Another Statute for the Impeachment Articles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

sadly you don't understand what I'm talking about.
    I've expressed no political or personal opinions about the outcome.

I have explained how the law works and how to apply it to the situation at issue.
    You didn't comment on either. Likely because you don't understand.
    Your only problem is my point that if the alleged victim doesn't support the charge, there is a problem in prosecution for that charge.
    You will note that trump and politics have nothing to do with that statement.

But I know when I've been bested by superior legal analysis.
    Oh wait, you didn't do any of that. never mind.
    I will let you bask in the glory of your prejudices and inabilty to comprehend what I was talking about and let you remain certain you've crushed me.
    ta-ta

By the way, you did exactly as I predicted didn't you.
    Facts still matter and you cannot get away from them. The line below is your personal judgment call aka opinion

The personal belief of the Ukrainian is more important than anyone else"

Just because you do not admit it is your personal opinion, it does not make it a legal fact of your cartoonist "legal analysis"

And the prosecution can go after crimes even when the victim cannot for some reason cooperate, either because the victim is blackmailed or because it is a baby and cannot talk or a small child which is afraid or whatever. In those cases the testimonies of other witnesses will be more important than what the victim says.

As I told you, you fail miserably the critical thinking test when you are incapable of understanding how Trump's power over political issues linked to Ukraine's vital national interests affect the public statements of its leaders!

By the way, if it makes you feel better, I will give you points for predicting that I would expose the irrationality of your partisan thinking which you call "legal analysis"
    Last edited by pamak; 07 Nov 19, 15:49.
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

You do not follow the conversation
      I am following the conversation, Biden is clearly guilty of quid pro quo.

"I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Originally posted by Nichols View Post

When you decide to actually quote me in full when I address your points, then I may change my mind. Until then, your silly one line (often not a full sentence) quotes you choose to address my points show that you do not want to follow the conversation I try to have
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Not according to the evidence at hand or the experts opinions.....

​​​​​​Sorry

Comment

Originally posted by Jutland View Post

Not according to the evidence at hand or the experts opinions.....

​​​​​​Sorry
            Evidence and reasoning is not part of any discussion involving Trump cultists.
            But it is okay!
            I said from the beginning that this impeachment process will be fun to watch.
            The evidence for Trump's impeachment is so damning that grown men are forced to use preschool "logic" and naivete in order to defend their leader.

Comment

No, he was a member of the legal team. There are even statements specifically about it clarifying that he was not hired as a lawyer.
              He was member of the board of directors

Burisma Holdings press release says otherwise.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukra...plained-2019-9
              • At the time, a news release from the company said Hunter would be "in charge of the Holdings' legal unit and will provide support for the Company among international organizations."
              https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ntment-to.html

Comment

Originally posted by Freebird View Post
                Burisma Holdings press release says otherwise.

https://www.businessinsider.com/ukra...plained-2019-9
                • At the time, a news release from the company said Hunter would be "in charge of the Holdings' legal unit and will provide support for the Company among international organizations."
                https://www.documentcloud.org/docume...ntment-to.html
                So, he was a board member and was not hired as a lawyer as I said but does say that he was in charge of the legal unit.
                Still, there was not any ongoing investigation at the time.

By the way, his position now seems to be relevant to his occupation as a lawyer and he could certainly provide support for the company in international organizations as the statement says.
                Last edited by pamak; 08 Nov 19, 02:20.

Comment

Still, there was not any ongoing investigation at the time.
                  Nope, also incorrect.
                  The case against Burisma was not closed until Jan 2017, after they paid a UAH 180 million fine.

"In mid-January (2017), Burisma Group announced that all cases against its president, Nikolay Zlochevskyi, and Burisma companies were fully closed"

https://www.kyivpost.com/business-wi...?cn-reloaded=1

Comment

Nope, also incorrect.
                    The case against Burisma was not closed until Jan 2017, after they paid a UAH 180 million fine.

"In mid-January (2017), Burisma Group announced that all cases against its president, Nikolay Zlochevskyi, and Burisma companies were fully closed"

https://www.kyivpost.com/business-wi...?cn-reloaded=1
                    I said there was not an ongoing investigation at the time the Biden was pressuring for the removal of the prosecutor. Your link has nothing to do with what I said.

And something else, the criminal investigation were against the founder (president) of the company whose main lawyer according to your link was

An American lawyer and former U.S. Deputy Assistant Attorney General, John Buretta, was one of the key attorneys on Mr. Zlochevskyi’s defense team.

Last edited by pamak; 08 Nov 19, 02:43.

Comment

I said there was not an ongoing investigation at the time the Biden was pressuring for the removal of the prosecutor. Your link has nothing to do with what I said.
                      Shokin claims otherwise, as do some of his subordinates in the prosecutors office.

There was an open case.
                      Open case = ongoing investigation.

it may have been dormant for some time, but it's "ongoing" until it's closed

Comment

Shokin claims otherwise, as do some of his subordinates in the prosecutors office.

There was an open case.
                        Open case = ongoing investigation.

it may have been dormant for some time, but it's "ongoing" until it's closed
                        Shokin is the one that everybody (IMF, NGOs, US and EU countries) wanted to be removed because he was not interested in fighting corruption.. And yes, "dormat" is the word which is appropriate for Shokin.

But hey, if you can find any evidence that there was something that was moving AT THAT TIME, feel free to post it with the date.

By the way, since you missed the information I added, the key lawyer according to your link was not Biden.

An American lawyer and former U.S. Deputy Assistant Attorney General, John Buretta, was one of the key attorneys on Mr. Zlochevskyi’s defense team.

Here is the link of his company

https://www.cravath.com/jburetta/

Of course, Trump is not interested about his name. Can you guess why?

Last edited by pamak; 08 Nov 19, 03:13.

Comment

And something else: The investigations of Burisma were related to the period between 2010-2012. This was wayyy before Hunter got a seating's the company's board of directors

https://en.interfax.com.ua/news/general/615671.html

The National Anti-Corruption Bureau of Ukraine (NABU) is investigating criminal proceedings on the fact of misconduct by officials of the Ministry of Ecology when issuing special permits for the use of mineral resources to enterprises founded by Burisma Limited in 2010-2012, that is, the investigation does not cover 2014 when changes in the company's board took place, NABU said.

"The events that NABU's detectives are investigating in this case cover only the period 2010-2012. The changes that took place on the board of Burisma Limited, which have now become the focus of international attention, occurred only in May 2014, therefore they are not and will not be the subject of a probe by NABU," the Bureau said on Facebook on Friday.

In May 2014, U.S. Vice President Joe Biden's son, Hunter Biden, became a member of the Board of Directors at Burisma Limited.

Comment

Shokin is the one that everybody (IMF, NGOs, US and EU countries) wanted to be removed because he was not interested in fighting corruption.. And yes, "dormat" is the word which is appropriate for Shokin.
                            Shokin claims that Poroshenko stymied corruption investigations.

Regarding Ukraine, I wouldn't take anything at face value, without further investigation.

By the way, since you missed the information I added, the key lawyer according to your link was not Biden.

Here is the link of his company

https://www.cravath.com/jburetta/

Of course, Trump is not interested about his name. Can you guess why?
                            Trump is far more corrupt than Biden by an order of magnitude.

Comment

Good description of what Biden did but he is no longer in office. How will you hold him accountable?
                              What did Biden do? Check with Hannity and get back to us with links and supporting evidence.

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
                                What did Biden do? Check with Hannity and get back to us with links and supporting evidence.
                                He had the guy fired that was going after the company that his son worked for, his own words:

https://www.wsj.com/video/opinion-jo...3CA0E81D8.html
                                "I don't discuss sitting presidents," Mattis tells NPR in an interview. "I believe that you owe a period of quiet."

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X