X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Massena
    replied
    Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post

For one, Biden wasn't the president. The previous Ukranian regime was corrupt, including the prosecutor. The prosecutor was corrupt because he wasn't doing his job going after corruption.
    I'd suggest you look further into the details.

It's a false equivalence. Typical of RW entertainment outlets. Don't let them trick you!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/c-...biden-ukraine/
    https://www.factcheck.org/2019/09/tr...n-and-ukraine/

There's just so many things you guys learn that are fake news. Don't you care?
    No they don't. All they care about is 'protecting' and offering excuses for Trump because he is a Republican president. If he was a Democrat they would be after him as they were Obama. Supporting the country and the Constitution is not what they are about. They are about nothing more than partisan politics. And that is monstrous.

Leave a comment:

• inevtiab1e
    replied
    Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

Then why is he bragging about how he did it on camera on an open forum?
    For one, Biden wasn't the president. The previous Ukranian regime was corrupt, including the prosecutor. The prosecutor was corrupt because he wasn't doing his job going after corruption.
    I'd suggest you look further into the details.

It's a false equivalence. Typical of RW entertainment outlets. Don't let them trick you!

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/c-...biden-ukraine/
    https://www.factcheck.org/2019/09/tr...n-and-ukraine/

There's just so many things you guys learn that are fake news. Don't you care?
    Last edited by inevtiab1e; 28 Oct 19, 07:41.

Leave a comment:

• Johan Banér
    replied

Because it was the not just public and official policy of the US, but a slew of allied countries as well. For good reason.

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied

Seems to me, having seen the video of it, that Biden was explaining how it was done. And there is nothing illegal about what he did, contrary to Trump's 'quid pro quo' to get Ukrainian assistance in the next election-that is illegal as well as unethical.

Of course, if Trump does it, it's OK with you and those who support Trump?

Leave a comment:

• Massena
    replied
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/polit...cid=spartandhp

Republican senators are lost and adrift as the impeachment inquiry enters its second month, navigating the grave threat to President Trump largely in the dark, frustrated by the absence of a credible case to defend his conduct and anxious about the historic reckoning that likely awaits them.

Recent days have delivered the most damaging testimony yet about Trump and his advisers commandeering Ukraine policy for the president’s personal political goals, which his allies on Capitol Hill sought to undermine by storming the deposition room and condemning the inquiry as secretive and corrupt.

Those theatrics belie the deepening unease many Republicans now say they feel — particularly those in the Senate who are dreading having to weigh their conscience against their political calculations in deciding whether to convict or acquit Trump should the Democratic-controlled House impeach the president.

Leave a comment:

• SRV Ron
    replied
    You do realize multiple countries and allies requested the ousting of the previous Ukranian regime's corrupt prosecutor?

Leave a comment:

• Dibble201Bty
    replied
    The answer is NO. It isn't the president's job to investigate corruption. lol
    You are wrong. The answer is YES!

The transcript of the call is available online.
    Which shows that there is absolutely nothing to see. If there was, Trump would have already been impeached by the nutty Democrats and Shiff would be in an open-top limo being showered with fake snowflakes by his lefty-liberal, madhouse scum.

Leave a comment:

• inevtiab1e
    replied

Exactly, and, in his own words on open camera.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/24...AYDm7UzvhBAyWE
    You do realize multiple countries and allies requested the ousting of the previous Ukranian regime's corrupt prosecutor?

Leave a comment:

• inevtiab1e
    replied
    Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post

Is it not correct for a US president to investigate (self-confessed) corruption no matter who that person is? Umm! I'll answer it for you, it's YES!
    The answer is NO. It isn't the president's job to investigate corruption. lol

And perhaps more accurate, substantive quotes next time?
    The transcript of the call is available online.

Leave a comment:

• inevtiab1e
    replied
    Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Maybe some REAL quotes and sources ???
    Of what? Trump asking Zelensky to investigate the Biden's? It's in the transcript.

Leave a comment:

• Dibble201Bty
    replied
    Trump asked for a favor from a foreign government to look into the origins of a conspiracy theory for ammunition against a political rival for 2020

In his next sentence, Trump makes it clear he's asking for a 2nd favor having the foreign government investigate the Bidens.

The first was obvious, the 2nd was implied.

"Hey, I need a favor to look into election meddling. I also want you to look into the Bidens."
    Is it not correct for a US president to investigate (self-confessed) corruption no matter who that person is? Umm! I'll answer it for you, it's YES!

And perhaps more accurate, substantive quotes next time?

Leave a comment:

• SRV Ron
    replied
    Originally posted by American87 View Post
    This is Biden's scandal now. It has been since day 2.
    Exactly, and, in his own words on open camera.

I remember going over and convincing our team, others, to convince that we should be providing for loan guarantees. And I went over, I guess, the 12th, 13th time to Kiev. And I was supposed to announce that there was another billion-dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and from Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor. And they didn’t.

So they said they had—they were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, I’m not going to—or, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said—I said, call him. (Laughter.) I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a b-tch. (Laughter.) He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/24...AYDm7UzvhBAyWE

Leave a comment:

• G David Bock
    replied
    Trump asked for a favor from a foreign government to look into the origins of a conspiracy theory for ammunition against a political rival for 2020

In his next sentence, Trump makes it clear he's asking for a 2nd favor having the foreign government investigate the Bidens.

"Hey, I need a favor to look into election meddling. I also want you to look into the Bidens."
    Maybe some REAL quotes and sources ???

Leave a comment:

• Snowshoveler
    replied
    EB80C3F8-4897-4D0F-8B3F-AF60AEE96735.jpeg

Leave a comment:

• inevtiab1e
    replied
    Originally posted by Freebird View Post

Please quote the exact phrase where Trump asks for multiple favors.

He asks for "a favor" (singular) - to look into Crowdstrike.

Now, you can try to assert that his second request (Look at Biden) was also a request, but it's not clear in the text that it was

Leave a comment:

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
X