Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Impeachment Witnesses

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Diplomats and career government officials, they're little known outside professional circles, but they're about to become household names testifying in the
    House impeachment inquiry

The witnesses will tell House investigators — and Americans tuning into the live public hearings — what they know about President Donald Trump's actions toward Ukraine, including the July phone call with President Volodymyr Zelenskiy that ignited the impeachment inquiry.

First up will be William Taylor, the charge d'affaires in Ukraine, and George Kent, the deputy Assistant Secretary in the European and Eurasian Bureau, both testifying on Wednesday. On Friday, lawmakers will hear from former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Facebook censoring has been hard at work. They are being sued over this.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/faceb...211503373.html

Anyhow, the impeachment circus will be most interesting to watch today given that nothing has been done about what Biden actually did as the VP, what Trump is accused of doing, and then bragged about it on an open forum. No Project Veritas, no hidden camera, no whistle blower. Follow the link below and watch it on video;

I remember going over and convincing our team, others, to convince that we should be providing for loan guarantees. And I went over, I guess, the 12th, 13th time to Kiev. And I was supposed to announce that there was another billion-dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and from Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor. And they didn’t.

So they said they had—they were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, I’m not going to—or, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said—I said, call him. (Laughter.) I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a b-tch. (Laughter.) He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.”
    https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/24...AYDm7UzvhBAyWE

“Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

I'd love to see a list of the witness's voter registration in this case. I bet there's hardly an 'R' among them...

Comment

Well, the two today are both Democrats... Taylor (RI) and Kent (NY) respectively. Given the almost insurrection that occurred within the State Department shortly after Trump's election, I wouldn't call either particularly reliable witnesses. This is more true since all both offered was opinion and hearsay today.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
          Well, the two today are both Democrats... Taylor (RI) and Kent (NY) respectively. Given the almost insurrection that occurred within the State Department shortly after Trump's election, I wouldn't call either particularly reliable witnesses. This is more true since all both offered was opinion and hearsay today.
          Unelected careerist that think they know what's best for the US.
          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Taylor: "What I can do here for you today is tell you what I heard from people."

That's all you've got? Hearsay?

Even CNN sees a problem with the "Star witnesses"-
            https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-je...or-george-kent
            {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
              Taylor: "What I can do here for you today is tell you what I heard from people."

That's all you've got? Hearsay?

Even CNN sees a problem with the "Star witnesses"-
              https://www.foxnews.com/media/cnn-je...or-george-kent

So, they are testifying as to gossip and rumor?
              In other words, they aren’t really witnesses at all.

Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                So, they are testifying as to gossip and rumor?
                In other words, they aren’t really witnesses at all.

It's worse than that. It's people who are career bureaucrats at State that hate Trump, are long-term dedicated Democrats, and are presenting politically biased gossip and rumor.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                  The witnesses will tell House investigators — and Americans tuning into the live public hearings — what they know about President Donald Trump's actions toward Ukraine
                  How come they didn't hold such a big circus for Assistant US Secretary of State Victoria Nuland's actions toward Ukraine.

You know, concerning the phone-call the Russians recorded and made public.

The one where Nuland was discussing who the United States would place as head of the coup-government before the coup had actually happened.

If they didn't prosecute Nuland for organizing a COUP and getting many killed

Then they should leave TRUMP alone.

---------------------------

The Nazis produced 12,000 tons of NERVE GAS. Why did they not use it?

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

It's worse than that. It's people who are career bureaucrats at State that hate Trump, are long-term dedicated Democrats, and are presenting politically biased gossip and rumor.

I could be wrong about the dem’s approach, but when an attorney is able to present the witnesses in the order her wants (as the dems can) he will start off with the ones who will provide the strongest testimony for his case.
                    If these guys are their best ones, the case is more ridiculous than I had suspected.
                    But I’m sure this time they’ve got him for sure.
                    Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post
                      But I’m sure this time they’ve got him for sure.

Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

What? Nobody cares about Assistant US Secretary of State Victoria Nuland's actions toward Ukraine.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                          https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Diplomats and career government officials, they're little known outside professional circles, but they're about to become household names testifying in the
                          House impeachment inquiry

The witnesses will tell House investigators — and Americans tuning into the live public hearings — what they know about President Donald Trump's actions toward Ukraine, including the July phone call with President Volodymyr Zelenskiy that ignited the impeachment inquiry.

First up will be William Taylor, the charge d'affaires in Ukraine, and George Kent, the deputy Assistant Secretary in the European and Eurasian Bureau, both testifying on Wednesday. On Friday, lawmakers will hear from former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine Marie Yovanovitch.
                          Are you claiming this is now an impeachment?
                          "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

If this isn't, then what is? Even the Dems running the Wednesday live impeachment circus Wednesday couldn't answer the question of what laws Trump had broken to warrant impeachment. The one person that know who the whistle blower was answered that he didn't know. With Fox News, a Cable network, has nearly twice the viewers of that event then the big three, you know that the anti Trump media has lost their support.

I remember going over and convincing our team, others, to convince that we should be providing for loan guarantees. And I went over, I guess, the 12th, 13th time to Kiev. And I was supposed to announce that there was another billion-dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and from Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor. And they didn’t.

So they said they had—they were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, I’m not going to—or, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said—I said, call him. (Laughter.) I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a b-tch. (Laughter.) He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.”

https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/24...AYDm7UzvhBAyWE

If what Biden did while VP isn't impeachable, then what makes Democrats think that second hand hearsay is all the evidence they need for impeachment?

The more Democrats and their willing supporters continue to call for impeachment, the more they will be reminded of what they allowed Biden to get away with.
                            “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

There are legal exceptions to the hearsay rule.
                              We are not now that strength which in old days
                              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X