Any Republicans here getting "Trump fatigue"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cambronnne View Post

How could a conservative actually consider anyone from the other side, when the dem agenda is so antagonistic to conservative beliefs.

The dem party can only call me racist and ignorant so many times before I begin to think that maybe they don't like me.
    Oh I can answer that because at least it not my team being the idiots. For conservatives we would of been way better with Hillary in office and having the house and senate and then winning presidenancy in 2020

There is no way Hillary would of expanded the excutuve branches power as Trump has.

Comment

Originally posted by craven View Post

Oh I can answer that because at least it not my team being the idiots. For conservatives we would of been way better with Hillary in office and having the house and senate and then winning presidenancy in 2020

There is no way Hillary would of expanded the excutuve branches power as Trump has.
      You're right! Hillary would have far more grossly expanded executive branch power and abused it in criminal ways we've never seen a President do it before.

Comment

So your subjective belief that Hillary would just be better should be given greater weight to a conservative voter than Hillary's actual posiitons on issues?
        I will play the role of a typical conservative voter and consider 6 of Hillary's top ten promises.
        from politicfact
        https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-m...aign-promises/

I will paraphrase to save space.

1) Eliminate college tuition for a family making less than $125,000.
        Why would a conservative support free college? College isn't a right and the cost of this program will be enormous. But it will benefit teacher's unions. Gee, I wonder if that is the real point.
        2) Immigration reform.
        At what point should a conservative expect that such a phrase would involve enforcing the existing laws or stopping "sanctuary" states and cities? Conservatives don't really support open borders.
        3)"Stand up to Republican-led attacks on this landmark (health care) law—and build on its success to bring the promise of affordable health care to more people and make a ‘public option’ possible."
        I quoted that promise because the concept that conservatives would support something like that was too funny to even discuss. Although I thought Obama fixed healthcare. Why does it need to be fixed again so soon? Did someone lie to me?
        4) "We will do everything we can to overturn Citizens United."
        Citizens united is consistent with the 1st Amendment. If teacher's unions and auto unions (corporations) are allowed to spend money on politics why not everyone else? The problem with citizens united is it allowed conservatives to get into the game. Sorry, we won't support that promise.
        5) Fighting for equal pay.
        Nope. I believe that people should be paid what they are worth. The "fight for 15" seems to have led to a lot of unemployment by previously employed low skilled workers.
        6) No increase in middle class taxes.
        Trump cut them. I think conservatives prefer that.

I will skip the last 4, but I think my point is clear.
        If you are concerned about the unidentified expansion of executive power, I suspect you were equally upset by Obama's.
        (See DACA and his promise of a "pen and a phone")
        Avatar is General Gerard, courtesy of Zouave.

Churchill to Chamberlain: you had a choice between war and dishonor. You chose dishonor, and you will have war.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
          Not "fatigue", but I'm getting an itchy rash every time a Democrat opens their mouth.
          Fur Cleaner and Brush Kit: FurSource.com

https://www.fursource.com/fur-cleaner-and-brush-kit-p-2539.html
          3 piece fur cleaning kit 1 spray bottle 4 oz (120ml) 1 bottle of Eucalan fur and sheepskin cleaner (100ml) 1 Wire brush Does not contain bleach or enzymes Natural - no added chemicals Contains natural lanolin - maintains health of fur and sheepskin Free of odors Suitable for spot cleaning fur Can be used to machine or hand wash sheepskin.

The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by craven

your not actually thinking are ya. Hillary better than Trump yep because Trump done everything I as a conservative really hate anyways and probally going to vote Dem just because the Reps in Washington currently have not done what conservatives should be doing. Limiting the presidential power. (At no point would Hillary of been claiming the vast swaths of predential power that trump is) I mean excutive privlage no longer has to be asserted by the president just any joe blow can claim it .

But the other point which is the important part. Trump is pretty much destroyed the conservative movment because he has tarred it with so much dirt that other than being strong in certain areas of the US it will always lose out.

So assume Hillary won. well with a republican check in congress would of been a better president than Trump. She also would of more than likely been a one term president

Hillary would of at least got something worthwhile passed like infrastructure and more than likely Tax reform not just tax cuts.
            No she wouldn't have been. Hillary as First Lady, then SoS, has shown herself to be a duplicitous, mendacious, criminal, and downright evil martinet. As First Lady she used the FBI to gather intelligence on her enemies. In both capacities she freely, frivolously, and often with criminal intent circumvented or ignored laws and rules on a whole plethora of things including the most sensitive national security issues.

We saw how this would play out in the Benghazi scandal. Hillary wouldn't bother to answer the phone and would then put the blame on others for what she did.

The worst part of a Hillary presidency would be she'd appoint more federal judges. We're already seeing the results of eight years of Obama doing that with some of the most biased, unhinged, and partisan judicial decisions against Trump in the federal courts all by Obama and Clinton appointees. That would screw things up for decades to come.

We'd likely also see a repeat of "Chinagate" and the bribing of a presidency by other nations on a damn near daily basis. Maybe we could get a repeat of a Janet Reno being Attorney General and starting a war against the radical Right for no good reason. This time, maybe it would end worse than the Oklahoma City bombing and Waco.

Hillary would have been far, far worse as President than Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

No she wouldn't have been. Hillary as First Lady, then SoS, has shown herself to be a duplicitous, mendacious, criminal, and downright evil martinet. As First Lady she used the FBI to gather intelligence on her enemies. In both capacities she freely, frivolously, and often with criminal intent circumvented or ignored laws and rules on a whole plethora of things including the most sensitive national security issues.

We saw how this would play out in the Benghazi scandal. Hillary wouldn't bother to answer the phone and would then put the blame on others for what she did.

The worst part of a Hillary presidency would be she'd appoint more federal judges. We're already seeing the results of eight years of Obama doing that with some of the most biased, unhinged, and partisan judicial decisions against Trump in the federal courts all by Obama and Clinton appointees. That would screw things up for decades to come.

We'd likely also see a repeat of "Chinagate" and the bribing of a presidency by other nations on a damn near daily basis. Maybe we could get a repeat of a Janet Reno being Attorney General and starting a war against the radical Right for no good reason. This time, maybe it would end worse than the Oklahoma City bombing and Waco.

Hillary would have been far, far worse as President than Trump.
              See this is the problem. You are considering things in a vacuum Hillary understands how to govern unlike trump and AOC
              She would of done the possible Why because the republicans wouldn't of let her do anything more.

Actually I disagree I think some of the Obama appointees have been on the right path when it comes to limiting the powers of the president in a lot of cases. The problem is the founders never imagined an a Trump like figure and a compliant congress at the same time. I mean why not let someones words be used against them in a court of law. Intent of laws is just as important as the laws. or do you support jim crow laws I mean in general they were legitmate law but there intent was the issue.

See all of that negative stuff you say about what could occur durning a Clinton presidentancy are peanuts compared to the harm Trump is doing. Trump has pretty much made it so when a dem is in office all those thing you would not want them doing is an automatic with no checks.

Comment

See this is the problem. You are considering things in a vacuum Hillary understands how to govern unlike trump and AOC
                She would of done the possible Why because the republicans wouldn't of let her do anything more.
                I'm considering things based on her lifetime accomplishments, often as crude and criminal as they are. I think Trump could have been predicted to be a bloviating troll with a zeppelin sized ego.

Actually I disagree I think some of the Obama appointees have been on the right path when it comes to limiting the powers of the president in a lot of cases. The problem is the founders never imagined an a Trump like figure and a compliant congress at the same time. I mean why not let someones words be used against them in a court of law. Intent of laws is just as important as the laws. or do you support jim crow laws I mean in general they were legitmate law but there intent was the issue.
                Except, that they've been overturned on appeal in higher courts nearly 100% of the time because their rulings aren't made on solid law or case law but rather by ruling against Trump because they don't like what he's doing.

See all of that negative stuff you say about what could occur durning a Clinton presidentancy are peanuts compared to the harm Trump is doing. Trump has pretty much made it so when a dem is in office all those thing you would not want them doing is an automatic with no checks.
                You might want to go back and revisit the eight Clinton years he was in office.

Comment

I'm considering things based on her lifetime accomplishments, often as crude and criminal as they are. I think Trump could have been predicted to be a bloviating troll with a zeppelin sized ego.

Except, that they've been overturned on appeal in higher courts nearly 100% of the time because their rulings aren't made on solid law or case law but rather by ruling against Trump because they don't like what he's doing.

You might want to go back and revisit the eight Clinton years he was in office.
                  At the supreme court lvl and that because imo the conservative judges are wrong on this one Not really for any ill purpose. but with these guy black would be second class citizens still

So the wife is responsible for the Husband got it.

But even so still better than just three years of Trump. I mean hes is the only president to be named in criminal conspiracy. ie
                  He gives no money to charity and actually steals it instead.
                  The Lincoln bedroom was bad but Trump using a whole hotel lol
                  Money from the chinesse was bad but hows this whole having the Russians campaign for you thing work. (notice how Trump keeps giving things to Putins)

Also between Bill and Don who had a better economy. Bill lower defciets and people actually made a living wage

And even more funny is you keep mentioning Hillary I mean the Republicans are the idiots who let Donald get nominated.

Comment

Actually, I'm getting "(fill in here: Impeach, vilify, hate, finger-point, anti-, etc.) Trump" fatigue. The MSM is nearly 100% negative in their reporting on this administration. Nothing Trump or his administration does can be given any credit, even when well deserved.

The Democrats are doing the same. Impeach Trump is a hot topic even in their 2020 presidential campaign which might best be characterized at this point as a 'schizophrenic Chinese fire drill.'

Just the constant bleating, hair on fire, gnashing of teeth that the MSM and Democrats do over Trump has worn thin. I just tune it out now. Okay, the guy's an Olympics class troll and a bloviating braggard with a streak of impulsiveness as wide as an LA freeway. That doesn't make him "the worst President ever..." or impeachable, or a criminal, or some devious super villain.

But, given the link in the OP is to the Daily Beast I think this is what they're really talking about rather than Republicans tiring of Trump in the sense they claim.

Propaganda. It works on some people.

It is nice to know you get your 'news' from social media. Perfect bait for Russian trolls. They're coming for you again in 2020

Just make it up!
                    https://www.apnews.com/afs:Content:2342583504

Comment

THREAD LOCKED FOR REPEATED PERSONAL ATTACKS FROM MEMBERS WHO SHOULD KNOW BETTER.

Here's another tip to take in. Insulting someone via meme is not a work around for attacking the poster and not the post.

Thank you ACG Staff

Comment

After cleaning the last page of offending posts thread is now reopening.
                        Repeat behaviour in this thread from any poster will result in further action.
                        Address the post and not the poster.
                        Thank you
                        ACG Staff

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                        X