X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An example of Fox News Screwing Up with the term "PC"

https://www.foxnews.com/media/book-c...ma-white-house
    CIA staff complained about Obama White House, new book claims

The revelation comes in commentator Doug Wead's new book "Inside Trump's White House: The Real Story of His Presidency," which is set for release on Nov. 26. Wead cites an unnamed White House source who claims CIA officials leveled complaints against the Obama administration during a meeting with then-CIA director Mike Pompeo.

“Next thing they said was that, in the previous administration, they spent a lot of time in the White House doing nonstop PC [political correctness] meetings. They would have a meeting every week, and at the conclusion of the meeting there was always the suggestion, ‘Let’s meet again in two weeks.’ Nothing was ever resolved. Nothing was ever good enough," the book said, quoting the White House source.

The original article had to be edited after Fox News critics pointed out the facts. Now the article reflects these corrections by saying

EDITOR'S NOTE: An earlier version of this story accurately quoted the book as describing "PC" as standing for "politically correct" in characterizing certain Obama administration meetings. The author has since informed Fox News this was due to a misunderstanding between him and his source and that the initials referred to "Principals Committee."

​​​​​​​Of course, the author did not not "suddenly" inform Fox News that PC stood instead for "Principals Committee". It was the critics who informed Fox News which in turn went to the author to ask him about he issue.

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Originally posted by pamak View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/media/book-c...ma-white-house
    CIA staff complained about Obama White House, new book claims

The revelation comes in commentator Doug Wead's new book "Inside Trump's White House: The Real Story of His Presidency," which is set for release on Nov. 26. Wead cites an unnamed White House source who claims CIA officials leveled complaints against the Obama administration during a meeting with then-CIA director Mike Pompeo.

“Next thing they said was that, in the previous administration, they spent a lot of time in the White House doing nonstop PC [political correctness] meetings. They would have a meeting every week, and at the conclusion of the meeting there was always the suggestion, ‘Let’s meet again in two weeks.’ Nothing was ever resolved. Nothing was ever good enough," the book said, quoting the White House source.

The original article had to be edited after Fox News critics pointed out the facts. Now the article reflects these corrections by saying

EDITOR'S NOTE: An earlier version of this story accurately quoted the book as describing "PC" as standing for "politically correct" in characterizing certain Obama administration meetings. The author has since informed Fox News this was due to a misunderstanding between him and his source and that the initials referred to "Principals Committee."

​​​​​​​Of course, the author did not not "suddenly" inform Fox News that PC stood instead for "Principals Committee". It was the critics who informed Fox News which in turn went to the author to ask him about he issue.

And your proof of this assertion is...where?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

And your proof of this assertion is...where?
      In the OP

Fox News failed to vet the information it got and published the author's ridiculous claim.

By the way, did you notice the unnamed source from the anti-Obama "Deep State"?
      (Sarcasm intended)

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
      X