School shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Resorting to party politics in a tragedy such as this is both ludicrous as well as callous. It is also reprehensible. How would you react if one of your family members was either killed or wounded in a school shooting?
    The OP gave data points, I gave a factual data point.

If my data point was both ludicrous and callous, that would also apply to the OP.

How would I react? The same way you would.
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Stonewall_Jack View Post
      Crime has become a big problem in the USA. Our prison population has grown into what numerous reports suggest is the worlds largest prison population.

We have gotten away from our civilized American past and today we have a bigger prison population, higher divorce rate, movies and games are more violent then ever. The loss of millions of middle class jobs have led to more depression as well. One report says by 2035 that 800 million jobs will be lost to automation. Point is that reports have shown if one grows up in lesser economic circumstances, they have a higher chance of becoming a criminal.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapJourn...e2d8b080e14d0a

Therefore steps should be taken now to oppose the loss of millions of jobs that could occur in the near future. Imagine a dark future where there are basically no factory jobs in the USA..and the sights of Communist type apartments filling the country because less people can afford homes...that is not the American dream. Home ownership rates are down in the USA because the banks wont give out loans to Americans without a middle class job.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mill...decline-2019-4

Young people growing up in the USA need a good liberal leader and a society with good jobs. A society with a poor moral leader and with a deteriorating middle class could lead to more violence and mass shootings.

While I do believe in free speech, I feel some of the violent scenes in Game of Thrones for example really have no place in the USA. War films that include violence has been in US films since the beginning, but today Some movies and tv shows have violent scenes just for the heck of it.

I would say that the US should abolish the death penalty. Some of these mass shooters and cult leaders like Jim Jones and Mansion welcomed death or felt that there act would result in them getting killed and then glorified after death, a sort of martyr if you will. Stats show that in the USA, in states without the death penalty there is a lesser homicide rate in comparison to states with a death penalty. Plus one can not be a Christian if they are for things like abortion and the death penalty, have to be against both.

Its about a return to normalcy. Politicians or leaders of the world that promote poor morals have also led to people going on mass shootings. We need leaders in our world to promote good values. Any politician in the world that is supporting hurting the middle class jobs or blocking immigration based on ones looks or religion must be opposed . And I for one think things will be getting better in the future.
      The difference is that an aborted child is innocent and that an executed criminal is not innocent . Besides, the Christ never opposed death penalty,thus one can be christian and supporting death penalty .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post
        Christ never opposed death penalty,thus one can be christian and supporting death penalty .
        Interesting point.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Wasn't Christ a falsely accused innocent person put to death by the state?

Comment

Another school shooting. Have we in America been desensitized to gun violence? Yes. I remember when drive-by shootings were front page news. Not now. I look at countries like Japan and Great Britain. They don't have the gun violence like America. Why is that? If we really are sick of all this gun crap, maybe they have a template we can follow. If we have gun laws that aren't followed or weak that's a good place to start right there. When I found out that Congress couldn't pass legislation on the banning of bump stocks. I thought, Come on, what citizen would resist that? No citizen needs that bump stock thing. I we have to have guns I could live with, a .38 revolver, 12 gague shotgun, and bolt action rifles. It's a compromise. As far as that pencil neck kid that killed his schoolmates, I hate him. Do the mental health bit, but keep him locked up for a long, long, long, time.
            "Advances in technology tend to overwhelm me."

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
              Wasn't Christ a falsely accused innocent person put to death by the state?
              Yes, and he also had the power to stop the death penalty from being carried out on him....that's the interesting point.

Comment

The difference is that an aborted child is innocent and that an executed criminal is not innocent . Besides, the Christ never opposed death penalty,thus one can be christian and supporting death penalty .
                Well friend in fact 4% of executions are executions of innocent people. So that number is just way too high even one person executed innocently would be too high. More than that the statistic was already shown... in The United States , states without the death penalty have a lower murder rate Compared to the states with the death penalty.. So the way forward in going with Christian civility and just a good society in general whether Christian or not is to get rid of the death penalty that would help lower mass shootings. Jesus opposed the death penalty. Christianity a civilized religion stands for redemption and honor
                Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post
                  20160709_Drunk_Driving.jpgI guess Canada has an alcohol problem, worse than USA...yet most likely nothing will be done?
                  Sorry Asterix but that's a not a very good analogy to use in the gun control debate.

Are you saying that if we loosen restrictions on drunk driving then the number of those road fatalities would go down?

Comment

These shootings prove only that the democratic anti-gun laws do not work .
                    Everyone in the USA and in Europe knows what can be done, but no one has the guts to do it .
                    Yeah, unlimited guns for everyone .
                    That should avoid the USA becoming the hell hole that Europe is.
                    gun ownership countries by R. Bezoen, on Flickr
                    "For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Interesting point.
                      Christians have debated whether or not the death penalty is allowed. I for one used to favor it but I have changed on that.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Yes, and he also had the power to stop the death penalty from being carried out on him....that's the interesting point.
                        Our Lord gave his life so we could see the light and put an end to violence. We need to abolish the death penatly and get rid of bump stocks as Slug said. I own a 22 caliber scoped bolt action rifle, thats more then enough to keep me safe and If I wanted I could get a shotgun here in WNY fairly quickly.

George S Patton

Comment

The USA should also look into prison reform. We have to many prisoners getting out of jail and falling into recidivism. Also leaders of the USA need to be morally upright, we dont need leaders of our country criticizing people based on their religion or ethnicity. Its true that criminals have carried out their criminal acts in the past due to the rhetoric of intolerant leaders. So the USA should have upstanding people in leadership roles that support good morals. US leadership needs to get out in public and urge kids to be morally upright, and the US gov should look into gov funded programs to teach youngsters about tolerance and working together in order to avoid bullying which also plays a role in leading to mass shootings and other crimes.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Canuckster View Post

Sorry Asterix but that's a not a very good analogy to use in the gun control debate.

Are you saying that if we loosen restrictions on drunk driving then the number of those road fatalities would go down?

Well the other side of the argument is to ban alcohol isn't it? Or better yet, just take away your permit to drive?

My original point was two-fold - First to call the absurdity of the OP's little data points.....which makes no real point...or no less than my little graph. Secondly - given that collective punishment makes as much sense as trying to ban an item, one radical thought would be to place the blame squarely on the perpetrator(s) i.e. the shooter...or drunk driver, and punish ONLY the perpetrator(s).
                            You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Our Lord gave his life so we could see the light and put an end to violence. We need to abolish the death penatly and get rid of bump stocks as Slug said.
                              Bump stocks aren't banned nationwide already? I thought they were.

And what is the logic behind banning the death penalty? I ask because you're invoking religion...so I'm curious to know how far this extends. Is there consistency in this religion you raise...or is it politically expedient?

I own a 22 caliber scoped bolt action rifle, thats more then enough to keep me safe and If I wanted I could get a shotgun here in WNY fairly quickly. and If I wanted I could get a shotgun here in WNY fairly quickly.
                              Key word in bold. If you feel a .22 rifle is adequate for your defense or hunting or target shooting....that's great. But you shouldn't confuse your basic needs with constitutional rights. What people need can be very arbitrary as opposed to their wants. I don't want a constitution telling me what I need, I want a constitution telling me I can own what I want within the confines of the law.

You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

Originally posted by asterix View Post

- First to call the absurdity of the OP's little data points.....which makes no real point...or no less than my little graph. .
                                Op here, fair enough, I made only one point because that one point is staggering, here's the full article that elaborates

https://www.npr.org/sections/goatsan...t-of-the-world

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X