X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quid Pro Quo not working

So now Pelosi is claiming Trump is guilty of "bribery"

The left is getting desperate.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

I want you to do us a favour though.....

Comment

But, when Biden actually does it, it isn't bribery?

In Biden’s own words on an open forum;

I remember going over and convincing our team, others, to convince that we should be providing for loan guarantees. And I went over, I guess, the 12th, 13th time to Kiev. And I was supposed to announce that there was another billion-dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and from Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor. And they didn’t.

So they said they had—they were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, I’m not going to—or, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said—I said, call him. (Laughter.) I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a b-tch. (Laughter.) He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.”

https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/24...AYDm7UzvhBAyWE

Where is the outrage by the media? The Democrats?

If second hand hearsay becomes as believable as hard evidence, we are all in danger of being silenced by the Left.
      “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Originally posted by Jutland View Post
        I want you to do us a favour though.....
        So if a president asks a foreign government to do something it is an impeachable offense?
        I get the idea you are getting all your news from agenda driven sites.

If trump made some act of the US favorable to Ukraine, conditioned on the Ukrainians pursuing Biden, you would have an argument. But the fact that you aren’t quoting any such language and only reference the favor part means you aren’t aware of any such evidence. The balance of your proof seems to be “Well, it’s trump”. That type of logic only works with people who are predisposed to assume the worst of a political opponent, but is meaningless under the law.

So, if you have some evidence that it is somehow illegal for a president to ask foreign leaders for a favor to investigate corruption, I would love to see it.

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

When the president asks a foreign government for a 'favor' that is to help him is an upcoming election and holds promised military aid until it is done, then that is bribery and is an impeachable offense.
          We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

So if a president asks a foreign government to do something it is an impeachable offense?
            I get the idea you are getting all your news from agenda driven sites.

If trump made some act of the US favorable to Ukraine, conditioned on the Ukrainians pursuing Biden, you would have an argument. But the fact that you aren’t quoting any such language and only reference the favor part means you aren’t aware of any such evidence. The balance of your proof seems to be “Well, it’s trump”. That type of logic only works with people who are predisposed to assume the worst of a political opponent, but is meaningless under the law.

So, if you have some evidence that it is somehow illegal for a president to ask foreign leaders for a favor to investigate corruption, I would love to see it.
            When he asks for dirt on his political opponents and uses foreign aid as leverage then yes.

Comment

We are not now that strength which in old days
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

When he asks for dirt on his political opponents and uses foreign aid as leverage then yes.

"When"? So, are you saying that he did so? Awesome, where is that evidence and why haven't you been referencing that instead of the "favor" line?
                It's almost as if you are hiding the really damning evidence.

As for the evidence of the link of aid to the investigation, those damn victims (ukrainians) are going to have to stop having their own point of view ( facts)

Ukrainian Foreign Minister Vadym Prystaiko said on Thursday that the United States Ambassador Gordon Sondland did not link financial military assistance to a request for Ukraine to open up an investigation into former vice president and current Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden.

“I have never seen a direct relationship between investigations and security assistance,” Prystaiko continued. “Yes, the investigations were mentioned, you know, in the conversation of the presidents. But there was no clear connection between these events.”
                https://www.dailywire.com/news/new-r...ment-narrative
                Last edited by Cambronnne; 15 Nov 19, 09:25.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                  When the president asks a foreign government for a 'favor' that is to help him is an upcoming election and holds promised military aid until it is done, then that is bribery and is an impeachable offense.

So why don't the ukrainians agree that is what happened?
                  Don't they understand trump is bad?

Based on what I've seen so far, this will end up being an even bigger nothing than Mueller and we all know Mueller was going to get trump this time for sure.

Comment

Bribery? These are dealings with foreign elements.

President [Clinton, Bush, Obama / fill in the blank] to a Middle East Chieftain:
                    "Yes, Omar, we'll give you that aid if you join our side."

Bribery?
                    {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

But he didn't do that. Read the transcript of the call.
                      {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

So if Trump was only trying to root out corruption then why didn't he ask for a favour in investigating Guilliani and his two Ukranian henchmen?

Nevermind, probably wouldn't be a good idea.

Comment

Bribery is not going to work. The only possible thing you have is the breaking of a campaign finance law - but who has been put in jail for that? Who considers that to be a "high" crime?

But so far there's been no proof that Trump violated any of those laws.
                          {}

Comment

Collusion!
                            Racist!
                            Quid pro quo!
                            Bribery!

What will be next?
                            {}

Comment

The aid was released without Ukraine doing the "favor"

Aid was released, no 'favor' done to get the aid released......how is this quid pro quo or the left's newest charge...bribery?
                              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X