replied
    I think you meant Whitey Bulger...

Leave a comment:

• Urban hermit
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

That's his whole gun collection.

Last time this sort of crap happened we ended up at:

Good point, But don't forget Ruby Ridge. Or Fast and Furious, And certainly don't forget that while Whitey Ford was butchering his under world competitors he was on the payroll of the FBI.....
    That was the point of my previous OP where I stated the government buy back wouldn't be legal because the government can't pass the back ground check.
    I wasn't joking.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post

Ever see the Cruise film Minority Report about cops who arrest people because they are "predicted" to commit a crime in the future? This whole red flag thing doesn't even have that much legality behind it, and it totally ignores the reality that determined killers can always obtain weapons illegally.

Meanwhile, when the government fails to protect the safety of its citizens, those citizens have the right to protect themselves by whatever means necessary, and we cannot be compelled to bring a knife to a gunfight. These days criminals are better and more heavily armed than the cops.

Red flag laws are about government fear of being thrown out of office for their long history of criminal behavior. It is the last attempt to survive by politicians who see the end of their corrupt reigns looming over them.

Leave a comment:

• T. A. Gardner
    replied
    Originally posted by Urban hermit View Post
    5 rifles, a shotgun and three handguns? That's all?
    These red flag laws are creating a constitutional crisis.

Leave a comment:

• Mountain Man
    replied
    The problem I have with those laws is that they specifically violate the Constitution: "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

That is plain enough for even Democratic Retards to understand.

Then there is a little thing known as "presumption of innocence."

I move to disarm all police since it is highly likely that they will use their weapons in acts of violence against other humans, and a rapidly growing amount of evidence makes it plain that that violence will often be uncalled for and unnecessary.

And we must make it mandatory that no politician be allowed to have armed security of any kind.

Leave a comment:

• Urban hermit
    replied
    5 rifles, a shotgun and three handguns? That's all?
    These red flag laws are creating a constitutional crisis.

Leave a comment:

• TacCovert4
    replied
    My problem with Red Flag laws is that they just kind of tag the whole "Due Process" thing onto the end as some sort of afterthought where the Victim has to prove their innocence and sanity in order to get their private property back from the Government.

There's already a process and procedure for seizing weapons from dangerous people. It's called an Involuntary Commitment. Prove to a Magistrate that the person is mentally ill and a danger to themselves or others....then you can seize their weapons when you take them to the psych ward to be evaluated. The doctors don't find them to be mentally ill and/or the court doesn't declare them to be incompetent.....they get their guns back. The onus at all points is on the Government/Complainant (if different) to Prove that they're incompetent.

Also....Red Flag laws are basically making SWATting Legal. Call in a 'Red Flag' on someone you're arguing with online, and get a police response to forcibly disarm them. I can say with certainty, and as an LEO, that if some jackwagon were to have officers sent to forcibly disarm me on the say so of said jackwagon, either they're walking away empty handed, or the medical examiners office is going to have a very busy night.

Leave a comment:

• Trung Si
    replied
    now have serious reservations about "red flag"
    So do I, and always have had!

Leave a comment:

• I now have serious reservations about "red flag" laws

While the guy involved is a racist kook of the worst sort, this incident shows just how easily, and loosely, a red flag law can be used against someone for speech or political reasons.

“This is a hate-filled human being, but one who, unfortunately, possesses a large number of weapons,” Holmes told King 5 News.
    https://www.foxnews.com/us/guns-seiz...shington-state

Pete Holmes is a local prosecutor.

The "large number of weapons" amounted to 5 rifles, a shotgun, and three pistols.

The part that really galls me is that Kaleb Cole, the neo-Nazi POS involved, wasn't charged with any crime. He wasn't held for psychiatric evaluation, and had made no specific threats. The prosecutor and FBI simply decided based on his online, long held and long expressed, views and postings that he was suddenly a threat and deserved to have his weapons taken away.

My question is, will Holmes and the FBI take the guns of this bunch of radicals who specifically express violence against the government?

After all, they openly advocate violence-- armed violence-- against the likes of Mr. Cole.

So, while I have nothing but contempt for Mr. Cole's POV and opinions, I also have a much stronger contempt for the government using red flag laws as loosely and subjectively as they did in this case. This constitutes a real danger because you or I could be next.

Latest Topics

Collapse

• asterix
    New York AG to sue the NRA
    by asterix
    New York Attorney General Letitia James launches lawsuit against the National Rifle Association alleging financial discrepancies:

https...
    Today, 05:46
  • casanova
    Emanuel Macron
    by casanova
    The French president Emmanuel Macron visited Beirut, Libanon. He watched the devastation in the city, caused by the Amoniumnitrat explosion....
    Today, 01:27
  • casanova
    Beirut
    by casanova
    A awful, dedoerate situation for the population in Beirut, Libanon. A Amoniumnitrat-explosion was the cause of the catastrophe....
    Yesterday, 23:35
Working...
X