Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California Governor Pardons Illegal Criminals To Block Deportations

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • California Governor Pardons Illegal Criminals To Block Deportations

    This is what is wrong with America:

    California Gov. Gavin Newsom announced Friday he’s pardoning three immigrants who've been convicted of crimes as part of an effort to protect them from deportation to their home countries.
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/cal...ns-deportation
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

  • #2
    Illegal immigrants? Says they immigrated legally.

    The three men -- originally from El Salvador, Iran and Cambodia --- broke the law as teens or young adults, served their sentences and have taken steps to rehabilitate themselves, the governor’s office said.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
      Illegal immigrants? Says they immigrated legally.
      LOLOLOL

      Indeed!

      His bias is obvious!

      He read what he wanted to read...
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by pamak View Post

        LOLOLOL

        Indeed!

        His bias is obvious!

        He read what he wanted to read...
        Yep, the Fox link doesn't even say illegal in the headline. The OP just assumed it. That's the power of propaganda. Makes people automatically assume things that aren't really there.

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
          Yep, the Fox link doesn't even say illegal in the headline. The OP just assumed it. That's the power of propaganda. Makes people automatically assume things that aren't really there.
          And it does not even say illegal anywhere in the article
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

          Comment


          • #6
            Well, as long as they stay in California... That way if they commit any new crimes, it'll happen where it should happen. As for their immigration status, that appears to be mixed. Some came legally, others illegally.

            Comment


            • #7
              Technically…they are in the US illegally. Once they committed their felonies, they violated immigration law and became deportable. If you are deportable, you don’t belong here. Therefore, they are here illegally.

              Legal immigrants have the right to be in the United States, such rights depend entirely on them following certain rules and avoiding certain types of legal violations. The U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act (at I.N.A. Section 237) sets forth numerous grounds upon which a non-citizen may be deported (removed) back to the person’s country of origin.

              "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

              "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

              Comment


              • #8
                I see it as a softball. Picks 5 situations that could easily be defended given today's political climate. Camel nose under the tent. Watch this slowly expand.
                My Avatar: Ivan W. Henderson Gunner/navigator B-25-26. 117 combat missions. Both Theaters. 11 confirmed kills. DSC.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Persephone View Post
                  Technically…they are in the US illegally. Once they committed their felonies, they violated immigration law and became deportable. If you are deportable, you don’t belong here. Therefore, they are here illegally.

                  Legal immigrants have the right to be in the United States, such rights depend entirely on them following certain rules and avoiding certain types of legal violations. The U.S. Immigration and Nationality Act (at I.N.A. Section 237) sets forth numerous grounds upon which a non-citizen may be deported (removed) back to the person’s country of origin.
                  No!

                  Technically, they are legal until a court decision. Not all crimes result in deportation..Notice also the "may be" in what you cite as opposed to "shall"
                  My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by pamak View Post

                    No!

                    Technically, they are legal until a court decision. Not all crimes result in deportation..

                    Did you read which crimes they were found guilty of? YES! They are.


                    "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                    "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Originally posted by Persephone View Post


                      Did you read which crimes they were found guilty of? YES! They are.

                      Sorry, but you cited something which says "may be": and you also wanted to talk about technicalities. So technically speaks, no court decision means they are still legal.
                      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by pamak View Post

                        Sorry, but you cited something which says "may be": and you also wanted to talk about technicalities. So technically speaks, no court decision means they are still legal.
                        I would agree if they weren't already found GUILTY of the felonies they were accused of committing.

                        Try again....


                        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                        "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Persephone View Post

                          I would agree if they weren't already found GUILTY of the felonies they were accused of committing.

                          Try again....

                          And still this is not enough to deport them. There must be a separate court decision about such deportation. So, technically, they are still legal immigrants and no decision by any court will apply retroactively.
                          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by pamak View Post

                            And still this is not enough to deport them. There must be a separate court decision about such deportation. So, technically, they are still legal immigrants and no decision by any court will apply retroactively.
                            OMG! Why on earth do you think Gov Nuisance is pardoning them!




                            "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

                            "A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Persephone View Post

                              OMG! Why on earth do you think Gov Nuisance is pardoning them!



                              I am debating the claim that "technically, they are illegal" and not if they were likely to be deported or not.

                              By the way, a governor cannot pardon somebody for a federal crime. So, if they were already "technically illegal," the governor's pardoning of a state crime would not be enough to shied them from deportation.
                              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                              Comment

                              Latest Topics

                              Collapse

                              Working...
                              X