Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sondland did not link aid to investigation of Bidens

I wonder how the left is going to react to this:

Ukraine's foreign minister told reporters on Thursday that U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland did not link investigations into Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son with military assistance.

"Ambassador Sondland did not tell us, and did not tell me exactly, about the relation between the [military] assistance and the investigations," Foreign Minister Vadym Prystaiko told reporters, according to Interfax-Ukraine.

"I have never seen a direct link between investigations and security assistance. Yes, investigations were mentioned, you know, in a presidential conversation. But there was no clear connection between these events," Prystaiko added.

https://thehill.com/policy/internati...ly-link-aid-to
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Well, that's not going to appear in the WaPo or NYT... The MSM will ignore the story for the most part. Maybe a brief mention on like page 12 of the paper so they can say they ran the story for a CYA move.

Comment

Does that mean that there was no victim for trump's extortion?
      Oops.
      Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
        Well, that's not going to appear in the WaPo or NYT... The MSM will ignore the story for the most part. Maybe a brief mention on like page 12 of the paper so they can say they ran the story for a CYA move.
        So far The Hill, Reuters, and the National Review are running the story.

WaPo & NYT still have the Sondland ties Trump to quid pro quo:

Here's what Sondland said according to the NYT:

“I said that resumption of the U.S. aid would likely not occur until Ukraine provided the public anticorruption statement that we had been discussing for many weeks,”

Here is what the NYT said Sondland's statement meant:

The disclosure from Gordon D. Sondland, an ally of Mr. Trump who is the United States ambassador to the European Union, confirmed his role in laying out a quid pro quo to Ukraine that conditioned the release of security assistance from the United States on the country’s willingness to say it was investigating former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr. and other Democrats.

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/11/05/u...ent-trump.html

The crazy thing about this is that Trump released the aid even though Ukraine never made "the public anticorruption statement"

It really looks like Trump is playing the left....again and they are jumping over the cliff.
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp
          The latest

A top diplomat on Wednesday tied President Trump more directly to the effort to pressure Ukraine to probe his political opponents. - The Washington Post

William Taylor, the top diplomat in Ukraine, revealed for the first time that his staff members overheard the president speaking on the phone to another diplomat about investigations. - AP

Taylor testified on Wednesday as part of the first open hearing in the House Democrats' impeachment inquiry. Trump has insisted he did nothing wrong in his interactions with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, accusing Democrats of a partisan effort to damage him politically. - The Hill

We are not now that strength which in old days
          Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
          Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
          To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
            Does that mean that there was no victim for trump's extortion?
            Oops.
            I think it means that Trump has out maneuvered the left......again.....

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
              The latest
              Your "Latest" is from yesterday, this thread is from today.

It shows that the Ukrainians were not pressured to probe his political opponents.

Some unnamed staff member claiming to have overheard the president talking to someone on the phone...in a restaurant....... Again, today's story, No link to aid coming from the Ukraine.

Comment

The latest

A top diplomat on Wednesday tied President Trump more directly to the effort to pressure Ukraine to probe his political opponents. - The Washington Post

William Taylor, the top diplomat in Ukraine, revealed for the first time that his staff members overheard the president speaking on the phone to another diplomat about investigations. - AP

Taylor testified on Wednesday as part of the first open hearing in the House Democrats' impeachment inquiry. Trump has insisted he did nothing wrong in his interactions with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, accusing Democrats of a partisan effort to damage him politically. - The Hill
                William Taylor is a long-time entrenched bureaucrat at State, and a Democrat (registered in RI). I point this out because it's going to be apparent that most of the witnesses the Democrats will call are Democrats by party affiliation. I also expect that the witnesses the Republicans want to call-- and they submitted a formal list-- won't be heard from.

If that occurs, and it seems likely, the Democrats are going it alone for an impeachment that will fail in the Senate. Worse, it's also likely that some Democrats will defect in an attempt to save their seats in the upcoming election.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
                  If that occurs, and it seems likely, the Democrats are going it alone for an impeachment that will fail in the Senate. Worse, it's also likely that some Democrats will defect in an attempt to save their seats in the upcoming election.
                  From the looks of it now, I doubt the democrats will put up a vote for impeachment.

With what Ukraine's foreign minister said today; there obviously was no quid pro quo.

The democrats have put themselves in a dilemma that is going to hurt them while it helps Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post
                    I wonder how the left is going to react to this:

Ukraine's foreign minister told reporters on Thursday that U.S. Ambassador to the European Union Gordon Sondland did not link investigations into Democratic presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son with military assistance.

"Ambassador Sondland did not tell us, and did not tell me exactly, about the relation between the [military] assistance and the investigations," Foreign Minister Vadym Prystaiko told reporters, according to Interfax-Ukraine.

"I have never seen a direct link between investigations and security assistance. Yes, investigations were mentioned, you know, in a presidential conversation. But there was no clear connection between these events," Prystaiko added.

https://thehill.com/policy/internati...ly-link-aid-to
                    Wouldn't belive his statement one way or the other at this point.

And the important part your missing in all of this is it ok for the President to use another foreign govt to tank a political opponent. Obvisouly you and the rest of the Trump supporters believe its ok

Cant wait for how you will like how this is being done 20 years down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

From the looks of it now, I doubt the democrats will put up a vote for impeachment.

With what Ukraine's foreign minister said today; there obviously was no quid pro quo.

The democrats have put themselves in a dilemma that is going to hurt them while it helps Trump.
                      no need for a pro quo the ask is enough to be tossed out.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post

And the important part your missing in all of this is it ok for the President to use another foreign govt to tank a political opponent. Obvisouly you and the rest of the Trump supporters believe its ok

Was it okay for Trump to tell Central American countries No aid until you squash those caravans and actively work on stopping illegal immigration to the US? After all, that would be a self-serving move because of his stated position on illegal immigration.

Or, is it only when the move is against a Democrat that it becomes an issue, and mainly an issue for the Democrats?

Comment

The latest

That's it?

So taylor can testify that trump used the word "investigations" in a phone call.

If that is all the apparent star witness has to offer, this is a huge fraud. (But we knew that already)
                          I sure hope the dems have something better than that to support their ever changing claims.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

no need for a pro quo the ask is enough to be tossed out.

Wait, for weeks I have been hearing that there was evidence of a quid pro quo, now the dems are pretending it isn't necessary?

Perhaps a quid pro quo isn't necessary in a political show trial, but typically our system requires actual evidence.

Comment

Why not?

This isn't coming from an unnamed source. He has more to lose than he could gain from his statement.

Are you okay with Biden using his office to help his son and get a foreign government to fire a person investigating the company that his son worked for?

Are you okay with Obama asking Putin to chill out until after the election when his political opponent was saying that Russia was our main threat?

Obviously you and the rest of the left believe it is okay if left uses a foreign government to stop a political opponent.

If the left gets away with this, 20 years down the road we will no longer have a Federal Republic made up of three branches.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X