USA - Citizenship and Immigration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USA - Citizenship and Immigration

Obviously a rather wide topic range here, and more later. Want to lead of with the following. There are 100 questions on the test and the Immigration officer chooses 10 of those for the applicant to answer; These Are the Hardest Questions on the U.S. Citizenship Test

https://www.msn.com/en-us/lifestyle/...snbcrd#image=1

You mean some people still come to America legally?
    Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Yeah, quite a few. Enough to keep my oldest son busy at his job with Immigration processing their applications for Naturalization/Citizenship.

Comment

Current, official test of 100 questions;
        https://www.uscis.gov/sites/default/...tions/100q.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post
          Yeah, quite a few. Enough to keep my oldest son busy at his job with Immigration processing their applications for Naturalization/Citizenship.
          Why bother? The Democrats refuse to allow the ICE laws to be enforced in the first place, and our borders are a joke. All your son is really doing is shuffling meaningless paperwork and probably keeping out good people.
          Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post

Why bother? The Democrats refuse to allow the ICE laws to be enforced in the first place, and our borders are a joke. All your son is really doing is shuffling meaningless paperwork and probably keeping out good people.
            Some of the Democrats are trying to do that, but Border Patrol still exists and is active, one still goes through Customs coming into this country, things aren't as open as you imply.

He's processing the applications of the larger number of immigrants whom are doing it the legal, and slightly costly way. Doing the background checks and vetting of those seeking citizenship and or legal admission. Just the opposite of your view, doing his best to let good people in and decline on the "bad".

Comment

Some of the Democrats are trying to do that, but Border Patrol still exists and is active, one still goes through Customs coming into this country, things aren't as open as you imply.

He's processing the applications of the larger number of immigrants whom are doing it the legal, and slightly costly way. Doing the background checks and vetting of those seeking citizenship and or legal admission. Just the opposite of your view, doing his best to let good people in and decline on the "bad".
              And still Obama deported more immigrants than Trump during the first three years...

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...s-inauguration
              Last edited by pamak; 19 Oct 19, 14:42.
              My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

YOur son is a - civil servant?? \for - the \gub'mint???
                The trout who swims against the current gets the most oxygen..

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post

And still Obama deported more immigrants than Trump during the first three years...

https://forums.armchairgeneral.com/f...s-inauguration
                  First; need to distinguish between "Legal" versus "Illegal" Immigrants, something the loonie-LW seldom does.
                  Second; Deportation depends upon other nations(of origin, usually) willing to receive the deported(their own).

So long as these were "illegals" than a rare positive to BHO's scorecard. Also reflective of changing demographics regard the nations taking back their "Illegals".

Can also reflect the more recent obstructions by the Loonie-LW blocking further deportations* ...

* And possible changes in numbers of "illegals" entering then versus now ...

Comment

First; need to distinguish between "Legal" versus "Illegal" Immigrants, something the loonie-LW seldom does.
                    Second; Deportation depends upon other nations(of origin, usually) willing to receive the deported(their own).

So long as these were "illegals" than a rare positive to BHO's scorecard. Also reflective of changing demographics regard the nations taking back their "Illegals".

Can also reflect the more recent obstructions by the Loonie-LW blocking further deportations* ...

* And possible changes in numbers of "illegals" entering then versus now ...
                    Yes, Obama deported more illegal immigrants at a time when less immigrants were attempting to enter the US since the first three years of Obama's presidency were during and shortly after the big recession when the US could not e that attractive for foreigners seeking jobs
                    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by marktwain View Post

YOur son is a - civil servant?? \for - the \gub'mint???
                      Started while he was a junior in high school and joined Army Reserve on Delayed Entry Program.

Then transitioned to Army Active after HS and a deploy to Iraq with 1st Cav; 2004-2005.

Followed by college and degree in anthropology.

Followed by post grad job searches where an offer from INS was more appealing than one with local corrections.

There are essential jobs/duties best done by guv'mint employment, (such as immigration control).
                      He remains a minority conservative within the "Deep State" of Fed bureaucracy.

Comment

Did a degree in Anthropology prepare him for his present job?

Pruitt
                        Pruitt, you are truly an expert! Kelt06

Have you been struck by the jawbone of an ASS lately?

by Khepesh "This is the logic of Pruitt"

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post

Pruitt

It couldn't have hurt. There's not much difference between a bureaucrat and a fossilized dead person...

Comment

Ignore him. Bitter old men aren't worth wasting your time over.

Comment

Originally posted by Pruitt View Post

Pruitt
                              Ironically and in a way, yes.

In certain technical fields, such as sciences, medicine and engineering a more focused and specialized degree is essential. But there are many jobs were just "a four year degree", usually unspecified, is required. In such cases, a degree in English Lit. or History might also work as well as near any other. Looking around and consulting with some advisors, he settled on Anthro since it required a diverse range of courses and came close to being a "generic" four year diploma, that could have broad acceptance and application.

After his TOD in Iraq and dis-charge from Army, he spent a few years doing armed security work before deciding to use the GI Bill and get a degree. Started with a couple years at a community college than completed at PLU in Tacoma.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X