X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rand Paul Endorses Breaking Federal Law

Rand Paul is a moron:

https://news.yahoo.com/republicans-b...l&uh_test=1_02

Standing beside President Donald Trump on Monday night, Sen. Rand Paul called for the media to unmask the Ukraine whistleblower and was cheered by rallygoers in Kentucky.

“Do your job and print his name!” Paul said as the president clapped and looked on approvingly.

On Tuesday, the Kentucky Republican went a step further, threatening to reveal the name himself.

But many of Paul’s colleagues oppose the idea of exposing the identity of the person who helped launch the impeachment drive by detailing Trump’s call with the Ukrainian president.

Senior Senate Republicans are worried about the precedent it would set, fearing government sources would be less likely to reveal wrongdoing in future presidencies.

They also have a simpler concern: not breaking the law.

“We should follow the law. And I believe the law protects whistleblowers,” said Sen. Lamar Alexander (R-Tenn.).
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

What law would being broken?

If a law was being broken, how was it being broken?
    "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

lI think when Lamar Alexander stated that "...the law protects whistle blowers.", he meant that they would suffer no repercussions from whomever he snitched on. I don't believe it says anything about not revealing who the purported whistle blower may be.
      ARRRR! International Talk Like A Pirate Day - September 19th
      IN MARE IN COELO

Comment

Originally posted by Jose50 View Post
        lI think when Lamar Alexander stated that "...the law protects whistle blowers.", he meant that they would suffer no repercussions from whomever he snitched on. I don't believe it says anything about not revealing who the purported whistle blower may be.
        That is my understanding of it also; no repercussions. Holding the whistleblower accountable for his or her claim seems legal to me..... If the law was meant to not hold the whistleblower accountable....anyone with a grudge could get away with false statements.

I am interested to see what our resident sea lawyer has to say about this.
        "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post
          ...Rand Paul is a moron...

Kinda-sorta.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
          X