Were the Democrats hoodwinked?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Were the Democrats hoodwinked?

Perhaps there's no public answer to this, but did Schiff, the media, and the whole leftist lot know the transcript was a dud? Schiff learned about the phone call down the grapevine, and then he made a big deal about it. It was all rumor. Did he, the media, and all them know what the transcript really said?

In other words, did Trump catch the entire Left flatfooted when he released the transcript? They all based their hopes on rumor, it seems, and now they're left interrogating people who still don't know what went on.

It seems like one big, irresponsible mess. I presume some Democrats will like to see Trump impeached just so they can say "look, Trump was impeached like Clinton and Nixon," but perhaps an apology is in order.

"It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

First, it isn't a transcript, it's a summary. It isn't 'word for word.'

Second, how is it a 'dud'?

And it certainly appears that the witnesses being interviewed are credible and accurate.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Timeline:

-Ciaramella hears about the phone call second-hand
      -He tells Schiff about a quid pro quo
      -Schiff goes public and the media slams Trump
      -Trump releases the transcript, proving himself right, yet again
      -Schiff is interviewing people privately

Were Schiff and the media realize they were hoodwinked once they read the transcript? Now they stepped into this big mess, and they need to find some evidence of wrongdoing or else they look irresponsible.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
        First, it isn't a transcript, it's a summary. It isn't 'word for word.'

Second, how is it a 'dud'?

And it certainly appears that the witnesses being interviewed are credible and accurate.
        Can you show me what in the transcript is worth impeaching Trump over? Keep the bias to a minimum. What, at least, is worth criticizing in the phone call?

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post
          Perhaps there's no public answer to this, but did Schiff, the media, and the whole leftist lot know the transcript was a dud? Schiff learned about the phone call down the grapevine, and then he made a big deal about it. It was all rumor. Did he, the media, and all them know what the transcript really said?

In other words, did Trump catch the entire Left flatfooted when he released the transcript? They all based their hopes on rumor, it seems, and now they're left interrogating people who still don't know what went on.

It seems like one big, irresponsible mess. I presume some Democrats will like to see Trump impeached just so they can say "look, Trump was impeached like Clinton and Nixon," but perhaps an apology is in order.
          No. They wanted it to be true and if they had known it was not, they would have fabricated something else.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Can you show me what in the transcript is worth impeaching Trump over? Keep the bias to a minimum. What, at least, is worth criticizing in the phone call?
            Here's the transcript/summary. Read it and then we can 'discuss' it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...d-the-document
            We are not now that strength which in old days
            Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
            Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
            To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

Here's the transcript/summary. Read it and then we can 'discuss' it.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/tru...d-the-document
              So no, you can't/won't show me what is worth impeaching Trump over. And since this is coming from you, it must mean he is really off the hook.

Comment

I want you to do us a favour though....

It is very important that you do it...

Bidens son....

Comment

Originally posted by Jutland View Post
                  I want you to do us a favour though....

It is very important that you do it...

Bidens son....
                  Please provide the exact quotes

Comment

Please provide the exact quotes
                    Can't, on a train

Comment

Can't, on a train
                      Yeah, because your quotes are out of context and give the completely wrong impression of what Trump said. Whenever you get a chance to post it would be nice.

Comment

Yeah, because your quotes are out of context and give the completely wrong impression of what Trump said. Whenever you get a chance to post it would be nice.
                        You asked for the parts I thought were incriminating, I gave you them.

Just read the whole document yourself, emulate your idol Don Jr, make the sacrifices he makes.....

Comment

-------

I would apologize, but I blew my top when Schiff was proven to be a liar before Congress the day after the transcript was released. It was humiliating to see them continue to go with the lie and I am not going to participate any longer, its all about starting the Election Year three months early as far as I can see.

One thing- who cares about the whistle-blower anymore? The day the transcript was released, he became irrelevant. Why even bother with him?

Comment

You asked for the parts I thought were incriminating, I gave you them.

Just read the whole document yourself, emulate your idol Don Jr, make the sacrifices he makes.....
                            Yes, except the part where Trump asks for a favor is about CrowdStrike. It has nothing to do with Biden and the prosecuotr. Ergo, it is out of context and gives the completely wrong impression of Trump. When you get off the train, please take another look. It would be an illuminating discussion.

Comment

Originally posted by Phaing View Post

I would apologize, but I blew my top when Schiff was proven to be a liar before Congress the day after the transcript was released. It was humiliating to see them continue to go with the lie and I am not going to participate any longer, its all about starting the Election Year three months early as far as I can see.

One thing- who cares about the whistle-blower anymore? The day the transcript was released, he became irrelevant. Why even bother with him?
                              I think it's partially an election ploy, but also two other things. 1.) Biden is incriminated in the story, so the Left wants to distract. It's like how they talked about Russian Collusion once Wikileaks leaked Hillary's emails. 2.) It's to distract from the Barr investigation, which is looking into criminal conduct on the part of those who led the Mueller investigation.

And the whistleblower is important because it undermines Schiff's credibility. The term "whistleblower" implies that someone unveiled corruption and "blew the whistle" to get everyone's attention. But Ciaramella, the whistleblower, was repeating a rumor that happened to be wrong. And he's a leftist who was fired for leaking false information in the past. If his true identity were covered by the mainstream media, it would reveal how baseless the impeachment inquiry really is.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X