Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• President Trump to make history

This should be interesting..........

"He wrote a ginormous check, saved the Veterans Day Parade. He was honored at the Pentagon way back then," White continued. "He has been a friend to our veterans for many, many, many years... We are so grateful to our president. We have a great commander-in-chief. There's going to be 30,000 veterans, 400 military units... and it’s our 100th anniversary."

Every year, for 25 years, veterans have extended an open invitation to the sitting president to attend, but Trump is the first one to commit to making an actual appearance.

McGowan and White also credited Trump for taking an interest in veterans affairs, specifically corruption and problems within America's VA hospitals.

"The president has done more for our veterans in the last three years than what so many of us have been trying to do for decades," White said.

"The choice that he's giving veterans to be able to go to a doctor and not have to wait on a line and potentially die -- we lost a lot of veterans to... bad incidence at the VA," he added. "He's also getting rid of employees at the VA who aren’t taking care of veterans. So he's doing a lot."

https://www.foxnews.com/media/presid...ans-parade-nyc
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

But "bone-spur" Trump hates the military and veterans* ...

* per some of our enlightened ones posting here.
    Last edited by G David Bock; 06 Nov 19, 16:45.

Comment

He's still a draft-dodger and a coward.
      We are not now that strength which in old days
      Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
      Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
      To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

Comment

15,000 in your face lies and your still standing or kneeling believing everything he says or does.
        "Ask not what your country can do for you"

Left wing, Right Wing same bird that they are killing.

you’re entitled to your own opinion but not your own facts.

Comment

It's NFL patriotism: fake, plastic and self serving.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
            As was Clinton, major difference is that this veteran's organization is saying that he done more for veterans in the past 3 years than what many of them have been trying to do for decades.

See the difference?
            "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
              15,000 in your face lies and your still standing or kneeling believing everything he says or does.
              Why do you feel the need to attack those veterans?

Comment

Originally posted by Jutland View Post
                It's NFL patriotism: fake, plastic and self serving.
                How is Trump's fixing of the VA self serving?

He isn't a veteran.

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

As was Clinton, major difference is that this veteran's organization is saying that he done more for veterans in the past 3 years than what many of them have been trying to do for decades.

See the difference?
                  The difference is that Trump cares more about the medical treatment of veterans while at the same time he cares less about the medical coverage of other Americans who have become uninsured with Trump being president. Predictable...
                  My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

The difference is that Trump cares more about the medical treatment of veterans while at the same time he cares less about the medical coverage of other Americans who have become uninsured with Trump being president. Predictable...
                    I'm sure that Half Pint John and Messena will be happy to know that Trump cares about veterans. Thanks for pointing that out.

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
                      And your hero Obama's military service was ... ???

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

Still less harm to those uninsured* citizens than Obama whom was going to hit them with stiff tax penalties for not having insurance.
                        * Never mind that ObamaCare often drove insurers out of the market and left no one for those uninsured to go to for coverage.

BTW, medical care due to veterans is part of the contract of pay-n-benefits they signed up for, so have earned.

Comment

I'm sure that Half Pint John and Messena will be happy to know that Trump cares about veterans. Thanks for pointing that out.
                          I have no reason to believe that Trump does not care about them, especially since they belong to a demographic that can give him many votes. I do not know enough about the VA to judge if there have been the positive changes that veterans were seeking for decades. I am taking such comments with a grain of salt because the speaker recognizes that stroking Trump's ego is something that can convince him to provide even more benefits. So the claim may be just a hyperbole. I have heard though that there was some for of debate about the VA coverage and abut some measures which were seen as the first steps for partially privatizing it. But I will let the VA recipients here talk about these issues.
                          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

See the difference?
                            Difference is it's OK if you're a Democrat like Clinton or Obama. However, even a Republican like Bush Jr. will get slammed because he was National Guard and never sent over to 'Nam.

It's all political partisan, even though many claim they aren't.

Comment

Originally posted by Half Pint John View Post
                              And you can provide us that list of 15,000.
                              BTW, my post you liked was tongue in cheek ...

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X