X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• School shooting

All I am going to say

What is your point here?
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

It was a reaction to today's school shooting.

Comment

It leaves everything to be desired. Might want to rethink it.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          It leaves everything to be desired. Might want to rethink it.
          Maybe, but don't worry about it, nothing will be done, as usual.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post
            What is your point here?
            It's pretty sad that this is our reaction to school shootings now. Proves that it's a cultural and parenting issue at play here. Are Americans too desensitized to violence? Or is there just more evilness in this country? When we have members proclaim that Mexico needs to be nuked in feces. Or worse, the members who have supported genocide. A President who describes other countries as **** holes and a populace that supports such inhumane language. It leads me to believe that too many Americans are just inherently more evil people when compared to other western democracies. There are a lot of sick people here (this country, but applies to this forum too) that we accept as normal, when there is nothing normal about the discourse or behavior in America.

So until we fix our culture, we will not fix our violence. If Canada had the same freedom as we do, I do not believe you would see the same amount of mass shootings per capita. Different culture, different people.
            "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
            - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post

Most of these Shootings occur in leftist democrat controlled areas. What's your point?
              "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

These shootings prove only that the democratic anti-gun laws do not work .
                Everyone in the USA and in Europe knows what can be done, but no one has the guts to do it .
                Last edited by ljadw; 15 Nov 19, 04:27.

Comment

Crime has become a big problem in the USA. Our prison population has grown into what numerous reports suggest is the worlds largest prison population.

We have gotten away from our civilized American past and today we have a bigger prison population, higher divorce rate, movies and games are more violent then ever. The loss of millions of middle class jobs have led to more depression as well. One report says by 2035 that 800 million jobs will be lost to automation. Point is that reports have shown if one grows up in lesser economic circumstances, they have a higher chance of becoming a criminal.

https://www.arcgis.com/apps/MapJourn...e2d8b080e14d0a

Therefore steps should be taken now to oppose the loss of millions of jobs that could occur in the near future. Imagine a dark future where there are basically no factory jobs in the USA..and the sights of Communist type apartments filling the country because less people can afford homes...that is not the American dream. Home ownership rates are down in the USA because the banks wont give out loans to Americans without a middle class job.

https://www.businessinsider.com/mill...decline-2019-4

Young people growing up in the USA need a good liberal leader and a society with good jobs. A society with a poor moral leader and with a deteriorating middle class could lead to more violence and mass shootings.

While I do believe in free speech, I feel some of the violent scenes in Game of Thrones for example really have no place in the USA. War films that include violence has been in US films since the beginning, but today Some movies and tv shows have violent scenes just for the heck of it.

I would say that the US should abolish the death penalty. Some of these mass shooters and cult leaders like Jim Jones and Mansion welcomed death or felt that there act would result in them getting killed and then glorified after death, a sort of martyr if you will. Stats show that in the USA, in states without the death penalty there is a lesser homicide rate in comparison to states with a death penalty. Plus one can not be a Christian if they are for things like abortion and the death penalty, have to be against both.

Its about a return to normalcy. Politicians or leaders of the world that promote poor morals have also led to people going on mass shootings. We need leaders in our world to promote good values. Any politician in the world that is supporting hurting the middle class jobs or blocking immigration based on ones looks or religion must be opposed . And I for one think things will be getting better in the future.
                  Long live the Lionheart! Please watch this video
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=jRDwlR4zbEM
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f3DBaY0RsxU
                  Accept the challenges so that you can feel the exhilaration of victory.

George S Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post

Each such shooting is tragic, but our murder rate has dropped by about 50% in the past 25 years.
                    Even after the end of the assault weapon ban ended.
                    Even as private ownership of guns has exploded and concealed carry became more common.

While I cannot pretend to know why our murder rate has fallen so much, I would submit that it is a tremendous improvement. So, the facts support the belief that something has happened to decrease the number of firearm related murders.

And if you are going to compare the US to other countries, why did you leave out the Semi failed narco state on our southern border. It is almost illegal for anyone to own a gun there and yet with a smaller population they have about twice the number of gun related murders.
                    hmmmm.
                    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Most of these Shootings occur in leftist democrat controlled areas. What's your point?
                      Resorting to party politics in a tragedy such as this is both ludicrous as well as callous. It is also reprehensible. How would you react if one of your family members was either killed or wounded in a school shooting?
                      We are not now that strength which in old days
                      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Many years ago my oldest daughter did a History Project on Vietnam at her little Church School. I loaned her my AR 15 and AK 47 for the display. The thing I did that was screwed up was I also gave her one round of ammo for each weapon to display. I regret that now. THAT was a different time..

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

20160709_Drunk_Driving.jpgI guess Canada has an alcohol problem, worse than USA...yet most likely nothing will be done?
                          You'll live, only the best get killed.

-General Charles de Gaulle

Comment

This most recent shooting had all the earmarks of teenage angst. A young boy, just turning sixteen, with emotions burning and hormones raging has somehow accessed a heavy caliber handgun. How could this possibly go wrong? I blame the school administrators for not recognizing this out-of-control kid on a steep downward spiral. There must have been red flags all over this boy and school officials either ignored them or dragged their feet (so as not to step on anyone's toes) to the point where they felt that he was not a threat.
                            In the hs where I work there are three programs made for kids like this. Years ago they used a different building/school facility but now they have been incorporated into the general student body since our hs building has expanded. I'm not so sure that these programs are as effective now that the kids who are most at risk have been blended into the general population. I see behaviors that are borderline, physical and emotional outbursts, withdrawal, sullenness, and open hostility to staff. THESE are the kids who are the most apt to ramp up into an uncontrollable state and the psychologists, counselors and administrators coddle them and really don't address their issues in a way that would de-escalate their slide into hell.
                            There are most likely many issues that cause these shooters (mostly students) to fall to these depths and it's imperative that they be identified early and closely monitored.
                            Violence in the news and especially in entertainment/games does, I think, play a huge role in the desensitization of the value of life for these kids. In the gamer/virtual reality world where a lot of these children spend more and more of their time they know that they can always reset and get more lives. Unfortunately, when they bring this mindset to the real world, it doesn't work. In this way I can blame technology and the greed of gaming publishers who pay lip service to 'adults only' rated items and sell to whomever has the cash.
                            I realize that there are, most likely, many other factors involved in prepping a shooter for their final (and they usually die one way or another) rampage but these are a few that I see on a daily basis.

Pandora's box has been breached.
                            Last edited by Jose50; 15 Nov 19, 18:06.
                            ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                            IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
                              This most recent shooting had all the earmarks of teenage angst. A young boy, just turning sixteen, with emotions burning and hormones raging has somehow accessed a heavy caliber handgun. How could this possibly go wrong? I blame the school administrators for not recognizing this out-of-control kid on a steep downward spiral. There must have been red flags all over this boy and school officials either ignored them or dragged their feet (so as not to step on anyone's toes) to the point where they felt that he was not a threat.
                              In the hs where I work there are three programs made for kids like this. Years ago they used a different building/school facility but now they have been incorporated into the general student body since our hs building has expanded. I'm not so sure that these programs are as effective now that the kids who are most at risk have been blended into the general population. I see behaviors that are borderline, physical and emotional outbursts, withdrawal, sullenness, and open hostility to staff. THESE are the kids who are the most apt to ramp up into an uncontrollable state and the psychologists, counselors and administrators coddle them and really don't address their issues in a way that would de-escalate their slide into hell.
                              There are most likely many issues that cause these shooters (mostly students) to fall to these depths and it's imperative that they be identified early and closely monitored.
                              Violence in the news and especially in entertainment/games does, I think, play a huge role in the desensitization of the value of life for these kids. In the gamer/virtual reality world where a lot of these children spend more and more of their time they know that they can always reset and get more lives. Unfortunately, when they bring this mindset to the real world, it doesn't work. In this way I can blame technology and the greed of gaming publishers who pay lip service to 'adults only' rated items and sell to whomever has the cash.
                              I realize that there are, most likely, many other factors involved in prepping a shooter for their final (and they usually die one way or another) rampage but these are a few that I see on a daily basis. Pandora's box has been breached.
                              This is the thing I think we should be focusing on.
                              The kid getting a gun is a huge problem, but not the only one.
                              Normal people don't turn into murderous maniacs when they get a gun.

I have been wondering about what motivated this kid to do it.
                              I keep thinking that they believe they will be in the position of Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn in being able to watch their own funerals and see their friends and enemies express regret over not treating the murderers better.
                              Or they will enjoy being seen as heroes of some sort.
                              It is as if they don't recognize they will be denied those experiences as they will be dead.

Just my speculation.
                              Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X