X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Democrats put cart before horse.

Democrats aim to impeach Trump by Christmas

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartanntp

The investigation isn't even close to done, but the verdict is already in. Witch hunt.

You have one major moron in the Democrat party leading this charge off a cliff: Adam Schiff. I have to give Nadler some credit here, he's staying out of public view right now. That Pelosi is humoring Schiff is going to be a mistake come next November as is Schiff's push for a verdict by Christmas.

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
    [/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]

The investigation isn't even close to done, but the verdict is already in. Witch hunt.

You have one major moron in the Democrat party leading this charge off a cliff: Adam Schiff. I have to give Nadler some credit here, he's staying out of public view right now. That Pelosi is humoring Schiff is going to be a mistake come next November as is Schiff's push for a verdict by Christmas.
    Schiff is the reason why Trump will be re-elcted in 2020, he is a total A$$hole!
    Last edited by Trung Si; 09 Nov 19, 11:13.
    Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Schiff actually looks crazy when he talks about Trump. His eyes bug out his complexion darkens and his voice wavers.
      We hunt the hunters

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
        Schiff actually looks crazy when he talks about Trump. His eyes bug out his complexion darkens and his voice wavers.
        Schiff is crazy. He's a former federal persecutor (no, that's spelled correctly) and they are used to winning every case, often through intimidation rather than competence. He's by every measure a mediocre liar... err, lawyer... and certainly doesn't know how to chairman a committee in any manner that won't make him look like a pompous idiot.
        Jerry Nadler does better. He hates Trump too, but he's not completely stupid like Schiff. That's why you don't see him in the news at the moment. He recognizes the political danger the course Schiff is taking and Pelosi is allowing.

Right now, Pelosi and the other Minions of Ignorance in the Democrat party are saying an impeachment vote by mid December. Let's assume that happens. What's the likelihood that it isn't even party line with some Democrats voting against it and no Republicans voting for it? That is, it's similar to the inquiry vote that was just taken.

Sure, the Democrats impeach Trump at that point but they had no opposition party support and even lost some of their own members. Now, that goes to the Senate where it is shot down and Trump stays in office.

What's the Democrat's next move? They nominate some squirrel as their Presidential candidate. Let's say it's Warren. Maybe somebody further down the list like Buttigieg gets the nod from out of Left field (pun intended). Same thing. It would look very likely that Trump could be reelected and the Democrats f.... d up pursuing impeachment rather than run a solid candidate that wasn't a Progressive Leftist.

I could see the MSM and Democrats whining about what the hell went wrong come the day after the election.

It's not that I like Trump. But, rather that I despise the Democrats, Progressives, and Leftists for their idiocy. Yet, they can't fathom why most of America won't vote for them (geographically not by simple mob rule popular vote).

Comment

I'm not sure why people feel they need to remind us they don't like Trump. I didn't like Clinton or Reagan but I voted for them. Clinton was a crook and Reagan was senile. There is a line from a Rolling Stones song that has a bit of wisdom "you can't always get what you want but if you try real hard you can get what you need".

People have an amazing faith in their instincts (feelings). That our institutions are a reflection of those instincts is perhaps unavoidably. That the leaders of our first city states were likely religious figures should come as no surprise. It's no coincidence that religion often abstracts evolutionary principles that lead to positive group selection. It also shouldn't be surprising that as culture becomes more abstractly sophisticated that priests were replaced by kings. Nor should it be surprising that as culture becomes even more abstract that kings are replaced by presidents and council of elders replaced by a legislature.

There is an inherent tension between the abstract culture and the instinctual. We are evolved to live as egalitarianism tribes with a leader that is not so much the ultimate rule maker but a stabilizing presence. Their is little need for a rigid hierarchy in a tribal environment. Competency is not as important as group cohesion and the distribution of resources. Competition for mates may be intense but resources are sufficiently limited and transitory that complex planning and control of limited value.

With the introduction of agriculture the need for a rigid hierarchy based on competency and control capable of long term planning became evident. That was the first step away from an instinctual social structure. Intelligence not the ability to manipulate instincts became the key feature of leadership. Instincts would only evolve to fit the more abstract environment as an overlay on top of millions of years previously evolved emotions. The old instincts remained for egalitarianism and a comforting strongman.

Today the power of the abstract such as mathematics, science and finance are self evident but go largely unnoticed because as individuals we still exist as instinctual animals. Slight variations in those instincts create political predispositions. Those predispositions are influenced by environmental influences such as education, social status, traditions and ideologies. It is very easy for the instincts to get out of whack with the less visceral abstractions.

Democracy or mob rule is a throw back to a pre abstract world. Complexity and the need to maintain it mean that our instinct are increasingly unreliable. Complexity also requires a more rigid hierarchy of competence. Still we select leaders on the basis of the primitive predispositions for extroversion, empathy and appearance. Even when we select leaders based on intelligence it is verbal intelligence not the spatial intelligence that allows for long term planning. Barack Obama and Justin Trudeau are excellent examples. This preference for the yin over the yang is dangerous because it leads to chaos. Chaos as can be seen in the current descent of the Democratic Party into tribal or identity politics. A return to the hierarchy of competence within the abstract but practical domain of spacial relationships is called for. Those with the proper disposition will be disagreeable, conscientious, and open to ideas not congruent with an establishment that prefers form over function.
          We hunt the hunters

Comment

[/FONT][/COLOR][/CENTER]

More fantasy.

Comment

They don't seem to know the difference between an impeachment inquiry and the trial in the Senate, if the president is indeed impeached. It's worse than fantasy, it's partisan ignorance to the detriment of the country.
              We are not now that strength which in old days
              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                They don't seem to know the difference between an impeachment inquiry and the trial in the Senate
                Who are They?
                Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

Who are They?
                  Whomever you do not like at any given moment.
                  Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                    More fantasy.
                    What committees in the House other than Schiff's are holding impeachment hearings right now? Nadler's committee has largely been silent on this matter. Cumming's committee has pretty much dropped impeachment hearings since Cummings died. That leaves Schiff and his committee, who the Republican members have already held a vote of no confidence in Schiff, a rather rare and extreme measure to take.

Comment

What committees in the House other than Schiff's are holding impeachment hearings right now? Nadler's committee has largely been silent on this matter. Cumming's committee has pretty much dropped impeachment hearings since Cummings died. That leaves Schiff and his committee, who the Republican members have already held a vote of no confidence in Schiff, a rather rare and extreme measure to take.
                      I hear there are 3 committees, with republicans and democrats. All sharing in the impeachment process.
                      I'm also hearing republicans that are on those 3 committees aren't even showing up.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/gop-qu...ublic-hearings
                      https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/tr...es-2019-11-04/

Republicans have for weeks blasted the closed-door impeachment process, but transcripts released this week of private depositions show most GOP lawmakers on the three panels at the center of the probe have simply not shown up.

The low attendance for most committee Republicans paints a very different picture of a party that recently stormed the secure room where the depositions have been conducted, demanding to participate in the process. Republican questioning during these private interviews have been driven by a handful of President Donald Trump’s allies and GOP staff.
                      Last edited by inevtiab1e; 09 Nov 19, 17:38.

Comment

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
                        Because like him and all of his ilk, those Irrational haters within the Dem party and those contributing bile on some forums are 'Bleeping' nutcases.
                        ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                        All human ills he can subdue,
                        Or with a bauble or medal
                        Can win mans heart for you;
                        And many a blessing know to stew
                        To make a megloamaniac bright;
                        Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                        The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

I hear there are 3 committees, with republicans and democrats. All sharing in the impeachment process.
                          I'm also hearing republicans that are on those 3 committees aren't even showing up.

https://www.rollcall.com/news/gop-qu...ublic-hearings
                          https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/tr...es-2019-11-04/
                          Why should they? The committee chairmen, like Schiff, won't let them call witnesses, limit their questioning, often filibustering it and other times simply cutting them off. Schiff's committee Republicans have formally stated in writing that they have zero confidence in his process or the fairness of it and have formally asked for his resignation. That is extremely rare in the history of Congress.

I think this parody sums it up nicely...

Comment

Why should they? The committee chairmen, like Schiff, won't let them call witnesses, limit their questioning, often filibustering it and other times simply cutting them off. Schiff's committee Republicans have formally stated in writing that they have zero confidence in his process or the fairness of it and have formally asked for his resignation. That is extremely rare in the history of Congress.

I think this parody sums it up nicely...

I think you're getting information that isn't accurate.

Comment

I think you're getting information that isn't accurate.
                              I am shocked, shocked!

We are not now that strength which in old days
                              Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
                              Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
                              To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X