Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Violence in a NFL Game, is it out of control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post

I didn't say he's the best thing to happen to boxing, so shouldn't be punished. I said that to imply it didn't do much to tarnish his legacy. It wasn't that big of a deal in the end. I wasn't calling for him to go to jail because it happened during a sanctioned sporting event. It's on the athletic commission to punish him and they did. In general, I'm not an authoritarian so I don't believe in police having a large role in our everyday lives. The more problems we can solve without them, the better. If a cop bit someone's ear off in a boxing ring, why should I care? If he's going around harassing innocent people in public or using excessive force against people who are not allowed to defend their selves against them, then it's a problem.
    Odd, a sanctioned sport event trumps the law. Interesting take.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Tackikill J. After thinking about this you have changed my mind.
      you are right, we need to fire all policemen and hire umpires!
      we don't need courts. We have sanctioning committees that could fill that roll.
      You are brilliant!
      Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it everywhere, diagnosing it incorrectly and applying the wrong remedies.

Comment

Originally posted by Persephone View Post
        Hi Slug!
        How's single life treating you? Great to see you posting again.
        Hello Persephone! Nice to see you too. I went to 7-11 today and found out they sell huge burritos. I'm going to have to try those. I have a lady friend and most of the time she is nice to me. I asked her to join ACG but she isn't into history. That could be the kiss of death.

"Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Slug View Post
          Hello Persephone! Nice to see you too. I went to 7-11 today and found out they sell huge burritos. I'm going to have to try those. I have a lady friend and most of the time she is nice to me. I asked her to join ACG but she isn't into history. That could be the kiss of death.
          If she likes the large burrito, it's OK. One out of two is acceptable!
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post

Odd, a sanctioned sport event trumps the law. Interesting take.
            So next time you want to rob a bank, just dress up in football gear.
            Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Good morning Urban Hermit. Actually I think that happened. Years ago a player in the National Hockey League pressed charges against a guy who came up from behind and did something illegal, and the player was injured. I'm not sure what happened after that. I don't like hockey. Not enough scoring.
              that was the Todd Bertuzzi incident

\we are putting together a new league |Slug, where goalies only wear skates'' socks , and jocks......
              the good news is it will increase scoring.
              the not so good news is we have only been able to sell franchises in Fire Island, New York; west Downtown Vancouver; and six San Francisco Neighbourhoods….
              \
              Last edited by marktwain; 21 Nov 19, 09:37.
              The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                Tackikill J. After thinking about this you have changed my mind.
                you are right, we need to fire all policemen and hire umpires!
                we don't need courts. We have sanctioning committees that could fill that roll.
                You are brilliant!
                Sure. Or just have police storm the ice and arrest players every time they get into a fight. That doesn't sound like a police state at all.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post
                  the not so good news is we have only been able to sell franchises in Fire Island, New York, west Downtown Vancouver, and six san Francisco Neighbourhood….
                  Hello marktwain. Are those dudes into hockey?
                  "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Hello marktwain. Are those dudes into hockey?
                    We will know after the Keywest Limepies and the Miami Beach Bums first game......
                    The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Myles Garrett reportedly accused Mason Rudolph of calling him a racial slur in the moments leading up to the brawl that took place in the final seconds of the Pittsburgh Steelers-Cleveland Browns game on Thursday night.

According to a report from ESPN's Josina Anderson and Adam Schefter, the accusation was made during Garrett's appeal hearing on Wednesday.

https://www.businessinsider.com/myle...appeal-2019-11

And just one year ago Garrett said in his opinion that its ok for everyone to use the n word,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0mCP6M2QkA
                      Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                      Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                      X