Any Republicans here getting "Trump fatigue"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by slick_miester View Post

I'm going to have ask for a source on that one -- other than Dick Morris. I've met Dick Morris, more than once, and I can tell you from personal observation that the guy's every bit as slimy as the Clinton's he derides. I needed a friggin' shower after that first interview, fer cryin' out loud.
    I thought it was funny.... And believable!

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

This comes from the party which has been using the term welfare queens since at least the 1980's.

Wait and see how history will describe Trump supporters.
      We don't have to.

"Deplorables"

"Cling to their bibles and guns..."

Comment

No Trump fatigue. Lying, biased new sources and idiotic leftist anti-US insanity fatigue...yes.
        The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparlingo View Post

I'm inclined to conclude that Republicans here are still backing Trump and I agree that the lack of decorum preceded him.
          Most definitely. They will back him regardless of what he does. Just as democrats backed Obama regardless of what he did. That's what makes American politics fatiguing imo.
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
          - Benjamin Franklin

The new right wing: hate Muslims, preaches tolerance for Nazis.

Comment

You all needed to be here back in the Summer of 1968 and in Chicago when the DNC had their convention. It was there and then that the "AntiFa" of that day began to show the true colors of the USA Left Wing(LW)("Liberals" and Regressives) and from which would come many whom now are the "leadership" of our Loonie-Left, a.k.a. the Democrats.

A reminder BTW that there is one Party which for decades to centuries has used and abused "minorities" via it's support for slavery, segregation, Jim Crow Laws, etc.; and continues today to abuse "minorities" as political pawns ~~~ Thank you Democrats.
            TANSTAAFL = There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
              You all needed to be here back in the Summer of 1968 and in Chicago when the DNC had their convention. It was there and then that the "AntiFa" of that day began to show the true colors of the USA Left Wing(LW)("Liberals" and Regressives) and from which would come many whom now are the "leadership" of our Loonie-Left, a.k.a. the Democrats.

A reminder BTW that there is one Party which for decades to centuries has used and abused "minorities" via it's support for slavery, segregation, Jim Crow Laws, etc.; and continues today to abuse "minorities" as political pawns ~~~ Thank you Democrats.
              Summer of 1968?

Nobody needs to go back then to realize that the claims you try to make about today's situation are absurd. If the next Democratic president makes a decision to insult conservative voters and the press and refuses to backpedal, then you may have a case.

If you are willing to go far back in the past, you should recall the conservative "Antifa" which was throwing rocks against kids in school buses just because they did not want to have blacks near them. At least , the 1960's leftist "Antifa" was about ending a war and saving US lives. They were "America first" a few decades before conservatives like you "discovered" the concept.

A reminder BTW that the Democrats who supported slavery are the heroes of modern whining conservatives who try to defend the South's "cultural heritage" while they wave confederate flags and protect confederate monuments.
              Last edited by pamak; 23 Oct 19, 19:53.
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

We don't have to.

"Deplorables"

"Cling to their bibles and guns..."
                Not even close... I guess their mistake was that they tried to backpedal. When people do not appreciate that gesture, they give no incentive to the next Democratic president to retain some level of civility.
                My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Well the purpose of the thread is to gage whether Republican opinion here concerning Trump is starting to shift, not to debate which party is to blame for all that ails.
                  First of all, the article in the OP is a wishful thinking piece (by the anti -Trump media) the divide in this Country has existed since the late 60s, but I admit that has gotten worse during the Trump administration, because of a lost election that democRats and the MEDIA thought was in the bag, NO REPUBLICAN challenger could have won that race except Trump because they were ALL too timid to stand up to the democRat POLITICAL MACHINE, Trump is either too dumb, or too much of a Bully to do that, and someone needed to, that's why people like me support his (not his persona) but his policies I am not a registered republican but I vote that way because I have no other choice, re Your question, see the first sentence in my post.
                  Republicans are not going to abandon Trump, END of Story!
                  Trying hard to be the Man, that my Dog believes I am!

Comment

Not "fatigue", but I'm getting an itchy rash every time a Democrat opens their mouth.
                    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
                      This comes from the party which has been using the term welfare queens since at least the 1980's.

Wait and see how history will describe Trump supporters.
                      As loyal and patriotic Americans. But how will they describe you?
                      Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

My conclusion as well, things are going to get very messy methinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Trung Si View Post

First of all, the article in the OP is a wishful thinking piece (by the anti -Trump media) the divide in this Country has existed since the late 60s, but I admit that has gotten worse during the Trump administration, because of a lost election that democRats and the MEDIA thought was in the bag, NO REPUBLICAN challenger could have won that race except Trump because they were ALL too timid to stand up to the democRat POLITICAL MACHINE, Trump is either too dumb, or too much of a Bully to do that, and someone needed to, that's why people like me support his (not his persona) but his policies I am not a registered republican but I vote that way because I have no other choice, re Your question, see the first sentence in my post.
                          I believe you are conflating Trump-supporters and Republicans when they are two entirely different groups of people that may share some overlapping.

Many Republicans have abandoned Trump, many of them BEFORE before the 2016 election or even before he became the GOP nominee. How many Republican in office consistently defend Trump versus how the Dems circle the wagons and go Spartan 300 for anything Clinton or Obama? The Republican politicians as a whole has no backbone, and by extension then......neither has the GOP.

The reality is that politicians in general look out for their own political necks and career longevity, and party-affiliated voters are either hardcore towers of party-line or actually actually think for themselves.

There is no Trump fatigue. Only MSM fake news fatigue and Trump-bashers that drank the kool-aid fatigue.

ACG is fairly mild when it comes to members voicing political ire because we are a forum populated mostly by members that have a more than average interest in history, but if you go to some of the forums that are founded on politics, you can really see the blindness that causes so much hate and total lack of reasoning by those that are afflicted with TDS.

Flag: USA / Location: West Coast

Prayers.

BoRG

http://img204.imageshack.us/img204/8757/snap1ws8.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PtsX_Z3CMU

Comment

let me expand on that and I am not making a partisan judgement here. It seems probable that impeachment will go to the senate. There are 2 possibilities from there. 1- Trump will be acquitted or 2-he will be removed after losing an Impeachment trial. If he is acquitted there will be a lot of protest, screams and howls, but the voters could then decide at the ballot box in a fairly short time. If he is Impeached and removed I see that it's possible that most Republicans will continue to support him to the bitter end and beyond. This suggests that major civil unrest is a possibility with the rock solid support of 40% of the population. Am I getting carried away about that? Or will a good chunk of Republicans accept the verdict if it goes against him? Again, I am not making any judgment here about the merits of a Trump impeachment, just speculating on what could happen.

Comment

Why should they at this point? The Democrats have nothing on him of substance that will get them onboard with impeachment. The Democrat Presidential candidates are a bunch of losers that even Democrats are starting to admit are mostly seriously flawed. The Republicans also see that it's likely the Democrats will lose ground in Congress over impeachment.

Why should they not back Trump?

Comment

The upcoming election will tell. Either the voters will toss out the RINOs and Democrats that are obsessed with undoing the 2012 elections, or the country will allow the Pelosi Democrats to win and turn the country into a Venezuela style dictatorship.
                                “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                                X