Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

FOX's Napolitano: Trump clearly violates emolument clause

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #91
    Originally posted by pamak View Post

    Can you read?

    READ!

    [COLOR=#0000CD Not being truthful to the American people is the same with saying not being honest with the American people!
    1 The same Napolitano also said that everything depended on the intention of Trump when he said to Comey : let it go .
    As one can not prove intentions, it is clear that Napolitano did not question the honesty of Trump . Besides, a year later he was still praising Trump .
    2 The Democrats also said that Trump was not untruthful,because if what Comey claimed was true,or if there were any indications that it was true, the Democrats would have used it/would use it to impeach Trump . No one does any longer use the Mueller Report and Comey is out .
    The only one who said that Trump was not honest to the American people,is Comey . And no one believes him anymore .
    Comey said that Trump committed a criminal offense. Napolitano said that it could not be proved .
    A claim that is credible does not mean a claim that is true .
    3 You still do not know the difference between untruthful and dishonest .
    Untruthful means not giving the truth
    Dishonest means a willful perversion of truth in order to deceive,cheat or defraud .
    It is perfectly possible to be honest and untruthful .

    Comment


    • #92
      About theOP : there is no reason to believe anything Napolitano said, because as a former judge,he has no authority to talk about violations of the constitution .If he was still judge he also would have no authority . Violations of the Constitution are the business of Congress,not of Justice .
      Besides a violation of the constitution is irrelevant in a impeachment process .

      Comment


      • #93
        Originally posted by ljadw View Post

        Dishonest and untruthful are not the same .Dishonest means cheating/lying . And lying is almost impossible to prove .Even if what Trump said was not the truth, that does not prove/imply that he was dishonest .
        And in point 2 Napolitano admitted that there was no proof that Trump intended to lie .
        Thus, not for the first time he was talking nonsense about things which werte not his business .
        Things as that British Intelligence worked against Trump and that what Trump was saying to the gang of 4 was racist but not an impeachable offense .The judge knew even not the essentials of the Constitution and wanted to be judge at the Scotus .
        You try to change the meaning of simple words to continue to support a claim which makes no sense/
        If somebody is untruthful it is perfectly okay to say that he is dishonest.

        And by the way, when one questions somebody's honesty. it does not mean that he can prove that the other person is dishonest. It is obvious that you try to change sthe meaning of
        My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

        Comment


        • #94
          Originally posted by ljadw View Post

          1 The same Napolitano also said that everything depended on the intention of Trump when he said to Comey : let it go .
          As one can not prove intentions, it is clear that Napolitano did not question the honesty of Trump . Besides, a year later he was still praising Trump .
          2 The Democrats also said that Trump was not untruthful,because if what Comey claimed was true,or if there were any indications that it was true, the Democrats would have used it/would use it to impeach Trump . No one does any longer use the Mueller Report and Comey is out .
          The only one who said that Trump was not honest to the American people,is Comey . And no one believes him anymore .
          Comey said that Trump committed a criminal offense. Napolitano said that it could not be proved .
          A claim that is credible does not mean a claim that is true .
          3 You still do not know the difference between untruthful and dishonest .
          Untruthful means not giving the truth
          Dishonest means a willful perversion of truth in order to deceive,cheat or defraud .
          It is perfectly possible to be honest and untruthful .
          Nope!

          1.Read the f*** quote and see the video from the link I posed! You misrepresent what Napolitano said!
          Napolitano said that if you see the big picture, and not a few snippets here and there (as you do), you get a very compelling argument that the president has not been truthful to the American people. So, no! Napolitano's claim about the dishonesty of the president is not supported explicitly on the meaning of the "let it go"
          I also showed you Napolitano doing exactly the same thing (praising his friendship with Trump) even months after Kavanaugh's appointment. So, you still have not presented any evidence to show that Napolitano's attitude has changed. A more rational explanation about Napolitano's desire to remind people his friendship with Trump was because Napolitano wants to defend his criticism from the accusations that it is a result of partisan feelings or personal animosity.
          .
          2. We are not talking about the Democrats

          3. You sound like a person who is cornered. Yes, it is perfectly possible to be honest and not say the truth by a mistake in which case we use the word "inaccurate" but this was NOT Comey's argument which Napolitano found credible.
          Also, the expression "being untruthful" is the same with saying "being dishonest"

          https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/truthful
          Synonyms & Antonyms for truthful


          Synonyms

          honest, veracious

          Antonyms

          dishonest, fibbing, lying, mendacious, prevaricating, untruthful
          Last edited by pamak; 21 Oct 19, 14:38.
          My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

          Comment


          • #95
            Originally posted by pamak View Post

            Nope!

            1.Read the f*** quote and see the video from the link I posed! You misrepresent what Napolitano said!
            Napolitano said that if you see the big picture, and not a few snippets here and there (as you do), you get a very compelling argument that the president has not been truthful to the American people. So, no! Napolitano's claim about the dishonesty of the president is not supported explicitly on the meaning of the "let it go"
            I also showed you Napolitano doing exactly the same thing (praising his friendship with Trump) even months after Kavanaugh's appointment. So, you still have not presented any evidence to show that Napolitano's attitude has changed. A more rational explanation about Napolitano's desire to remind people his friendship with Trump was because Napolitano wants to defend his criticism from the accusations that it is a result of partisan feelings or personal animosity.
            .
            2. We are not talking about the Democrats

            3. You sound like a person who is cornered. Yes, it is perfectly possible to be honest and be untruthful by a mistake but this was NOT Comey's argument which Napolitano found credible.
            You also fail to understand the meaning of credible : credible does not mean correct .
            Yes, we are talking about the Democrats : Comey is one of them .

            Comment


            • #96
              Originally posted by ljadw View Post

              You also fail to understand the meaning of credible : credible does not mean correct .
              Yes, we are talking about the Democrats : Comey is one of them .
              You have failed to understand the meaning of the expression "questioning Trump's honesty" which you try to dispute. There is no requirement for certainty and proof.

              Again, open your eye and read the title:

              https://rare.us/rare-news/the-media/...into-question/
              .

              June 8, 2017 4:21 pm

              After James Comey’s testimony, Judge Napolitano brings the president’s honesty into question



              And we are talking about Napolitano's take on Comey's testimony. We do not talk about Comey himself. Also Comey was an independent.

              Meanwhile, (since you missed it)


              https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/truthful
              .
              Synonyms & Antonyms for truthful


              Synonyms

              honest, veracious

              Antonyms

              dishonest, fibbing, lying, mendacious, prevaricating, untruthful
              Last edited by pamak; 21 Oct 19, 16:11.
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

              Comment


              • #97
                Originally posted by pamak View Post

                You have failed to understand the meaning of the expression "questioning Trump's honesty" which you try to dispute. There is no requirement for certainty and proof.

                Again, open your eye and read the title:

                https://rare.us/rare-news/the-media/...into-question/
                .

                June 8, 2017 4:21 pm

                After James Comey’s testimony, Judge Napolitano brings the president’s honesty into question



                And we are talking about Napolitano's take on Comey's testimony. We do not talk about Comey himself. Also Comey was an independent.

                Meanwhile, (since you missed it)


                https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/truthful
                .
                Synonyms & Antonyms for truthful


                Synonyms

                honest, veracious

                Antonyms

                dishonest, fibbing, lying, mendacious, prevaricating, untruthful
                Comey was an anti-Trumper who worked with the Democrats after the election .

                Comment


                • #98
                  Napo said that there was no proof for the allegations from Comey .Thus the title that he was questioning the honesty of Trump,is false .
                  Other proofs are that Trump did not attack Napo and that even a year later Napo still defended Trump .
                  Why should Napo first claim that Trump was dishonest but continue to defend him ?

                  Comment


                  • #99
                    Originally posted by ljadw View Post

                    Comey was an anti-Trumper who worked with the Democrats after the election .
                    Trump's despicable conduct made him a Democrat!
                    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                      Napo said that there was no proof for the allegations from Comey .Thus the title that he was questioning the honesty of Trump,is false .
                      Other proofs are that Trump did not attack Napo and that even a year later Napo still defended Trump .
                      Why should Napo first claim that Trump was dishonest but continue to defend him ?
                      Questioning somebody's honesty does not require proof!

                      Learn basic English before trying to participate in a debate and do not repeat points that I have already addressed unless you have to say something new.

                      I told you what Napolitano did! He spoke his mind and when he was talking about his friendship with Trump (if there is such thing as friendship in politics) , it was an attempt to show that his criticism is not a result of partisanship or personal animosity.
                      Last edited by pamak; 22 Oct 19, 06:09.
                      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

                      Comment


                      • Napo was never a friend of Trump .

                        Comment



                        • Originally posted by ljadw View Post

                          It is not his job to say that Trump violated /or not ,the emoliments clause .Because it is not the job of a retired judge to say that the president violated/or not the constitution
                          What a bizarre statement.
                          OF COURSE IT'S HIS JOB!!!

                          He's paid by Fox to give his OPINION on legal and constitutional matters.
                          He's not paid to give gardening advice or cooking tips.


                          Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                          .The only who can say if the president violates the constitution is Congress :
                          Wrong. Congress doesn't determine constitutionality, the judicial branch does.



                          Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                          impeachment is not a legal process,but a political process .Presidents are not impeached because they violated the constitution, but for political reasons .
                          Correct.
                          However his actions can be overruled or injunctioned if it's determined to be unconstitutional.

                          Originally posted by ljadw View Post
                          Napolitano did not give his legal opinion,but his personnel biased opinion .If he got the job he wanted,he would remain silent .
                          He never expected a job.

                          Comment


                          • The Judicial branch is not involved in an impeachment process. Only Congress .
                            Napo was hired to give his opinion about legal problems, not about constitutional problems and not about impeachment : a violation of the Constitution is not an impeachable offense .An impeachable offense is what Congress is saying what an impeachable offense .The truth is that a potus can violate the constitution as long he is supported by 34 senators .
                            If there was today still prohibition and Trump was filmed while drinking, the Democrats could/ would impeach him and if they had a 2/3 majority in the Senate, they would dismiss him .
                            To impeach the president,reasons are not needed, only votes . That's why the opinion of Napo about Trump violating the constitution,is irrelevant .
                            Nixon was almost impeached,because he was a Republican .
                            If the Democrats had been able they would have impeached all GOP presidents after Eisenhower .
                            About Napo and the Scotus :
                            on March 25 2017 ,Politico wrote : Napolitano told friends that he was on Trump's Scotus list .

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Freebird View Post


                              What a bizarre statement.
                              OF COURSE IT'S HIS JOB!!!

                              He's paid by Fox to give his OPINION on legal and constitutional matters.
                              He's not paid to give gardening advice or cooking tips.




                              Wrong. Congress doesn't determine constitutionality, the judicial branch does.





                              Correct.
                              However his actions can be overruled or injunctioned if it's determined to be unconstitutional.



                              1 Constitutional matters are political matters, not legal matters .
                              2 What the Judicial Brach is saying about constitutionality is irrelevant,as Congress has the power to overrule the Judicial Branch. The potus has the power to ignore a decision of the judicial branch :if a court orders Trump to make his tax returns public,and Trump refuses , the court can not force him to obey : the court can not send the police to the White House to get the reords .
                              The 3 branches are not equal :
                              the president can block decisions from Congress and can refuse to obey judicial decisions and can annul these decisions by a presidential pardon .
                              congress can override decisions from the potus and can ,if it wants, impeach the potus for any reason at all ; it can also overrule judicial decisions and impeach judges for political reasons .
                              the judicial branch can give opinions,but the other branches can ignore them .

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Freebird View Post








                                Correct.
                                However his actions can be overruled or injunctioned if it's determined to be unconstitutiona
                                But the potus/ congress can overrule the decisions of the supreme court : potus by nominating additional judges= by changing the scotus . Congress by changing the constitution or by impeaching judges of the supreme court .
                                The president can also eliminate the supreme court by not nominating new members, congress can do the same by refusing its agreement to the candidates of the president .

                                Comment

                                Latest Topics

                                Collapse

                                Working...
                                X