No announcement yet.

The Impeachment Witnesses

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And what, exactly, did Biden 'get away with'?

Comment

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

A longtime career employee at the White House Office of Management and Budget is expected to break ranks and testify Saturday in the House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry, potentially filling in important details on the holdup of military aid to Ukraine.

Mark Sandy would be the first OMB employee to testify in the inquiry, after OMB acting director Russell T. Vought and two other political appointees at the agency defied congressional subpoenas to appear. The White House has called the impeachment inquiry unconstitutional and ordered administration officials not to participate.

Comment

In the second public hearing of House Democrats' impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch will testify before the House Intelligence Committee.

Yovanovitch, who had been ousted as ambassador at the end of April, previously told lawmakers and staff behind closed doors that she believed she was removed over "false claims" about her that had been amplified by conservative figures like Donald Trump Jr.

According to her closed-door testimony, when she asked European Union Ambassador Gordon Sondland how to respond to the attacks, she was told to tweet support of Trump.

"You need to, you know, tweet out there that you support the President, and that all these are lies and everything else," she said Sondland told her.

Sondland said in his closed-door testimony he did not "recall" the conversation.

Deputy Assistant Secretary of State George Kent described in public testimony Wednesday how President Donald Trump's personal attorney Rudy Giuliani had been part of a "smear" campaign against U.S. officials including Yovanovitch.

Kent said how Giuliani and his associates worked with "corrupt Ukrainians who wanted to peddle “false information in order to exact revenge against those who had exposed their misconduct, including U.S. diplomats, Ukrainian anti-corruption officials, and reform-minded civil society groups in Ukraine.”

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

A longtime career employee at the White House Office of Management and Budget is expected to break ranks and testify Saturday in the House Democrats’ impeachment inquiry, potentially filling in important details on the holdup of military aid to Ukraine.

Mark Sandy would be the first OMB employee to testify in the inquiry, after OMB acting director Russell T. Vought and two other political appointees at the agency defied congressional subpoenas to appear. The White House has called the impeachment inquiry unconstitutional and ordered administration officials not to participate.
          I wonder what it was that he overheard someone say about a phone conversation that they had heard about?
          ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
          IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

The left can try all they want but it won't change the simple fact that the aid was released without a 'favor', quid pro quo or bribery.
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

In the second public hearing of House Democrats' impeachment inquiry into President Donald Trump, former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch will testify before the House Intelligence Committee.

Yovanovitch, who had been ousted as ambassador at the end of April, previously told lawmakers and staff behind closed doors that she believed she was removed over "false claims" about her that had been amplified by conservative figures like Donald Trump Jr.
              She can "believe" anything she wants, it doesn't make it a fact. I find it interesting in her opening statement that she served at hardship posts. State people live very well at hardship posts.

Also claiming that State is the tip of the spear. That isn't State's function, they work with diplomacy.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Unelected careerist that think they know what's best for the US.
                In other words: like all other American citizens.
                Or any citizen in any country.

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return"

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post

No, there is a difference. American citizens elect people that they think will better carry out their interests. Unelected officials should not be making laws or policies, they don't answer to the voters.

Comment

Originally posted by Rutger View Post

I'm not sure if I am correctly interpreting your point so forgive me if I am in error.

The american citizen gets to influence foreign policy decisions through his vote for president.
                    Once elected, foreign policy is the president's responsibility. If the american citizen disapproves of the foreign policy it is his right to express that disapproval by his next vote.

At no time does the State department or its long time employees have any authority to make foreign policy decisions.
                    They do not get to chose their own way. Their options are to implement the president's legally granted and complete authority or to quit.

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Doesn't seem like a good day for Trump in my humble opinion respectfully submitted.

Comment

Rep. Mark Meadows:

Q: "Do you have any information regarding POTUS accepting bribes?"

Yovanovitch: "No"

Q: Do you have any evidence of any criminal activity from POTUS?"

Yovanovitch: "No"
                        {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post
                          Doesn't seem like a good day for Trump in my humble opinion respectfully submitted.
                          How so?

She wasn't the ambassador when the left claims Trump did quid pro quo...or bribery...or whatever other new word they will come up with.

Trump relieved her, that is his right just as it was Obamas when he relieved all of Bush's appointed ambassadors.

So far she has testified on hearsay and her own speculation.

She was relieved, not punished. She still works for the State Department and her pay wasn't cut.

Nothing really bad to point at Trump.

Comment

And Trump attempted witness intimidation against Ambassador Yovanovitch while she was testifyin…

Former U.S. Ukraine Ambassador Marie Yovanovitch provided chilling detail Friday in Trump impeachment hearings of being suddenly ousted from her post and feeling threatened upon learning President Donald Trump had denounced her in a July phone call with Ukraine’s president. In that call, Trump assailed her as “bad news” and said she was “going to go through some things.”

In an extraordinary moment, even in an administration filled with them, Trump himself went after her again as she spoke, tweeting from the White House that everywhere she served had “turned bad.” He emphasized that as president he had the “absolute right” to appoint his own ambassadors.

Yovanovitch was testifying on the second day of public impeachment hearings into Trump, just the fourth time in American history that the House of Representatives has launched such proceedings. The investigation centers on whether Trump’s push for Ukrainian officials to investigate his political rivals amounted to an abuse of power, a charge he and Republicans vigorously deny.

After Trump’s tweet on Friday, the chairman of the House Intelligence Committee swiftly intervened, halting the questioning to read the president’s comments out loud to the witness -- and Americans following the hearing -- during a live broadcast across the country.

Comment

https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-ne...-19/index.html

https://www.cnn.com/2019/11/15/media...cks/index.html

Marie Yovanovitch, the former United States ambassador to Ukraine, testified before the House on Friday that she was troubled by the misinformation disseminated about her by Fox News and other right-wing media entities.

"I was worried," Yovanovitch said, after having earlier on in her testimony said that she believed she had been the target of a smear campaign led in part by Rudy Giuliani, President Trump's lawyer.

Comment

[COLOR=#262626][FONT=CNN]And Trump attempted witness intimidation against Ambassador Yovanovitch while she was testifyin…
                                She doesn't have access to Twitter while she is testifying that she has no first hand knowledge of quid pro quo or bribery.

How is Trump attempting to intimidate her while she is testifying?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X