Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trump uses murderous Turkey to force Kurds to negotiate.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump uses murderous Turkey to force Kurds to negotiate.

Or so the TDS befuddled will claim proving once again that the left and their neo Con counter parts are incapable of seeing the World as it is.

The salient point is that if Trump's ceasefire and peace arrangements work out he will have saved more Kurdish lives than any president in history. Proving once again that the Elites are not only corrupt but incompetent.
    We hunt the hunters

Originally posted by wolfhnd View Post
    Or so the TDS befuddled will claim proving once again that the left and their neo Con counter parts are incapable of seeing the World as it is.

The salient point is that if Trump's ceasefire and peace arrangements work out he will have saved more Kurdish lives than any president in history. Proving once again that the Elites are not only corrupt but incompetent.
    You would be accurate to say that Trump tries to do now what he refused to do during the phone call. Your "salient" point is nothing more than an attempt for damage control

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

It's not a ceasefire. It's a pause (Turkey's President's words).
      Conservatives in the U.S. won't be happy until Jim Crow returns and "White Heterosexual Only" signs are legalized.

Comment

I'm impressed.

Vice President Mike Pence announced Thursday that Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan had agreed to a cease-fire after meeting with him and Secretary of State Mike Pompeo. Pence said that Turkey had agreed to stop its military offensive in Syria for 120 hours and the Kurds had agreed to pull back from an approximately 20-mile “safe zone.” The vice president said that pending the withdrawal, Turkey would halt its operation entirely.
        "Stand for the flag ~ Kneel for the fallen"

"A wise man can learn more from a foolish question than a fool can learn from a wise answer." ~ Bruce Lee

Comment

They desire tragedy and bloodshed, as it will be used as a tool against the USA and Trump.
          The First Amendment applies to SMS, Emails, Blogs, online news, the Fourth applies to your cell phone, computer, and your car, but the Second only applies to muskets?

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

You would be accurate to say that Trump tries to do now what he refused to do during the phone call. Your "salient" point is nothing more than an attempt for damage control
            NO : without the Turkish invasion,the Kurds would not have retreated .

Comment

Originally posted by ljadw View Post

NO : without the Turkish invasion,the Kurds would not have retreated .
              NO: Without the US retreat, the Turks would not have invaded

My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

NO: Without the US retreat, the Turks would not have invaded
                Proof ?

The Turks invaded Syria several times and the presence/absence of US military was irrelevant .
                100 US soldiers would not stop thousands of Turkish soldiers .
                The Kurds were whining : an other fine mess we have gotten ourselves into . Trump : save us .
                Trump : you , I did warn you . I will do my best .
                The Turks were whining :an other fine mess we have gotten ourselves into .Trump,save us .
                Trump : Erdogan,you . I did warn you , but I will do my best .
                Young McCain : Trump : you deprived me from my moment of glory : Deep State Media's microphones and cameras were directed at me to show the world that I would impose sanctions on Turkey, which would help me for my reelection : vote for Graham, the man who crushed Erdogan .
                Trump : Young McCain you are even more stupid than old McCain .The electors will say : You are fired .
                Next year the electors will vote for Trump ,because
                he saved and ridiculised the Kurds
                he saved and ridiculised Erdogan
                he ridiculised Young McCain .
                he ridiculised Putin : who forced the Turks to stop ? Not Putin, but Trump .

Comment

Proof ?

The Turks invaded Syria several times and the presence/absence of US military was irrelevant .
                  100 US soldiers would not stop thousands of Turkish soldiers .
                  The Kurds were whining : an other fine mess we have gotten ourselves into . Trump : save us .
                  Trump : you , I did warn you . I will do my best .
                  The Turks were whining :an other fine mess we have gotten ourselves into .Trump,save us .
                  Trump : Erdogan,you . I did warn you , but I will do my best .
                  Young McCain : Trump : you deprived me from my moment of glory : Deep State Media's microphones and cameras were directed at me to show the world that I would impose sanctions on Turkey, which would help me for my reelection : vote for Graham, the man who crushed Erdogan .
                  Trump : Young McCain you are even more stupid than old McCain .The electors will say : You are fired .
                  Next year the electors will vote for Trump ,because
                  he saved and ridiculised the Kurds
                  he saved and ridiculised Erdogan
                  he ridiculised Young McCain .
                  he ridiculised Putin : who forced the Turks to stop ? Not Putin, but Trump .
                  Proof?

There is no proof in "what if" history, and you have not provided any proof either that the Turks would have launched an attack anyway regardless of how Trump handled the phone call with Erdogan before the invasion. So, we both make arguments and you lose veryyy bigly.

Addressing your comments one by one

The Turks invaded Syria when the US soldiers were not in the area

The Turks depend militarily and economically to the US through a military alliance and trade interactions

The Turks as NATO members have not deliberately killed US soldiers

The Turks stopped an ongoing attack in exchange of avoiding economic sanctions, so there is no reason to believe that the Turks would be ready to launch an attack that would have resulted in the slaughter of 100 U soldiers which would have certainly brought not only severe economic sanctions but also a military response.

Irrelevant comment

Irrelevant comment

Irrelevant comment

Irrelevant comment

Irrelevant comment

Irrelevant comment

Irrelevant comment

Irrelevant comment

Irrelevant comment
                  Last edited by pamak; 18 Oct 19, 03:01.

Comment

The Kurds,former allies, provoked the Turks. They are saved by Trump .
                    The Turks,former allies,provoked Young McCain,and are saved by Trump .
                    Young McCain is exhibited before his electors as a fool .
                    Putin is ridiculised : Trump solved the crisis . Not Russia .

Comment

The Kurds,former allies, provoked the Turks. They are saved by Trump .
                      The Turks,former allies,provoked Young McCain,and are saved by Trump .
                      Young McCain is exhibited before his electors as a fool .
                      Putin is ridiculised : Trump solved the crisis . Not Russia .
                      Nothing of this addresses the reasons I cited for why the Turks would have never provoked the US by killing 100 US soldiers. In essence you try to argue that Trump made the right decision to withdraw the 100 US soldiers from the area not because he wanted to avoid the Turkish attack but because the Kurds "deserved" to be betrayed and because such hasty withdrawal "ridiculised" Putin and saved Kurds' lives.

Comment

If the invasion would continue and the Turks tried to occupy all Kurdish territories in Syria ,thousands of Kurds would be killed. Trump prevented this .
                        If the Turks continued their invasion, a lot of them would be killed and the interventionists on Capitol Hill wiuld destroy the Turkish economy : Trump prevented this .
                        Trump prevented a large-scale Turkish invasion of Syria, NOT Putin,the ally of Assad . Thus Putin was ridiculised .
                        The Kurds were not betrayed .
                        And, your solution : not to withdraw the US soldiers in Northern Syria ( btw : there was no reason for them to be in this dangerous region ) would result in a big nuclear war in the ME,destroying not only the ME but also Europe and the world economy,thus destroying the US .
                        There was NO reason for American soldiers to die in a war caused by the stupidity of the Kurds .
                        The Kurds are very lucky that they are still there in Northern Syria and they should kneel before Trump and kiss his shoes .
                        There was a deal that the Kurds would not advance to the Turkish border. Turkey, US, the Kurds, Syria and Russia agreed . But suddeenly the Kurds violated the deal .

Comment

The presence of a 100 US soldiers in the region was one of the causes of the invasion .
                          The invasion was provoked by the Kurdish advance to the border,and the Kurds advanced to the border because they were convinced that the US presence would dissuade the Turks to intervene and if they intervened ,there would be a big war with as result Gross Kurdistan .
                          The Kurds were taking hostages the US soldiers in Northern Syria .
                          Trump knew that their presence was risky and that's why he wanted their withdrawal .
                          But as usual, the Pentagon knew better ..

Comment

The Kurds are as murderous as the Turks .More Kurds have been killed by Kurds than by Turks .

Comment

The Kurds are as murderous as the Turks .More Kurds have been killed by Kurds than by Turks .
                              The Turks have a state, the Kurds do not. The Turkish state regards even the prospect of one as an existential threat, justifying just about any means. Iran, Iraq and Syria has somewhat similar views on the matter. No friendship for the tens of millions of Kurds of the world.

Cutting through the arguments of simple self-interest and sheer cynicism that clings to the situation, what it all lands in is the question whether such situation is not an injustice?

All the the arguments against any kind of Kurdish state eventually boils down to rationalizing that supposedly this is not the case.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X