Trump's Defense 'Strategy'-Attacking Witnesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's Defense 'Strategy'-Attacking Witnesses

Trump is a low-life and is less accomplished than those he is attacking. And Senator Johnson is despicable and his false accusations are defamatory. Neither Trump nor Johnson would qualify as a pimple on a good lance corporal's ass. And Junior is a non-entity.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Eight weeks into the House impeachment inquiry, President Trump and many of his allies have seized on a core defense strategy by attacking career public servants who are testifying as witnesses in the probe and spreading disinformation about their motives as “unelected bureaucrats.”

The tactic was deployed in a prominent way Monday when Sen. Ron Johnson (R-Wis.) laid out criticisms against Lt. Col. Alexander Vindman, a National Security Council official who is poised to give key public testimony Tuesday. Johnson wrote without evidence that Vindman may be a member of a rebellious “deep state” that “never accepted President Trump as legitimate” and is working in secret to end his presidency.

“I believe a significant number of bureaucrats . . . resent [Trump’s] un­or­tho­dox style and his intrusion on their ‘turf,’ ” Johnson wrote to the top Republicans on the House Oversight and Intelligence committees. “They react by leaking to the press and participating in the ongoing effort to sabotage his policies and, if possible, remove him from office. It is entirely possible that Vindman fits this profile.”

Johnson’s letter intensifies a campaign of attacks on Vindman from Trump and his allies, which has included speculation about the decorated war veteran’s patriotism from conservative commentators and a White House statement on Friday criticizing his job performance. Moves such as these have gained significant traction with Trump’s base, feeding into an echo chamber that stokes supporters’ resentments, broadcasts a single pro-Trump message and demonstrates the power of the online juggernaut Democrats will confront during Trump’s 2020 reelection campaign.

Much of this messaging has taken aim at the career public servants cooperating with the House impeachment inquiry.

Sharing a sentiment on Friday that gained viral popularity among his father’s supporters, Donald Trump Jr. tweeted that “America hired [Trump] to fire people like the first three witnesses we’ve seen.” He was referring to former ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch, acting ambassador to Ukraine William B. Taylor Jr. and top State Department official George Kent, all of whom testified last week.

The three are “career government bureaucrats and nothing more,” Trump Jr. wrote.

The rhetoric offers a preview of what could be in store this week, as nine witnesses prepare to testify in open impeachment hearings on Capitol Hill. During Yovanovitch’s five-hour testimony Friday, Trump denigrated her on Twitter, a sign of his readiness to undercut witnesses in real time using social media.

We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

"attacking witnesses" is probably just tit for tat. If someone "attacked" me then I'd certainly not turn the other cheek and meekly accept whatever it is that'd got their little panties in a bind....I'd "attack" them right back...
    ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
      "attacking witnesses" is probably just tit for tat. If someone "attacked" me then I'd certainly not turn the other cheek and meekly accept whatever it is that'd got their little panties in a bind....I'd "attack" them right back...
      You're not the president. Trump has no conscience and no honor. Being president is not being a forum member.
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Thank you for considering that I have honor and a conscience.
        IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

What sort of witnesses? Hostile and armed with hearsay for testimony.

It's a coup with a legalistic façade.
          {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Worked for OJ...

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
              How did a Louisiana man end up in - New Hampshire?
              The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post

Cant be a coup if it is in the Consitution. Just saying.

So at what point would doing what Trump did be grounds for removal for you. I mean your argument is basically saying that a president can go to other countries and have them investigate his political rivals for him.

So Trump gets out of office the dems could then go to Saudi Arabia and say he we want you to look at all the deals Trump has in your country. (ie hear he bribed some people )

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                  Trump is a low-life and is less accomplished than those he is attacking.
                  .....and the people attacking Trump, are they low life's also?

......or are they careerist political hacks?

Picture a 2nd Lt checking into to a unit. He orders the unit to do something.....but the SNCO determines that he knows better than the Lt so he goes out of hia way to undermine everything the Lt does....
                  "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

How did a Louisiana man end up in - New Hampshire?
                    Actually, the only time that I spent in Louisiana was a three month stint in early 1983...I didn't think that N'Yawlins funk stuck on me this long...

'EY Y'AT?
                    D'jeat? Ooohyass...gots me a po'boy and sum aytooFAY!
                    IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post

Apparently, you have no idea what a coup d'état is.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                        .....and the people attacking Trump, are they low life's also?
                        Yup - they're all low lifes.

How you keep electing them is beyond me, none of them would even be elected president of the local bridge club here
                        High Admiral Snowy, Commander In Chief of the Naval Forces of The Phoenix Confederation.

Comment

Trump attacks another witness. And in the phonecall between Trump and Sondland, it was made in a restaurant in Kiev without any security at all.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

President Donald Trump on Thursday appeared to level another real-time attack against a witness in the House impeachment inquiry, questioning the testimony of a State Department official who claimed to have overheard an incriminating phone call that involved the president.

“I have been watching people making phone calls my entire life. My hearing is, and has been, great,” Trump wrote on Twitter. “Never have I been watching a person making a call, which was not on speakerphone, and been able to hear or understand a conversation. I’ve even tried, but to no avail. Try it live!”

The president’s post came mere minutes before David Holmes, the political counselor at the U.S. embassy in Kyiv, delivered his opening statement before a public hearing of the House Intelligence Committee.

Holmes previously told lawmakers in a closed-door deposition last week that he and two other State Department staffers joined Gordon Sondland, the U.S. ambassador to the European Union, for a July 26 lunch in the Ukrainian capital.

During that meal on a restaurant's outdoor terrace — at which Sondland selected a bottle of wine and the four “discussed topics such as marketing strategies for his hotel business” — Holmes testified that Sondland placed a call on his mobile phone to Trump.

Although the call “was not on speakerphone,” Holmes said he “could hear the President’s voice through the earpiece” of Sondland’s phone.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                          X