HOW your data is being used

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Or - you could try to actually make sense on the internet and not be a raving lunatic, it's a bit far-fetched but it works too

For example - while typing this I see an ad. for the Oxford Business School and their "Artifical Intelligence Programme" - whatever that may be - in the upper right corner, what do you guys see there ?

When I spend too much time in Brexit threads I see ads for cheap tickets to London, when I used to debate Ukraine/Russia here a lot, it was pretty blondes that wanted to marry me...
    There are no ads displayed for me. I opted for the forum version that eliminates them.
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Eno View Post
      You could use the Epic browser. I'm sure it's not 100% foolproof protection but it cuts out a lot.
      https://www.epicbrowser.com
      FireFox is pretty good, too. Anything associated with Google...

Comment

Originally posted by Snowygerry View Post

Or - you could try to actually make sense on the internet and not be a raving lunatic, it's a bit far-fetched but it works too

For example - while typing this I see an ad. for the Oxford Business School and their "Artifical Intelligence Programme" - whatever that may be - in the upper right corner, what do you guys see there ?

When I spend too much time in Brexit threads I see ads for cheap tickets to London, when I used to debate Ukraine/Russia here a lot, it was pretty blondes that wanted to marry me...
        The ads vary by person. Right now I'm getting one for ruggedized marine electronics and cables. (see what random noise gets you...)

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

The ads vary by person. Right now I'm getting one for ruggedized marine electronics and cables. (see what random noise gets you...)
          I'm not getting any ads at all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

I'm not getting any ads at all.
            That is because the advertisers know you a an old penny-pinching geezer.
            Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

Originally posted by Salinator View Post

That is because the advertisers know you a an old penny-pinching geezer.
              You mean a savvy mature person who is highly discriminating in his tastes. You've got to work on expanding your vocabulary!

(actually, it has to do with selecting large font, which expands the page and "crowds out" the ads.)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
              X