Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trump's Ukraine Scandal

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world...cid=spartandhp

President Donald Trump is at the center of an impeachment inquiry over his efforts to pressure the Ukrainian government to investigate his political rival, and possibly using military aid as a bargaining chip.

An explosive whistleblower complaint filed by an anonymous intelligence community official in August claimed Trump was "using the power of his office to solicit interference from a foreign country in the 2020 U.S. election" in a July 25 phone call with Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky.

Trump ordered his administration to withhold a nearly $400 million military-aid package to Ukraine days before the phone call.

While the White House's notes of the call show the US president made no direct mention of offering aid in exchange for Zelensky's assistance in probing former Vice President Joe Biden, they confirm Trump brought up how the US does "a lot for Ukraine" right before asking Zelensky to do him a "favor, though" by investigating Biden and discrediting the former special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe.
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are we are; One equal temper of heroic hearts
    Made weak by time and fate but strong in will
    To strive to seek to find and not to yield.

This is Biden's scandal now. It has been since day 2.
    "It is a fine fox chase, my boys"

"It is well that war is so terrible-we would grow too fond of it"

Comment

Originally posted by Massena View Post

While the White House's]notes of the call] show the US president made no direct mention of offering aid in exchange for Zelensky's assistance in probing former Vice President Joe Biden, they confirm Trump brought up how the US does "a lot for Ukraine" right before asking Zelensky to do him a "favor, though" by investigating Biden and discrediting the former special counsel Robert Mueller's Russia probe.
      No, he didnt.
      He asked for a favor - helping to find the Crowdstrike server.

The discussion about Biden/Burisma came later.

Comment

Originally posted by Freebird View Post

No, he didnt.
        He asked for a favor - helping to find the Crowdstrike server.

The discussion about Biden/Burisma came later.
        Correct.

Trump asked for 2 favors.

1. Look into 2016 election conspiracy theories
        2. Look into Biden 2020 conspiracy theories.

Extra credit: Withhold aid to Ukraine without notifying anyone

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/hillary...on-2019-10-19/

Comment

Originally posted by inevtiab1e View Post
          Correct.

Trump asked for 2 favors.
          Please quote the exact phrase where Trump asks for multiple favors.

He asks for "a favor" (singular) - to look into Crowdstrike.

Now, you can try to assert that his second request (Look at Biden) was also a request, but it's not clear in the text that it was

Comment

Originally posted by Freebird View Post

Please quote the exact phrase where Trump asks for multiple favors.

He asks for "a favor" (singular) - to look into Crowdstrike.

Now, you can try to assert that his second request (Look at Biden) was also a request, but it's not clear in the text that it was
            Trump asked for a favor from a foreign government to look into the origins of a conspiracy theory for ammunition against a political rival for 2020

In his next sentence, Trump makes it clear he's asking for a 2nd favor having the foreign government investigate the Bidens.

The first was obvious, the 2nd was implied.

"Hey, I need a favor to look into election meddling. I also want you to look into the Bidens."

Comment

EB80C3F8-4897-4D0F-8B3F-AF60AEE96735.jpeg

Comment

Trump asked for a favor from a foreign government to look into the origins of a conspiracy theory for ammunition against a political rival for 2020

In his next sentence, Trump makes it clear he's asking for a 2nd favor having the foreign government investigate the Bidens.

"Hey, I need a favor to look into election meddling. I also want you to look into the Bidens."
                Maybe some REAL quotes and sources ???

Comment

Originally posted by American87 View Post
                  This is Biden's scandal now. It has been since day 2.
                  Exactly, and, in his own words on open camera.

I remember going over and convincing our team, others, to convince that we should be providing for loan guarantees. And I went over, I guess, the 12th, 13th time to Kiev. And I was supposed to announce that there was another billion-dollar loan guarantee. And I had gotten a commitment from Poroshenko and from Yatsenyuk that they would take action against the state prosecutor. And they didn’t.

So they said they had—they were walking out to a press conference. I said, nah, I’m not going to—or, we’re not going to give you the billion dollars. They said, you have no authority. You’re not the president. The president said—I said, call him. (Laughter.) I said, I’m telling you, you’re not getting the billion dollars. I said, you’re not getting the billion. I’m going to be leaving here in, I think it was about six hours. I looked at them and said: I’m leaving in six hours. If the prosecutor is not fired, you’re not getting the money. Well, son of a b-tch. (Laughter.) He got fired. And they put in place someone who was solid at the time.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/24...AYDm7UzvhBAyWE
                  “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Is it not correct for a US president to investigate (self-confessed) corruption no matter who that person is? Umm! I'll answer it for you, it's YES!

And perhaps more accurate, substantive quotes next time?
                    ‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                    All human ills he can subdue,
                    Or with a bauble or medal
                    Can win mans heart for you;
                    And many a blessing know to stew
                    To make a megloamaniac bright;
                    Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                    The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

Originally posted by G David Bock View Post

Maybe some REAL quotes and sources ???
                      Of what? Trump asking Zelensky to investigate the Biden's? It's in the transcript.

Comment

Originally posted by Dibble201Bty View Post

Is it not correct for a US president to investigate (self-confessed) corruption no matter who that person is? Umm! I'll answer it for you, it's YES!
                        The answer is NO. It isn't the president's job to investigate corruption. lol

And perhaps more accurate, substantive quotes next time?
                        The transcript of the call is available online.

Comment

Originally posted by SRV Ron View Post

Exactly, and, in his own words on open camera.

https://thefederalist.com/2019/09/24...AYDm7UzvhBAyWE
                          You do realize multiple countries and allies requested the ousting of the previous Ukranian regime's corrupt prosecutor?

Comment

The answer is NO. It isn't the president's job to investigate corruption. lol
                            You are wrong. The answer is YES!

The transcript of the call is available online.
                            Which shows that there is absolutely nothing to see. If there was, Trump would have already been impeached by the nutty Democrats and Shiff would be in an open-top limo being showered with fake snowflakes by his lefty-liberal, madhouse scum.

‘Tis said his form is tiny, yet
                            All human ills he can subdue,
                            Or with a bauble or medal
                            Can win mans heart for you;
                            And many a blessing know to stew
                            To make a megloamaniac bright;
                            Give honour to the dainty Corse,
                            The Pixie is a little shite.

Comment

You do realize multiple countries and allies requested the ousting of the previous Ukranian regime's corrupt prosecutor?
                              Then why is he bragging about how he did it on camera on an open forum?
                              “Breaking News,”

“Something irrelevant in your life just happened and now we are going to blow it all out of proportion for days to keep you distracted from what's really going on.”

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

Working...
                              X