President Trump to make history

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Difference is it's OK if you're a Democrat like Clinton or Obama. However, even a Republican like Bush Jr. will get slammed because he was National Guard and never sent over to 'Nam.

It's all political partisan, even though many claim they aren't.
    Neither Clinton nor Obama faced Bush Jr. If you talk about Bush Jr and the Democrats to highlight the double standards, you need to contrast him to Kerry who was attacked even though he went to 'Nam and even though he earned a medal fighting there even though he could use his family connections to remain in the US. And he still lost to a president who at the time was shown that he had led the country to an unnecessary war in Iraq.
    Last edited by pamak; 06 Nov 19, 21:55.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

He'll do it, make it about himself, in some form, and then demand credit for the best Veteran's day parade in history.

Trump does a lot of things, not out of the kindness of his heart, not because it's the right thing to do. But, because it makes him more popular and feeds his ego.

But, as a President and not a friend, I just need him to do those right things. I don't particularly care what his motivation is.
      "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
      - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

Originally posted by TactiKill J. View Post
        Trump does a lot of things, not out of the kindness of his heart, not because it's the right thing to do. But, because it makes him more popular and feeds his ego.
        With the amount of money he gave to this group before he ran for office....I don't think it is feeding his ego.....it might be his way of making up for the bone spurs.... just a thought.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

With the amount of money he gave to this group before he ran for office....
          Are you sure it was his money?

Just breaking news

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...7de_story.html
          NEW YORK — A New York judge on Thursday ordered President Donald Trump to pay $2 million to an array of charities to resolve a lawsuit alleging he misused his own charitable foundation to further his political and business interests.

Judge Saliann Scarpulla said Trump breached his fiduciary duty to the Trump Foundation by allowing his campaign staff to plan a fundraiser for veterans’ charities in the run-up to the 2016 Iowa caucuses.
          The event, which passed money through Trump’s non-profit, was designed “to further Mr. Trump’s political campaign,” Scarpulla said.

The judge also signed off on agreements reached last month between Trump’s lawyers and the New York attorney general’s office to close the Trump Foundation and distribute about $1.7 million in remaining funds to other nonprofits.

In the agreements, Trump admitted to personally misusing Trump Foundation funds and agreed to pay back $11,525 in the organization’s funds he spent on sports memorabilia and champagne at a charity gala. He also agreed to restrictions on his involvement in other charitable organizations.
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Do you have proof that it wasn't his money or are you just starting another TDS lie?

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

Do you have proof that it wasn't his money or are you just starting another TDS lie?

I asked you a question.

Having a charity organization that gives money to a cause does not mean that this money comes from the founder's pocket.

Comment

Just breaking news

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...7de_story.html
                NEW YORK — A New York judge on Thursday ordered President Donald Trump to pay $2 million to an array of charities to resolve a lawsuit alleging he misused his own charitable foundation to further his political and business interests.

Judge Saliann Scarpulla said Trump breached his fiduciary duty to the Trump Foundation by allowing his campaign staff to plan a fundraiser for veterans’ charities in the run-up to the 2016 Iowa caucuses.
                The event, which passed money through Trump’s non-profit, was designed “to further Mr. Trump’s political campaign,” Scarpulla said.

The judge also signed off on agreements reached last month between Trump’s lawyers and the New York attorney general’s office to close the Trump Foundation and distribute about $1.7 million in remaining funds to other nonprofits.

In the agreements, Trump admitted to personally misusing Trump Foundation funds and agreed to pay back $11,525 in the organization’s funds he spent on sports memorabilia and champagne at a charity gala. He also agreed to restrictions on his involvement in other charitable organizations.
                Thanks for providing the proof. There's always an ulterior motive with Trump and that motive revolves around himself. He's the most superficial president we've ever had.
                "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
                - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

I thought he wanted out of NY and preferred Florida. Whatever, I hope they have nice weather for the parade.

Comment

For some added context;

Editing Donald Trump

What I saw as the editor of “The Art of the Deal,” the book that made the future President millions of dollars and turned him into a national figure.

https://www.newyorker.com/culture/pe...=pocket-newtab

Comment

Grabbing women by the pussy, bone spurs, stealing from a charity and insulting POWs..... And the bankruptcies

What an idol you lot have chosen.
                      Last edited by Jutland; 07 Nov 19, 15:24.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                        15,000 in your face lies and your still standing or kneeling believing everything he says or does.
                        Where were you when millions of Americans were worshipping our closet Muslim anti-American president, Obama?
                        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Where were you when millions of Americans were worshipping our closet Muslim anti-American president, Obama?
                          You still believe Obama is a Muslim...

lololol

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Laughing at you?

Comment

If you go back through the threads prior to the 2016 election you will find Trump had very few supporters here. With that in mind it seems unlikely that had he failed to attempt to fulfill his promises he would be being defended by the same people here today. The idea that people have been taken in by his "lies" seems without merit and frankly rather insane. What is becoming apparent is that the opposition is more narrow minded than the coalition of conservative, libertarians and classical liberals who are likely to reelect him.

The anti Trump movement seems reminiscent of other moral panics that turned out to be largely based on emotion not evidence. The people that so strongly opposed the religious right for their "bigotry" have become the church ladies and gossips of this panic. They are hypocritically applying their moral principles to promote a moral panic that like the satanist panic of a few decades ago has lost all sense of reality. Digging through everything Trump has said in the last decade is reminiscent of what seemingly sane public officials were doing to uncover the secret tunnels where Satanists did their dastardly deeds. The reality is simply too mundane for their self importance. Decades of failed public policy not Trump's evil lies is what propelled him into the presidency. It's time for the anti Trumpers to really look at themselves in the mirror.
                              We hunt the hunters

Comment

I asked you a question.

Having a charity organization that gives money to a cause does not mean that this money comes from the founder's pocket.
                                You must be referring to the Clinton Foundation...and in that case the cause would be....the Clintons.
                                ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
                                IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• casanova
                                  Robi P.
                                  by casanova
                                  The Austrian soldier Toni P. of the Radetzky barack in Horn Nether Austria was forced by his commander to make an march with his comrades in 3th August...
                                  Today, 02:27
                                • casanova
                                  Beirut
                                  by casanova
                                  Gigantic explosion in the city of Beirut. 70 people were killed and 2750 men were heavy hurted. The explosion was like atomic bomb. The cause of that...
                                  Today, 00:47
                                • casanova
                                  Nuclear battleheads.
                                  by casanova
                                  A secret UNO report declares, that North Korea owns already nuclear battleheads for tactical rockets....
                                  Yesterday, 23:58
                                Working...
                                X