justice-in-helping-one-understand-life-outside-of-the-urban-bubble/
        Kind of a strange post for a rabid TDS'er. Is she even old enough to vote?
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Slama isn't a rabid TDS'r.

She is, I believe the youngest State senator in Nebraska.

\btw, MM, I have this great rural America business operation to swell you, aww, sorry, SELL you:

Comment

Hello. I just read the article written by Judy Slama titled, "SLAMA: The rural perspective." It was very well written. I haven't been in a rural area for some years, but it reminded me of one thing. Developers developing all over the place. I think developers want to develop every piece of open ground. Develop, develop, develop. I love developers.
            "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

AKA: you didn't bother to open her link and read it.....
              Last edited by marktwain; 20 Nov 19, 18:43.

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
                Hello. I just read the article written by Judy Slama titled, "SLAMA: The rural perspective." It was very well written. I haven't been in a rural area for some years, but it reminded me of one thing. Developers developing all over the place. I think developers want to develop every piece of open ground. Develop, develop, develop. I love developers.
                The Nebraska unicameral STATE LEGISLATURE is a role model for state /provincial governments for all North America.

Slama writes a number of impressive articles. She was VOTED America's MODEL YOUNG REPUBLICAN LAWMAKER FOR 2018.

Except for the Federal Senate, Canada has abolished all bicameral assemblies.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                X