Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exonerating Servicemen Convicted of War Crimes

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Exonerating Servicemen Convicted of War Crimes

    If the servicemembers are innocent and the courts-martials were wrong, then the servicemen should be exonerated. That has not been shown to be the case and Trump is wrong. He is attempting to circumvent the Uniform Code of Military Justice and lawfully convicted war criminals.

    https://www.redstate.com/streiff/201...-crimes-right/

    A week ago, President Trump pardoned former First Lieutenant Michael Behenna (see Left Goes Crazy As Trump Pardons Unjustly Convicted Soldier. Now the word is circulating that President Trump is considering more pardons of members of the US who were convicted of war crimes.
    There is no doubt Mr. Trump is reviewing other cases. The president has said he will review the case of Army Maj. Mathew L. Golsteyn, who faces murder charges in connection with the 2010 death of a man who Maj. Golsteyn believed was a Taliban bombmaker.

    “At the request of many, I will be reviewing the case of a ‘U.S. Military hero,’ Major Matt Golsteyn, who is charged with murder,” the president tweeted in December. “He could face the death penalty from our own government after he admitted to killing a terrorist bomb maker while overseas.”

    Advocates and lawmakers also are pushing for a pardon of Army 1st Lt. Clint Lorance, who was convicted of murder in connection with the 2012 deaths of two Afghan men. Lorance was sentenced to 19 years in prison for his role in the incident.
    I’m ambivalent about the Golsteyn case (see President Trump Vows To Review High Profile War Crimes Case and Army Punishes Hero After Investigation Clears Him) but Lorance was railroaded by a command that was interested in making a political example of a young man in a difficult situation.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

  • #2
    Trump pardoned the sailor who took some pictures aboard the submarine he was assigned to. He cited Hillary's e-mail server as a reason. Basically, his reasoning was If she gets to walk free and uncharged for far worse violations of classified information handling, then this guy deserves to as well.

    https://nypost.com/2018/03/10/trump-...marine-photos/

    Also, I will add, that in the end, the only true "war" crime is losing.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      Basically, his reasoning was If she gets to walk free and uncharged for far worse violations of classified information handling, then this guy deserves to as well.
      That's a conspiracy theory.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

        That's a conspiracy theory.
        Just a casual question. Have you ever had a government security clearance?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

          Just a casual question. Have you ever had a government security clearance?
          Nope. Criminals get locked up. I think you're believing things that aren't true.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
            Nope. Criminals get locked up. I think you're believing things that aren't true.
            If you have never had a security clearance, especially at that level, how do you know anything about it?
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
              Nope. Criminals get locked up. I think you're believing things that aren't true.
              I held a Secret clearance for 27 years, a Sensitive Positions clearance for 23 and underwent 5 year background checks (the neighbors asked why the FBI was asking them about me, etc.) repeatedly.

              I know with 200% certainty, no question about it, if I did what Hillary did I'd have gotten 10 to 15 years in prison for it. The feds would have swept in and confiscated every electronic device I owned in a nanosecond, no waiting involved. They'd likely have hauled off every shred of paper in my house and office at work as well.
              I've seen people get time for taking a low level classified manual home to study for work and qualifications with absolutely no intent to misuse it other than remove it from a secure area get time for doing so.

              Hillary is absolutely and completely guilty and a knowing, willing, felonious criminal in her e-mail scandal. There is ZERO doubt of that, and I'd bet you would have an extremely hard time getting anyone who ever held a government security clearance or even worked on government computer systems to say anything else.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                Just a casual question. Have you ever had a government security clearance?
                His own lawyers said it was apples and orangeswhen comparing it to Clinton.

                ​​​​​​Casual indeed.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Jutland View Post

                  His own lawyers said it was apples and orangeswhen comparing it to Clinton.

                  ​​​​​​Casual indeed.
                  More like a very small apple to a whole orchard of oranges. Hillary is guilty as [email protected]#!

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                    More like a very small apple to a whole orchard of oranges. Hillary is guilty as [email protected]#!
                    Sure, you go nail her to a wall then.


                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Jutland View Post

                      Sure, you go nail her to a wall then.


                      Irrelevant Appeal to Ridicule.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                        I held a Secret clearance for 27 years, a Sensitive Positions clearance for 23 and underwent 5 year background checks (the neighbors asked why the FBI was asking them about me, etc.) repeatedly.

                        I know with 200% certainty, no question about it, if I did what Hillary did I'd have gotten 10 to 15 years in prison for it. The feds would have swept in and confiscated every electronic device I owned in a nanosecond, no waiting involved. They'd likely have hauled off every shred of paper in my house and office at work as well.
                        I've seen people get time for taking a low level classified manual home to study for work and qualifications with absolutely no intent to misuse it other than remove it from a secure area get time for doing so.

                        Hillary is absolutely and completely guilty and a knowing, willing, felonious criminal in her e-mail scandal. There is ZERO doubt of that, and I'd bet you would have an extremely hard time getting anyone who ever held a government security clearance or even worked on government computer systems to say anything else.
                        Ya but you're just picking and choosing democrats and ignoring the same thing on the republican side. It's not even worth talking about unless your side is completely clean. We call that being hypocritical.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                          Trump pardoned the sailor who took some pictures aboard the submarine he was assigned to. He cited Hillary's e-mail server as a reason. Basically, his reasoning was If she gets to walk free and uncharged for far worse violations of classified information handling, then this guy deserves to as well.

                          https://nypost.com/2018/03/10/trump-...marine-photos/

                          Also, I will add, that in the end, the only true "war" crime is losing.
                          These pardons do not have to do with the sailor you mention. Check the article's date
                          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                            Ya but you're just picking and choosing democrats and ignoring the same thing on the republican side. It's not even worth talking about unless your side is completely clean. We call that being hypocritical.
                            Show me where Republicans in the House or Senate hired foreign nationals to run their computer systems, gave them access to basically everything on them, and did so knowing or not that those foreign nationals weren't even really qualified to be network managers. Show me where the Republicans didn't hold the minimum annual checks required by government regulation for the actual presence of inventoried and tagged equipment?

                            One example of the type used:



                            Inventoried property has to have one and minimally, once a year, an audit is required to make sure that equipment is really still where it should be. Yet, the Awan family managed to steal dozens of government owned computers and do who knows what with them.

                            As of Sept. 1, 2016, there had been 34 purchases totaling nearly $38,000 “where the costs of the item was manipulated to obtain a purchase price of $499.99,” according to the document. There were $799 iPads and a $640 television on the list, records show.

                            Most of that equipment was left off the official House inventory, investigators found. And investigators found that some of it had been delivered to the homes of the Awan brothers, according to a person familiar with the investigation.
                            https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...b0d_story.html

                            That's a felony in itself.

                            The FBI found out about it when a US Army officer bought the home the Awan's lived in in Virginia and he found the garage full of government tagged computers and hard drives. The FBI took it all but as far as anyone can tell nothing more happened. Why not?

                            My guess is that since upwards of 40+ Democrats were using these scammer Pakistanis to do their IT work, they quickly and quietly with full complicity of the MSM keeping quiet, quashed all attempts to look into this matter in anything approaching a legal and thorough way. It is likely that had that happened, the Democrats knew that they'd lose 10 to 20 seats in the House due either to resignation or voter anger.
                            Last edited by T. A. Gardner; 17 Nov 19, 16:35.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

                              Show me where Republicans in the House or Senate hired foreign nationals to run their computer systems, gave them access to basically everything on them, and did so knowing or not that those foreign nationals weren't even really qualified to be network managers. Show me where the Republicans didn't hold the minimum annual checks required by government regulation for the actual presence of inventoried and tagged equipment?

                              One example of the type used:



                              Inventoried property has to have one and minimally, once a year, an audit is required to make sure that equipment is really still where it should be. Yet, the Awan family managed to steal dozens of government owned computers and do who knows what with them.



                              https://www.washingtonpost.com/inves...b0d_story.html

                              That's a felony in itself.

                              The FBI found out about it when a US Army officer bought the home the Awan's lived in in Virginia and he found the garage full of government tagged computers and hard drives. The FBI took it all but as far as anyone can tell nothing more happened. Why not?

                              My guess is that since upwards of 40+ Democrats were using these scammer Pakistanis to do their IT work, they quickly and quietly with full complicity of the MSM keeping quiet, quashed all attempts to look into this matter in anything approaching a legal and thorough way. It is likely that had that happened, the Democrats knew that they'd lose 10 to 20 seats in the House due either to resignation or voter anger.
                              Sounds like another conspiracy theory. From your article.

                              It has attracted unfounded conspiracy theories and intrigue. Far-right news organizations seized on it as a potential coverup of an espionage ring that plundered national secrets and might have been responsible for the campaign hacking of the Democratic National Committee, a breach that intelligence agencies have linked to Russia. President Trump has fanned its embers from his Twitter account, reposting an article that claimed the mainstream media were ignoring a scandal “engulfing” Rep. Debbie Wasserman Schultz, a Florida Democrat who was slow to fire Imran Awan after news of the investigation broke.
                              So Awan sells him home with all this equipment still left in the garage right? Does that make sense?

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X