Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Violence in a NFL Game, is it out of control?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Violence in a NFL Game, is it out of control?

If Miles Garrett doesn't get charged with assault with intent to do great bodily harm for what he did to a player in the Brown VS Steelers game game, the NFL will end up being legislated dead. (Drudge Report Headlines.)

HELMET ATTACK SHOCKS NFL...

CALLS FOR JAIL...

COULD HAVE KILLED HIM!

BIG TV RATINGS...

NFL Suspends BROWNS Player Indefinitely, Fines Both Teams $250,000...

Suspended? He should have been fired regardless of how valuable of a player he might be. If he isn't charged and face jail time for what he did, how soon before one of those spoiled brat overpaid players pulls out a gun and start shooting the opposition?

I would have posted this in the Sports section, but this behavior is more of a political issue as opposed to speculation about the game.
    “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Do you turn everything into politics even when politics wasn't mentioned
    "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

In hockey a long time ago one person was almost killed and the other ended up with a steel plate in his head in a stick swinging incident extreme violence happens once in a while in sports and should be dealt with by the league because once you start getting law authorities involved about violence happening in the game it’ll become more common to get the law involved with lesser incidents of violence ruining the sport it’s a slippery slope.
      Last edited by Snowshoveler; 16 Nov 19, 08:58.

Comment

Football by nature is a violent sport. Still, sportsmanship should always be visible, and what this player did to the Pittsburg quarterback could have resulted in a serious head injury. It was unnecessary, wrong, and unexcusable. The offending player should be banned at least for the rest of the season, fined heavily, and then banned for next year.
        We are not now that strength which in old days
        Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
        Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
        To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
          Do you turn everything into politics even when politics wasn't mentioned
          Yes, he does.
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts

Comment

Hello. I just saw the pictures and the video. Football is a violent game, But it is also a game of rules. What he did goes way beyond anything I have seen. It's almost as if he is holding the helmet as a trophy. Now it's time for the commishoner to step up and do his job. Whatever punishment this player receives, he must be used as an example, for the rest of the league, that this unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated. Period.
            "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Comment

Do you guys remember when Johnny Roseboro catcher for the Dodgers, got whacked on the head with a bat by Juan Marichal a great pitcher for the Giants, when he was up at the plate? I know Roseboro had blood on his face. That was interesting. I wonder what sort of punishment Marichal got.

Comment

Given that he is a) a valuable player, and more importantly b) an ethnic minority probably nothing much at all. Football has become incredibly politicized in recent years.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

When does poor sportsmanship go so far it becomes violation of the law?
                    Why is assault with an helmet, bat, hockey stick or baseball for that matter, not a violation of law resulting in an arrest and charges being filed?
                    Dispite our best intentions, the system is dysfunctional that intelligence failure is guaranteed.
                    Russ Travers, CIA analyst, 2001

Comment

Ugh, here we go again with the PC police trying to make a violent game docile. 20 years ago this wouldn't have been a big deal, but in today's cancel culture, anything that's not remotely PG has to be dealt with in the harshest, most severe manner.
                      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        Given that he is a) a valuable player, and more importantly b) an ethnic minority probably nothing much at all. Football has become incredibly politicized in recent years.
                        And no surprise, everything is also about race. If what you claim (cry) is remotely true, then how is Kap out of a job after upsetting the non-minority?
                        "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                        - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Anyway, hopefully Mason Rudolph will think twice about trying to rip someone's helmet off and then charging after him after being separated. Tough lesson learned.
                          - Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
                            When does poor sportsmanship go so far it becomes violation of the law?
                            Why is assault with an helmet, bat, hockey stick or baseball for that matter, not a violation of law resulting in an arrest and charges being filed?
                            Good morning Urban Hermit. Actually I think that happened. Years ago a player in the National Hockey League pressed charges against a guy who came up from behind and did something illegal, and the player was injured. I'm not sure what happened after that. I don't like hockey. Not enough scoring.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
                              Anyway, hopefully Mason Rudolph will think twice about trying to rip someone's helmet off and then charging after him after being separated. Tough lesson learned.
                              Hello Tactikill. The events that occured before the player swung down and hit the other player with his own helmet in the head, don't justify him doing so. I think there might have been a different outcome if he had tried that little hissy fit with Bradshaw in his prime, Ben Roslinberger, Brett Favre, Bobby Douglass, Roman Gabriel etc.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X