Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Acting White House chief of staff: Aid linked in part to investigating the democrats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Acting White House chief of staff: Aid linked in part to investigating the democrats

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/17/u...gtype=Homepage
    Mulvaney said U.S. military aid for Ukraine was held up pending Ukraine’s investigation of Democrats.

Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, told reporters that the release of military aid to Ukraine this summer was linked in part to White House demands that Ukraine’s government investigate what he called corruption by Democrats in the 2016 American presidential campaign.

It was the first time a White House official has publicly acknowledged what a parade of current and former administration officials have told impeachment investigators on Capitol Hill.

“Did he also mention to me in passing the corruption related to the D.N.C. server? Absolutely. No question about that,” he said. “But that’s it, and that’s why we held up the money.”

After the WH failed to silence witnesses and diplomats who testified in the House Intelligence Committee, it realizes that there is no point in trying to deny the existence of a link between the military aid and the investigation of the Democrats. Now people can understand why lately Trump looks like "he is losing it."
    My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

What's got the Democrats worried is that such investigations will uncover the morass of corruption and illegality going on in their party and with their politicians. I bet that Trumps any consideration of legality on the White House's part. (pun intended).

Comment

Originally posted by T. A. Gardner View Post
      What's got the Democrats worried is that such investigations will uncover the morass of corruption and illegality going on in their party and with their politicians. I bet that Trumps any consideration of legality on the White House's part. (pun intended).
      So, quid pro quo is okay morally and legally as long as you anticipate that it may reveal corruption.

Can we apply the same logic to all of Trump's kids?
      My most dangerous mission: I landed in the middle of an enemy tank battalion and I immediately, started spraying bullets killing everybody around me having fun up until my computer froze...

Comment

Originally posted by pamak View Post
        https://www.nytimes.com/2019/10/17/u...gtype=Homepage
        Mulvaney said U.S. military aid for Ukraine was held up pending Ukraine’s investigation of Democrats.

Mick Mulvaney, the acting White House chief of staff, told reporters that the release of military aid to Ukraine this summer was linked in part to White House demands that Ukraine’s government investigate what he called corruption by Democrats in the 2016 American presidential campaign.

It was the first time a White House official has publicly acknowledged what a parade of current and former administration officials have told impeachment investigators on Capitol Hill.

“Did he also mention to me in passing the corruption related to the D.N.C. server? Absolutely. No question about that,” he said. “But that’s it, and that’s why we held up the money.”

After the WH failed to silence witnesses and diplomats who testified in the House Intelligence Committee, it realizes that there is no point in trying to deny the existence of a link between the military aid and the investigation of the Democrats. Now people can understand why lately Trump looks like "he is losing it."
        Good. The payback is coming.
        Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes? Who is watching the watchers?

Comment

So, quid pro quo is okay morally and legally as long as you anticipate that it may reveal corruption.

It is if you're a Democrat. It isn't if you are politically anything else.

Comment

What's got the Democrats worried is that such investigations will uncover the morass of corruption and illegality going on in their party and with their politicians....
            That makes the "Impeachment Inquiry" an obstruction of justice...

{}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

It is if you're a Democrat. It isn't if you are politically anything else.
              You confuse negotiations in pursuing well established policies in Ukraine with quid pro quo that circumvents official diplomatic channels in pursuing of personal political gains

Comment

"White House demands that Ukraine’s government investigate what he called corruption by Democrats in the 2016 American presidential campaign."

That's Hillary Clinton. Not Biden or Warren - they didn't run in 2016.
                {}

"Any story sounds true until someone tells the other side and sets the record straight." -Proverbs 18:17

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                  "White House demands that Ukraine’s government investigate what he called corruption by Democrats in the 2016 American presidential campaign."

That's Hillary Clinton. Not Biden or Warren - they didn't run in 2016.
                  Unfortunately for you, we also have the transcripts...

Comment

Or cover it up such as when Biden, at White House direction blackmailed withholding if Ukraine didn't change prosecutor and cease certain investigations.

Trump isn't asking the Ukraine to "make dirt", just finish the job of assuring there isn't any "dirt to be found". If further investigation won't find anything incriminating, than there should be no objections to the "favor" that Trump asked. On the other hand ...

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Or cover it up such as when Biden, at White House direction blackmailed withholding if Ukraine didn't change prosecutor and cease certain investigations.

Trump isn't asking the Ukraine to "make dirt", just finish the job of assuring there isn't any "dirt to be found". If further investigation won't find anything incriminating, than there should be no objections to the "favor" that Trump asked. On the other hand ...
                      You continue to make baseless allegations which do not fit with the reality that Biden simply enforced the policies of the Obama administration.

Trump OBVIOUSLY sought dirt. This is why he used his personal attorney and circumvented concerned diplomats.and the FBI

Comment

You continue to make baseless allegations which do not fit with the reality that Biden simply enforced the policies of the Obama administration.

Trump OBVIOUSLY sought dirt. This is why he used his personal attorney and circumvented concerned diplomats.and the FBI
                        "Corruption by Democrats in the 2016 American presidential campaign" and Biden's corruption are not the same.
                        {}

Comment

If there is no "dirt" to be found, should be no issue with Trump seeking a dead end trail. IF ... ???

Comment

Originally posted by BorderRuffian View Post
                            "Corruption by Democrats in the 2016 American presidential campaign" and Biden's corruption are not the same.
                            I did not say otherwise.

The two issues were lumped together in the same phone call which served Trump's quid pro quo scheme at a time when the military aid to Ukraine had already frozen.
                            And by the way, any serious investigation about any corruption should exclude personal attorneys and their shady partners and include formal FBI investigators

Comment

Schiff Pressured Witness To Say Trump Pressured Ukraine To Investigate Biden, Report Says

Democrat House Intelligence Committee Chairman Adam Schiff reportedly pressed U.S. special representative to Ukraine Kurt Volker in a secret meeting on October 3 to say that President Donald Trump pressured Ukrainian officials to investigate former Vice President and current Democrat presidential candidate Joe Biden and his son, Hunter Biden.

“Volker denied that was the case, noting that Ukrainian leaders did not even know the aid was being withheld, and that they believed their relationship with the United States was moving along satisfactorily, without them having done anything Trump mentioned in his notorious July 25 phone conversation with Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky,” The Washington Examiner reported. “When Volker repeatedly declined to agree to Schiff’s characterization of events, Schiff said, ‘Ambassador, you’re making this much more complicated than it has to be.'”
                              During a congressional hearing in late September, Schiff made up quotes from Trump’s phone call with Ukraine, quotes that did not exist in the transcript of the call.

Schiff’s move garnered intense national criticism from top lawmakers and political commentators.

Rep. Lee Zeldin (R-NY) tweeted: “When you don’t have facts on your side some just make it up. The opening statement by their ring leader was #FullofSchiff. House Dems blatantly lying to justify their impeachment inquiry is horribly timed, poorly written and badly intentioned.”
                              https://www.dailywire.com/news/break...en-report-says

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X